002

Impossible Chances

A/N: Sorry, a lot of flashbacks! it’ll make Sungyeol’s feelings a bit easier to understand (I guess?)

 

The sound of wind rushing past the open window filled the car as Sungyeol gripped the steering wheel. Myungsoo sat beside him, staring at the surroundings whip by.

 

Sungyeol thought back to earlier that day.

 

"So, Myungsoo," Sunggyu said," would you be willing to work for us?"

 

The boy narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "Depends on what type of work."

 

"Errm... So as you heard Sungyeol earlier, I'm the CEO of this company, Woollim Inc. We are actually a modeling company. Umm... We are kind of going into debt, I guess?" Sunggyu scratched the back of his head, "This is a fairly small company, but I managed to hire Sungyeol because he's our old time friend. Our company did manage to gain some offers and publicity because Sungyeol's a famous international model who transferred from one of the biggest company's, SM Inc., to a no name company but it's just not enough."

 

Sungyeol was nodding along proudly until he heard the not enough part. He was about to say something but was interrupted by Myungsoo.

 

"When do I start?" he asked.

 

Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't thought that Myungsoo would accept so quickly.

 

"Well, you're going to have to clean up first, and then we'll have Sungyeol teach you the basics," Sunggyu said. He muttered under his breath, "I just hope you're not ugly."

 

"Also, how old are you, Myungsoo?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Seventeen," Myungsoo mumbled.

 

"Holy !" Sunggyu swore, "he's still a minor. Well, Myungsoo, you're gonna have to get your parent's permission first."

 

Myungsoo's face darkened, "I don't need them. They don't care what I do. I'll me turning eighteen in two months anyway."

 

"O--okay..." Sunggyu stuttered at Myungsoo's outburst, “Well, I guess you could start working when you turn eighteen, but you have to start learning now."

 

Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo towards the door.

 

"Bye, Gyu-hyung. Bye, Woohyun-hyung. We're gonna go to my house now!"

 

Sungyeol felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned and saw Myungsoo staring at him like he was spacing out while driving. Oh, wait a second, that was what he was doing.

 

“We’ll get there soon,” Sungyeol said quietly.

 

They finally arrived in front of the house.

 

z4IXGcJbaQO4ZYMHXciAm-tr-QNJr5oWmoByvCee

 

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo’s face carefully, hoping to see him be impressed by Sungyeol’s wealth. However, Myungsoo didn’t react at all.

 

“This is your house?” Myungsoo asked, obviously not impressed.

 

Sungyeol nodded dumbly as Myungsoo opened the door and got out. He looked at the dirt left on the seat and winced, thinking about the price it would take to clean it off of the expensive leather.

 

He got out and unlocked the front door, Myungsoo following him in. Sungyeol stopped and turned to Myungsoo. Stopping as well, Myungsoo stared up at Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes raked over Myungsoo, form head to toe, evaluating his features and proportions. He thought back to when he first saw Myungsoo.

 

(Why did he want Myungsoo as a model?)

 

When he first saw Myungsoo, it was right after he witnessed a group of grown men hit a boy. Despite going through that beating, the boy sat back slowly as if nothing had happened. Sungyeol wasn’t quite sure what it was exactly that had made his feet walk forward and show him the money.

 

It must’ve been the way he sat so proudly despite the situation that he was in. The way although he had his head bent down, it didn’t seem as if he was bowing. The way how he didn’t make a sound even though he must be in pain. The way he kept his back straight and proud although he was kneeling.

 

And maybe it was also because Sungyeol wanted to protect him. But ONLY just a little.

 

A voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

 

“Ahjussi, you’re spacing out again,” Myungsoo said.

 

“WHAT?! I am not an ahjussi, okay kid? I am only 21 years old,” Sungyeol exclaimed indignantly.

 

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, clearly not impressed. “Okay, whatever you say… ahjussi.”

 

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Whatever feelings of pity Sungyeol had felt for the boy had disappeared completely. (or so he thought)

 

“Okay, Myungsoo, first of all, you’re going to wash up. The bathroom’s over there. Come over to my room when you’re done,” Sungyeol made a shooing gesture with his hands, “And finish up quickly, I already made an appointment with one of my friends to give you a makeover.”

 

Myungsoo seemed hesitant but moved slowly into bathroom. Sungyeol heard sounds of water and quickly went to his room to get some clothes ready. He guessed they were about the same size.

 

“Sungyeol-ahjussi?”

 

Sungyeol felt a flash of annoyance as he walked to the bathroom.

 

“What?”

 

He saw Myungsoo, now clean, poke his head out of the door. His bangs flopped over his forehead in an innocent way as he blinked slowly at Sungyeol. He looked SOOOOO ADORA-- No, Sungyeol, no, he is NOT adorable.

 

“What?” Sungyeol asked again. And he definitely did not stare at the bit of bare skin peeking from behind the door.

 

Myungsoo his chapped lips nervously.

 

“Uummm, there aren’t any towels…”

 

“Oh sorry, I’ll get one for you,” Sungyeol says hurriedly and nearly sprints to his room. He slams the door closed and collapses on the other side. He attempts to hypnotize himself.

 

No, Sungyeol, he is most definitely not cute, not cute at all. There is nothing innocent about him at all.

 

 











A/N: I seriously apologize for this chapter because my writing style goes all wacky when I type the stories rather than copying from a handwritten version. I'm really sorry this is short. also, there is a question i'd like to ask. would you guys rather have short updates more frequently or long updates that take longer?

please comment below.