Chapter 6

Eternally Yours

Chapter 6

 

Jessica waited for her to finish the sentence, but it was to no avail. Tiffany stopped short.

”Never mind. It’s not important. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye Jessi.” She said and smiled before taking her leave.

Though puzzled, there was nothing else she could do for the time being. Jessica shrugs it off and bows to her teacher on her way out.

 

******

“Yoong-ah, are you home?” Yuri calls out upon her entrance into the house.

“Hi unnie!” Yoona said happily as she came running out to the living room to greet her sister with a hug.

“How did you get home today? And where’s umma?”

“Oh… Hyunnie’s sister walked me back home today. And umma went out.” Yoona replies.

“Oh? Hyunnie? Hyunnie’s sister? Yoong what did I tell you about talking to strangers…”

“But unnie…I have perfect reason why I talked to them in the first place!”

“Okay… go on. Who is this ‘Hyunnie’ and her sister?”

“Ok here goes, well Hyunnie’s full name is Seo Joohyun. But since I asked her to call me by Yoong so I asked her if I can call her Hyunnie. I met both Hyunnie and her unnie today when I was playing at the park while waiting for you. But you were late.” She said pouting.  “And Hyunnie’s sister says that she was from your class. So… I thought it was ok to go home with her and Hyunnie. You should meet them, Yuri unnie!”

“Oh, I’m sorry Yoong… Something came up today.” Yuri apologizes.

“Oh wait here unnie.” Yoona says and happily skips off to the room before coming out with another girl following behind her.

Yuri’s eye widened when she saw the familiar face that belonged to none other than, Hwang Miyoung.

“H-Hey…” Yuri stuttered before continuing, “Thank you for walking my sister home today. I was held up with something earlier.”

“No problem.” She replied and smiled. “Yoori-yah, I hope we become good friends.”

“Uhh… what? I’m sorry… I could only understand a part of what you said to me.” Yuri replied, feeling embarrassed at her statement.

“Oh… well, my Korean isn’t that good yet. But hopefully, when we become friends you can help me improve  my Korean.” She said shyly and gave Yuri her eye smile that was full of aegyo.

 

Yuri was dumbfounded. No one has ever asked to be her friend. There were only a two people that she can recall that treats her nicely. And that was her younger sister Yoona and the ice princess she met yesterday, whom she has come to know as Jessica. Yuri shook off whatever thought she had on her mind, thinking that it was too strange that she was even slightly thinking about Jessica.

 

“Uh… yeah. Let’s be friends.” Yuri replied and smile.

“Ahhh!! Fany unnie!! You got her to smile!!” Yoona suddenly exclaims.

“Fany?” Yuri questioned.

“Yeah… Yoona couldn’t really pronounce Tiffany so I just told her to call me Fany. You should call me that too Yoori!” She replies.

“Hyunnie~!! Come here~!” Yoona calls out.

 

And upon hearing her name a small little girl with straight, black hair comes walking out of the room.

“H-hello, Yuri unnie. I’m Seohyun.” She says shyly while averting her eyes from Yuri’s.

Yuri simply nodded and smiled.

 

“Ahhh!! I’m so happy!! Unnie likes both Hyunnie and Fany unnie!! Yay!!” Yoona exclaims and started jumping up and down while holding onto Seohyun’s hand.

“I didn’t know you have a sister, Tippany” commented Yuri.

“Well, sorta. Hyunnie’s my step-sister, since my father got remarried with her mom.” Tiffany says hesitantly.

“Oh…” Yuri said understanding that she shouldn’t pursue that matter any further.

“Hyunnie-yah. We have to go home now. Appa and umma will be home soon.” Tiffany says gently to her sister.

 

“Bye Yuri, bye Yoona.” Tiffany says and wave to them and taking hold of her sister’s hand.

“Bye Yoong. Bye Yuri unnie.” Seohyun in a voice that was barely audible.

 

******

“Sica!” Krystal calls out.

 

But Jessica just walks right past Krystal and straight to her room, slamming the door behind her.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Krystal muttered as she walks away.

“Krystal. What happened? What was all that noise?” Her mom questions the young child.

“Sica. Mean.” Were the only two words Krystal says as she ran towards her mom.

 

******

Once she was inside, Jessica threw herself onto the bed.

*What’s wrong with me? Why am I feeling angry with myself? Why am I even angry at all?*

Frustrated with herself she threw one of her stuffed animals across the room.

 

*Kwon Yuri… Why do you intrigue me so much…?*

 

End flashback