12M: The First Six Months

12 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 months

Italic: memories; flashback -

2k words

 

--

12 months ago.

:

{ I’m not so open like the window you are }

 

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, trying to control her emotions. She knew that she would be more that affected after their breakup. She knew that he would be a bit faster in recovering.

She never knew he was that fast.

He stood there, next to her group member, talking to her as if he didn't just have a very difficult breakup the day before.

She also knew that he was a social butterfly.

 

He always knew how to charm people to get what he wanted. He also hid his feelings well, even from her. He also hid what he didn't want anyone else to know well. But not good enough.

 

Either he hadn't cared at all or he was very good at hiding his pain.

 

~

11 months ago.

:

{ The glass is just a reflection of the scars }

 

She stared at him, eyes wide and mouth agape.

He really danced well. He was a b-boy, after all. He stopped and rested. Maybe it was the way he closed his eyes and lay down on the floor, or maybe the way that he ignored everything and stayed looking at the ceiling.

 

She was reminded of the ways they would do healing on each other.

 

They would just sit at the practice room, his head on her lap. Other times they would go out for a meal together, then watch the stars together. It healed their minds, away from the screaming and lights.

 

Before she knew it, she was sniffling, trying to stop the tears from flowing.

 

She knew that he would just remind her of her bad memories.

 

She turned and walked away, just as the boy looked up, his eyes wet with tears.

 

~

10 months ago.

:

{ Told me that you had to leave but how the does that change anything? }

 

She looked at herself, groaning in frustration. She couldn't control her voice. She knew, she had to just leave the group for a while, just a day. One day of practice wouldn't change anything. One day of missing something doesn't mean anything.

 

But that's what she always said.

 

He missed a date. Just one-- she thought that one date wouldn't mean anything, but it was where everything broke down.

 

It started with an excuse and a panicked expression. The words, "I've got to leave."

She just dismissed it, it was the first time he missed a date anyway. She let it go, she knew he was busy as a celebrity too. At least, that's what she thought.

 

Suddenly, it became a ritual. He kept missing dates, and if he remembered, he would be late.

She wasn't so naive, she noticed. She didn't know why, but she could not bring herself to talk to him. To scold him.

 

Maybe she was just too controlled or too scared he'd leave her. But it was just the way he does look at her.

The expressions changed after a while, his eyes becoming red after nights of drinking.

 

She left the practice room, leaving a note for her members as a silver haired boy went in and looked at her note.

 

~

9 months ago.

:

{ Your glare is the faintest }

 

She looked at him through the window, but did not say anything. It was planned by them long ago when they were together that she would produce his solo album. They told the company then and now, she and he were the only persons in the studio.

 

He avoided her gaze, only focusing on his voice and lyrics. She tapped on the table, submerged in the role of the producer, her patience running thin. He wasn't feeling the song.

 

"Haven't you ever been in love?!" She shouted. This wasn't his first time singing a song in front of her.

 

She tapped on the window, and he looked up. She motioned for him to start again. She noticed that he only looked at the other empty seat beside her, never making eye contact with her.

 

She suddenly remembered the time that he confessed that he liked her. The way he looked at her. He never even looked at her anymore...

 

 

It was in a training camp that they had together.

 

Everyone was trying to look for 4 boxes containing items that would let them leave the camp.

 

They left together, simply walking. She stopped and sat on a swing, frowning at the fruitless searching.

 

The boy happily took out a bag from behind a bush and said,"This is my treasure."

She looked at him curiously as he took out a pair of grey worn-out sneakers from the bag. He motioned for her to take one shoe so she did.

 

"This is my first pair of worn out sneakers," he said as he looked at her sheepishly. "I'll give you one shoe from this pair of sneakers. Like couple rings, but sneakers. We're supposed to debut by the time I get my 9th pair of worn put ones." He smiled and walked away.

 

"Yah! How dare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter