A Getaway is What We Need

A Place Where I belong

HI GUYS~ I know it's a slow start but this is needed to develope Aria's character. From this chapter you get some insight on her character, beliefs, and background.

Anyway leave comments below or subscribe if you like it! <33 GOT7 WILL APPEAR IN THE NEXT CHAPTER


~ARIA POV~

People look at me and judge me with profound glares

It is something I am used to, if we are to be judged harshly at any time in our lives…it would be our college years of course. It is the years where we are spontaneous, crazy, and drunk all the time. Is every college student like that? NO.

I wish to be spontaneous and be the college girl I really am or was. However, to survive in our society in this day and age. We must work, work, and work until our backs give out and all our hairs grow gray. That is when we retire and have the freedom to travel and explore without judgment…that is, if our bodies will allow it.

However, I do not fear old age, but the limits that come with our bodies as we age. I do not fear death, but fear the lonely darkness when I am lying alone in my grave. I do not fear expectations, rather I fear to disappoint those who indefinitely believe in me.

Ultimately, I decided to travel one summer, to free myself from self-inflicting thoughts that slowly gathered in my mind as time grew on. My friends thought it was a great idea to travel and I too started to believe, maybe just maybe this trip would change my life. I know it is naïve to believe my whole existence would change from just one vacation (I’ve been told I’m very gullible on many occasions). But I believed anyway.  I was always unlucky and if I was to gain anything from this journey was possibly another injury to add to my list. Yet, I believed anyway.

 

“KOREA! I AM HERE!” May declared “Ari isn’t this amazing?!”

May giggled excitedly while I drew a long breath

“It’s just an airport”

“ARIA ZHANG!” She groaned with irritation in her voice, note: she only uses my full name when she gets angry/annoyed with me “Its Korea! It’s going to be amazing! Be more excited will ya?”

“Easy for you to say May Wang. You are totally boy crazy for all those boy bands!”

May replied with a deep gasp, exasperated she yelled “how dare you! They are artists!...that are utterly hot and amazing in every single way!”

May threw her arm over my shoulder, and drew a rainbow with her free hand “imagine! You bump into a cute celebrity and he falls in love with you! Kyaa!”

“stop grinning like an idiot!” I chuckled “Let’s get our things and go find our apartment”

“Couldn’t you let me fantasize even five more seconds?! JB was totally going to kiss me!”

I rolled my eyes and let her follow behind me in her boy crazed state. Don’t get me wrong, I love my best friend. She’s just like me, a Chinese American. We grew up together, we understand each other without words. But with words if needed, we both can pick up languages quickly. In all honesty, she gave me a crash course on Korean starting last week and we can now converse fluently. Also…she’s the only one who can handle my sarcasm and negativity ever since I became depressed. But she tries to take care of me and help me, and puts the attention on me when she can, to let me know that my existence does matter. Which means a lot coming from May, she grew up as the popular girl, meaning she always had the spotlight. Sharing the spotlight can be pretty hard for a queen bee, especially a RICH queen bee. The attention we didn’t get at home was made up at school. Our parents both had high expectations, but we both disappointed them. So here we are trying to make the most of our lives.

"I'm sorry you have to pay for me May"

"It's okay honey. We'll keep it up as long as we can before my parents disown me too"

I smiled bitterly "Thanks"

I wish she hadn't brought up my parents again...but what can I do. It's the truth...my parent's had enough of my constant partying in college and were disgusted that I did not want to take over the family hotel chain JK GRAND (JK for her father's initials). Wanting to become an artist or music composer was pathetic and people who followed that career become despicable lying snobs; that's what they believed at least. They'd rather disown their child than have a free-lancing artist daughter just because it goes against their business ethics.

"I can't believe I start at JYP entertainment tomorrow as a stylist! I'm so excited! Are you sure you don't want a job? You can take any position you want"

It's not a surprise that May's family bought her way into this job, this is "final" chance to redeem herself. But I doubt it's her last chance since she's a Daddy's princess. I'm not saying this is the right way to find a job, but this is how the rich live. Whatever they want they get, because they have the means to.

"Maybe starting in a couple days. I just want to explore for a few days first"

"okay but you're missing out! I get to dress these gorgeous boys! aghhh what a dream come true!"

"Calm down before you give yourself a heart attack"

"I can't! It's for GOT7! OMGOMG I'll get to meet JB again. This time we can have a real conversation!"

"hmmm...I think I'll go sight seeing or maybe shopping. Dear, your credit card?"

"Oh take my gold one and keep it with you if you need it"

"Thanks"

"What are a couple bucks between best friends"

"I know we never cared about money before but now...I feel like..I'll pay you back someday"

"Don't worry about it. You know I dont care about stuff like that"

"Right..." She wouldn't understand, I'm not the same status as her anymore... "I'm tired. I'm going to bed"

"But we're not even done unpacking...Ay!" I heard her giggle whilst singing  "A~ A~"

Maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea after all. If I could just stop breathing in my sleep, that would be great. Even if I'm alone under the ground at least I'll be at peace.