The call.

The love's chance

It surprised her to see him looking at his phone. “What is it?”

“I am waiting for it to be Ten pm, sharp.” He raised the phone to his eyes level and smirked as he dialed the number, and waited for an answer. She sat next to him, and observed him curiously while he moved uncomfortably in his place. “Good evening, Mr. Cho.”

“Where is my daughter?” Daehyun looked at her, in that moment and couldn’t hold a sudden heat from reaching his cheeks while she blushed scooting away. They were just inches away few seconds ago.

“Somewhere.” She widened her eyes as his voice was enough sensual to make her melt. “I am planning on burying her alive, but you can save her if you tell me who is with you, and don’t lie to me. I have eyes and ears on that house.” It was partially true, Zelo was supposed to call him back if he saw the police around the perimeter.

“I am with my wife and Choi Minho…”

“Good, put the speaker on.” He ordered as he the speakers too. “So, Mr. Choi?”

“Yes.” A cold reply from the called man made Souha shiver.

“I hope you are willing to save your fiancée, because I have no time for negotiations.” He said with even more cold tone, smirking evilly. “You have files, tapes, and proofs of Bang Yung Guk’s innocence and I want them. Give me the file, I give you the girl, and if you ever refuse, I’ll probably enjoy torturing her and sending you tapes of her suffering." Suddenly, she made a loud yelp.

“Don’t touch me you bastard!” he looked at her surprised and she winked at him, before making a loud yelp.

“No, please…” Her father’s voice was obviously shaking. “I’ll do anything for her, just don’t…”

“I can’t fill his request.” Minho’s voice made them all freeze, even Souha.

“And why in the bloody hell?” The father said with a pissed off tone.

“I destroyed them, I burned down everything that can prove Bang Yung Guk innocent.” Minho said coldly. “You have no benefits on keeping her captive, so release her, and we will find a better way to help your friend.”

Souha was fuming by the time she realized that Daehyun was shaking, tears sparkling in his eyes. “LIAR!” She yelled in anger making Daehyun jump out of his skin. “You have them and you don’t want to free me! They told me the truth, I just know they did. You don’t want to free Bang Yung Guk, you selfish bastard! He’s innocent, you know it and who knows why you are involved.”

“Sou…”

“ you, Minho.” Souha started sobbing. “They will bury me alive! Is that what you want?” She felt a hand on her back, patting softly. He took the phone closer.

“I give you one week to free my friend. By the end of the seventh day, she will be buried with an oxygen bottle, big enough to make her live 48 hours if she keeps calm.” He chuckled. “But we know both that she won’t keep calm… so how many hours do you think she will take to empty it? I’ll call after seven days, so make sure to do no mistakes, and do not involve the police.” He ended the call, turned off the device before throwing it out of the window and straight into the sea then looked at her; she was shedding tears with an expressionless face.

“He didn’t deny not getting them, he didn’t say he didn’t know what you were talking about… he had them… you didn’t lie to me, he had them.” She spoke. “I wish I didn’t know him… I was such a fool…”

“Believe me, you aren’t the only one fooled by the charismatic young prosecutor.” Daehyun said resting his head on the wall behind. “I need to come up with a new plan.”

“For what?”

He looked at her with a smirk. “Do you think he would free hyung in a week? I don’t think so…”

“Then what do you think of?” Daehyun didn’t answer and she frowned looking away. “If only your hyung did sell the ship to one of you…” he looked at her surprised, and she noticed so. “I mean, they locked him to get this, so if the owner of the ship isn’t the man they have then, there is no reason to keep him locked.”

“And no reason to free him.”

She frowned, because it was true, and looked down to her hands. The silence was suffocating, and Daehyun chose to walk in the fresh air while she slipped inside the room and tried to get her way back to the bed. She climbed the ladder and got in the bed, surprised by the soft smell of soap. The bed was unexpectedly clean, and it was only by then that she noticed so.

Suddenly, she saw the light turning off in the living room, making it impossible to see. Then, she heard the sounds of belt taken off, zipper being pulled open, and clothes taken off.

“Dae?”

“Yes.” He answered her right away.

“What is your real name?” He didn’t answer for a long moment. “I…”

“My name is Jung Daehyun.” He said as she was about to apologize for asking.

“Oh… That is a cute name for a kidnapper.” She said with a smile.

“I am not a kidnapper… I just didn’t have other safe choices.” He admitted.

Safe choices?” She asked him curiously. “I don’t think kidnapping me is a safe option.”

“I meant safe for you.” The sensation that burned down her heart was strange and she almost threw the cover away, faniing herself. “I never planned to hurt or to kill… Kidnapping was my only way to push some strings without being obliged to kill anybody.” The silence that followed was surprisingly lighter than before. “I actually thought…”

Since he didn’t finish the sentence, she did. “That Minho will be a considering lover and fiancée and try to bring me back safe and sound, right?” Daehyun noticed the sad tone in her voice. “Well, you thought wrong… it was falling between us. His absence in my life was something I used to.”

“He’s busy?”

“He’s cold.” Daehyun understood. He soon heard whimpers and decided to not speak. She was indeed crying, trying to not make a sound, and soon calmed down.

“Souha?”

“Yes?”

“If I had you in my life, I wouldn’t be cold with you.”

“Why not?” She asked blushing madly.

“You are pretty courageous for a girl, so I'm impressed.” He said chuckling. “Your acting skills are pretty convincing too.”

“I studied theatre in high school.” She answered smiling. “I always loved acting, dancing and singing but my family was against it.”

“What did they want you to be?”

“A lawyer like my cousins, or something even more important.” Daehyun hummed. “Are you sleepy?”

“Well, aren’t you?” he asked her as he shifted into a more comfortable position. She didn’t answer and he relaxed more. “Good night.”

“Good night, Dae.” She mumbled forcing her eyes to close. Yet, she didn’t sleep, neither did he. However, none of them made a sound until Daehyun’s alarm made them jump in fear. Daehyun sighed before knocking it in the other side of the room and stood up, stretching his body. The sunset wasn’t there yet, but she could easily imagine him in boxers, and she blushed at it. Suddenly, her guesses turned out correct as the living room’s light was , and she managed to see from where she was the back view of a firm body. She smirked, leaning closer to see what the man was doing.

She was hit by how strong Daehyun’s body looked. True, Minho was a sport addict but Daehyun’s body screamed the effect of the hardworking in the fresh air. It was way too different. Suddenly, a phone rang and she moved her head to the shadows before being caught. “Yes, Him hyung?” Daehyun made a sudden move of shock as he faced the door. Souha slowly leaned to see a virile stature then a shocked expression in Daehyun’s face while he passed a shaking hand on his missy hair. “Did they lock him down? Glad they didn’t. But, why would they seek for her in his house? , they were seeking for me, right? No, no, I’m not going to leave the BYG. Why wouldn’t I stay? The best hideout is the sea, hyung. If ever they come over, I can make her swim under the ship until the marines go.”

The purpose of the call was to tell him that the police made its ways into Zelo’s flat, which was a rented cave in the downtown. Fortunately, Zelo was spying over Souha’s house so he was alerted in time, and managed to find a hideout, which the others did too.   He ended the call with a loud sigh and sat facing the table that he hit harshly with his fist.

As curiosity took over her, she left the bed and walked up when Daehyun yelped. “Souha.” He crossed his arms to hide his upper body, praying for the table to hide the rest.

“I didn’t sleep, if that is what you want to ask, and yes, I saw you almost .” She chuckled before closing her eyes. “You can go and dress up.” She said with a smile and heard someone rushing. When she opened her eyes, Daehyun was back in the room, and she stood to cook something for breakfast.

“Why didn’t you sleep?” he asked her as he got in.

“What did your Him hyung say to you in the phone? You were pretty shocked.” She asked him back, focusing on the egg rolls. She noticed a presence by her side and noticed Daehyun looking at her cooking.

“The police are involved now.” She froze for a second.

“I am not surprised.” She said turning off the stoves. “Are your friends safe?” Daehyun nodded. “We should do something for you. The marines will come sooner than what you expect.”

“I’ll make you swim under the ship.”

“I can’t swim.” That was a lie but he wouldn’t know that, would he?

“Then what do you suggest?”

“Tell your friends to come over and stay in the ship, while you and I are going back to the city.” She said thinking deeply. “I have friends in the police department, trustworthy… I guess. I’ll try to get the help of one of them, and we will see for the rest later.”

“Right now?”

“Yes, now.” She went in and started seeking for her bags; she changed her clothes for new ones, used her new scarf, shoes, and poured the content of her hand bag into another one. When Daehyun saw her again, he felt surprised.

“I almost couldn’t recognize you.” He stated.

“That is the point.” She said smiling. “Aren’t they coming?”

“I just saw a boat coming.” They stood out, waiting for a boat to approach the ship and soon she could recognize Zelo, and Himchan’s faces.

“I hope that you have a good reason to trap us here.” Himchan said with a stern expression.

“I have a very good one indeed.” She said with a determined expression. “We are going to free Bang Yung Guk”