Love me

Blossom tears (꽃잎놀이)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Blossom Tears.

 

 

Part 1.

>You love me, you love me not
I pick the flower petals as I endlessly cry<

The light sounds of sketching filled the silent room. Papers pinned up on the walls next to the messy table.

Leo sat on his desk, head down, and back crouched, as he worked on the dress' design. The ideas kept pouring in. His pencil danced on the paper, creating thick and thin lines, curved and straight.

The corner of his lips curved up into a genuine smile.

Choonhee playfully glanced around their small house. She loved it ever since she shifted in to live with Leo. He was a designer and a very good one at that, but of course, that's not the reason why she's with him.

Even though he was bad at expressing himself in front of anyone, she knew he cared for her.

They knew each other through a mutual colleague friend. She always thought that Leo was an antisocial guy, and that he didn't like her, but she found out later that he actually cared.

She got up from the bed and walked around aimlessly. Leo was sketching and he brought up the paper to look at it. Choonhee smiled, seeing him enjoying himself so much.

Leo examined his sketch with keen eyes, just like a kid's. She could see the satisfaction in his eyes.

She skipped over to Leo's desk, taking the seat beside the table. Choonhee tilted her head and rested it on her arms.

“What's the genius designer drawing this time?” she teased.

“Something.” Leo smiled at her comment without tearing his eyes away from his work.

Choonhee's smiled as her eyes disappeared behind her eyelids. She got so used to his short replies that she could tell that he was excited over his drawing without him saying any more than that.

“Hey that's a nice dress.” Choonhee pointed at his drawing. She then chuckled. “Why do you always draw the dress and the model without the face?”

Leo just smiled and lifted the paper next to Choonhee. “Hm. Maybe I could draw you?” he said and placed it back down on the table to add in the face.

Choonhee watched his magic hands adding in the eyes, nose, lips and shading her cheeks and facial features. She reached out for the extra pencil in front of him.

“This part.” she said as Leo finished drawing her face. She the pencil lightly over the small details on the dress. “Adding this makes it better don't you think?”

Leo lifted up the paper again to see it, impressed that her simple could make the dress nicer.

“And... I'll take this!” she grinned and took the paper out of Leo's hands, standing up in the process.

“Ah!” Leo exclaimed softly as he stood up with her. That playful girlfriend of his.

Choonhee walked to the middle of the living hall while admiring the full sketch of her in the dress that Leo designed. Leo followed behind her.

He bent forward from behind her so that his face was next to hers.

“Don't you think I'm the best?” he asked her as they both looked at his sketch.

“No?” she joked as she shook her head.

“Why....” he bent forward to see the sketch again.

Before she could react, he took it out from her hand instead, moving the paper behind him. He smiled at her cheekily.

“Yah!” Choonhee laughed. She tried reaching for it but just before her hands touched the paper, Leo lifted it high above his head.

“That's not fair!!” she exclaimed and stretched her hands up to try to get it back from him.

Leo just continued teasing her and didn't let her near the paper. She giggled as they both ran around the hall in circles. Choonhee kept reaching out to it. Leo smirked and wanted to get back to the desk to place the paper down in case they ruin it. The sketch was too precious to get smeared at this point.

Choonhee didn't realize that and she continued their mini snatch-fight.

Out of the corner of Leo's eyes, he noticed the small details of her beautiful face.

The way her eyes curved into crescents when she smiled and the way the small crinkles formed at the side of her eyes and her smooth skin on her face.

He smiled to himself.

“Heyyyy come on let me have it once more?” Choonhee begged and reach out for the paper from behind him one last time.

>No don't come, don't make that face. Just pass me by.<

Something flashed by Leo's mind in a split second and he pushed her away in reflex.

Choonhee didn't see that coming. When Leo's strong hand swung, she lost her footing and fell to the floor.

Leo's face remained as stoic as it always was and he turned to his desk and sat down with an exasperated sigh. He felt like it was his fault and hers at the same time. If she hadn't been so clingy he wouldn't have pushed her away that harshly.

He let out a breath and let his eyes wander around.

Choonhee was fine but she didn't expect him to overreact that way, and even walked away right after that without saying anything. She picked herself up.

Running a hand through her hair swiftly, she walked to the bed and sat down again.

Leo turned his head and looked up at her after a while.

Choonhee wasn't smiling any more. She was staring at her lap while her hands were awk

Please log in to read the full chapter