Chapter 4

The Library

    Onew paced back and forth in his room, every once in a while he would stop at his desk and roughly jot something down in his diary. I should have noticed. He had heard the news only hours ago, but there were no visitors allowed. It was my fault. They had told him that Taemin was very sick, not having taken in any energy for several weeks. I wasn’t even worried. He slammed his pen down, his wings fluttering angrily.

. . .

 

Minho missed his friend’s presence. Taemin and Onew had stopped coming to the library, and he was lonely. He spent his days checking books in and out, and his nights shelving them. Classes were optional, so he rarely took them. You could only graduate after ten thousand hours of classes, but Minho was content with his job at the library. It gave him all the energy he needed. The library never closed, so his work was never finished.

The amount of energy Minho took in every day was massive, he didn’t even need to sleep, nor did he ever feel tired. After all, what better source of order - than a library?

Fairies didn’t think much of Minho. All they saw him as was a quirky librarian. When fairies powers are in use, they are undetectable. No one knew how much power Minho used daily to keep his library peaceful. His influence over people kept books from being damaged or stolen; kept arguments at bay; and even focused the minds of everyone who entered the library. He is truly impressive, and he misses his friends.

. . .

 

    Jonghyun and Key steered clear of the library for a while after the accident, but they soon realized that there was no better place. They had tried the garden, but the bugs were horrid and killing them brought on the wrath of every type of fairy that tended there. They had gone to the pond, but swimming fairies had a habit of splashing. They tried the dorms, but they were cramped and stuffy. They even tried to using an empty classroom, but a teacher fairy tappin on their wings was a good enough message to stay away from there.

    They thought a lot about the library, and the strange fairy who had fainted. They had seen the boy nearly every week, not saying anything. They felt as if they had been too self centered, and the library was only a reminder of that, but they really missed their spot by the books about types of dirt. After they realized that there was no better place, they quickly made their way to the library.

. . .

 

Taemin’s condition eventually stabilized and visitors were finally allowed. Onew took his time before going. He knew he should go, but he was ashamed of himself and he didn’t know if he could face him. He wasn’t used to that feeling.

Onew wasn’t fully sure he considered him a friend, but he did realized that Taemin was important to him, somehow. Eventually he decided it would only be right for him to visit Taemin. When he went into the room Taemin was staying in; he found him to be asleep.

    Taemin’s breathing was calm and even. Color had returned to his face, and he had gained some much needed weight. If it weren’t for his bandaged wings, you almost couldn’t tell he had ever been ill. This was the effect of energy fairies, they had been attending to Taemin every day since he had been admitted, but it would not last forever. The powers of energy fairies were only effective for a certain amount of time, if it was used constantly then the target fairies body would become immune. Taemin needed to take in energy soon, but he was too depressed to do so. Onew wanted to fix that.

Onew passed the time before Taemin woke up by writing in his diary. He couldn’t figure out what he was supposed to do; what he was supposed to say; how would Taemin react. He had yet to answer any of those questions. The only thing he knew to do when he didn’t know what to do, was write. So he did. Pen never left paper. Onew wrote down every one of his thoughts. He was never going to let himself be confused or unprepared again.

Taemin slept for a long time. Onew stretched his wings that had become stiff, reminding him of Taemin’s bandaged ones. He walked over to the side of Taemin’s bed and looked at him carefully. He had never seen Taemin’s face up so close, or so detailed. It was interesting to him, so he wrote about it. He reached out and ran his hand through Taemin’s hair. It was very soft and thick. Onew wrote about that too. He pulled his hand away just as Taemin’s eyes fluttered open.


Author's note:

Hi everyone

<3

I edited this haphazardly

so tell me if something is wierd

okay?

Comment please!!!

I'll love you if you do!

<3