Chapter 2

The Library

    Jonghyun and Key were sitting in their favorite corner of the newly built library. The old one had been stuffy and dim and, well, old. This one however was bright and modern and even had a cafe on the top floor. Key, as a beauty fairy, had even gotten to take part in some of the designs. Neither of them were interested in books, but since no one ever visited this section of the library (a nonfiction section with books solely about different types of dirt) it was the perfect place to have a makeout session in peace.

    Once a young fairy walked by looking sullen. They had asked him what was wrong, though they had really only noticed him because of the rareness of a fairy showing up in that area. He had only responded with a sigh and walked off mumbling something about how it was all his fault Onew’s favorite book was gone. They shrugged it off figuring if he didn’t want to talk about it then they shouldn’t make him.

    With their wings wrapped around each other so completely they had somehow managed to block out all of the light. They could have been doing anything under their wings, but they only kissed. They weren’t ready to go all the way yet, especially not in a library.

As a love fairy, once Jonghyun fell for someone, he fell completely. In his eyes there was nothing but Key, everything else was dim. He was with Key every day, and Key didn’t mind, because who wouldn’t want a love fairy fawning over them?

At first they had been just friends, they’d hung out once in a while but it was nothing serious, but once a love fairy falls in love there is no hiding it. They don’t timidly hide their feelings and wait for the perfect time to confess. They don’t quietly pull you aside and tell you how much they like you. The second a love fairy falls in love, everyone knows about it, because they are very very very loud.

Jonghyun and Key had been dating for over a year now, a long time seeing as both are still attending school. They had even learned how to fly while hold hands, an extremely difficult feat. They’ve become so wrapped up in each other that they’ve lost most, if not all of their old friends. Now they only have each other. Kissing in the dark, in the quietest corner of the library.

. . .

Minho is an order fairy. He not only keeps order he needs it. If things don’t go as planned any sense of calm is thrown out the window. Thankfully that day was was a peaceful one.

When the library burnt down, Minho had been left without anything to do. No schedule, no work, even school had been let out so that there could be more people to fix the library. Those days were some of the worst in Minho’s life, he was glad to be back working at the front desk again.

More people started coming to the library once it was rebuilt, which meant Minho had a lot more work to do, but he was fine with that. More work meant less free time, and he hated free time. Every morning he would wake up go to school and then come to work. Once work was over it would be time to go to sleep. It was the perfect life.

Fairies rarely talked to Minho, everyone knew the nature of order fairies, so they stayed away.There were only two people who talked to Minho. Since they came to the library everyday, they would check out books everyday too. Checking out a book meant talking to Minho. They would come up to him with a few books and say ‘Hi, I’d like to check these out’ so he would. He considered those people his friends.

One of his friends was particularly sad that day, he noticed. He was roaming the floors reading the titles of all the books. Minho wanted to ask if he wanted help, but his job was to stay at the desk. He couldn’t leave it, so he just watched. His other friend didn’t come that day.


Author's note:

Hmm, I wonder if this story is interesting enough.

I really just writing it because it calms me down.

I'm doing my best to write it without an dialogue because there is a specific atmosphere I'm trying to make.

Tell me what you think by commentng please!

Comments are very important to me and I will love you if you comment!