Part 1

Save Me

Soojung's pov

Minho Choi's birthday is today.

I clicked on his name and wrote a meaningless "Happy Birthday" on his wall.

I closed my laptop and swirled around in my chair, lost in my own thoughts.

We used to hang out a lot. Not just the two of us. But with the rest of our whole group.

Our group included Minho, Myungsoo, and many others.

We all knew each other in elementary school, and when middle school started, we naturally stuck together and hung out frequently.

Sometimes it would just be the girls in the group and the boys in the group hanging out seperately.

Other times it would be our whole group.

We stuck together throughout middle school and entered highschool.

We were determined to keep our group together even in highschool.

That was until we found out how Minho was such a player.

He had countless flings with girls from all over the area.

We didn't know this until Myungsoo saw Minho touching a girl intimately, and making out with a different girl the day right after.

Flashback

"I don't think we should hang out with Minho-hyung anymore"

We were all at my house watching tv together, when Myungsoo brought it up.

Minho wasn't there because he told us he had to run an errand.

"What do you mean?" someone asked.

"I had this bad feeling about him from the start. I saw him touching this girl at a cafe one day and I thought maybe hyung got a girlfriend and just didn't tell us. But I saw him the day right after, at the same exact place, making out with a different girl. But when they finished their business and stood up to leave, I heard Minho-hyung say this. 'It was nice meeting you today Yuri-ssi.' Who makes out with someone like that on their first meeting?"

We were all silent, taking in what Myungsoo said.

"I mean, Minho does watch ." Jonghyun said, "he started since 6th grade and tried to get me into it but i refused"

"He is more touchy than the rest of you guys," Jinri added, "I remember one time I was hugging everyone goodbye and when I hugged Minho he hugged me a lot tighter than even the girls and when he let go of the hug, his hand grazed my but he didn't act like it happened. I wouldn't have minded just laughing it off if it was an accident. But I saw him hugging Vic-unni a different time and I swear he did the exact same thing."

We were silent for a couple minutes, thinking.

"I don't think I or my family would be comfortable being with someone like that" I said after a while.

Everyone slowly nodded.

"He did seem like a nice guy, but he never really talked about anything besides hot bodies when it was just the guys," Onew recalled.

After that day, we started to hang out without Minho, and he slowly got the hintand found a different group of friends.

 

Our group still remained solid throughout our years of highschool. And here we are, our highschool career officially over.

I sighed and stretched my limbs.

I heard my phone beep, showing that I got a new text message.

The text message from my boyfriend Jongin.

He asked me to that year's homecoming as friends and I guess we started dating since then.

I knew Jongin had dated many girls before, but I believed I was different, and that I wouldn't last just the school year. He went far enough to buy us actual couple rings; Which was something he hadn't done with his past girlfriends.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"We are right now :)"

"This isn't going to sound good. I don't know how else to put it"

"You're making me all nervous now Jongin-ah haha"

"Soojung.....I mean...I don't think..I like you as much as you do"

My fingers froze. That hit me hard.

This whole time it was just me.

"Soojung I don't want to keep dragging you into this. My relationships haven't lasted very long and the same goes to ours. I just don't like you like how I did during the school year. I'm truly sorry. I sincerely hope you find someone who will love you more than you love them. I'll back out of our hangouts for a while and when time passes, I'll come back. They'll know what happened between us by then. Soojung you were an amazing girlfriend. But you don't deserve to be with someone like me who doesn't like you anymore. It was great being your boyfriend."

I didn't reply to that message.

I knew he would know that I saw it, but I didn't bother.

I needed time for myself to recover.

It would take time indeed, but after a while I knew things would be okay and we would still be friends because we had known each other for so long.

 

I booked a flight to Korea a couple weeks after we graduated, and a week after I became single.

I needed to clear my mind out and visiting my home country was the best option.

After spending two weeks there by myself, I finally was able to let go of the pain from our break up.

On my last day at Korea, I called Jongin.

He picked up in a voice that sounded like he just woke up.

I smiled. "Thank you."

I knew he smiled.

"You're welcome princess."

We both knew from then, that we both moved on.

 

 

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now the story is all over the place

but I thought thatIt was just really long

and decided to put it into two parts.

Theres not really any Myungstal in this

part haha but please stay tuned.