The One with the Ruined Tutoring Lesson

Cinderella
Episode 7

 

 

“My new student? You’re the kid that I have to tutor?”

 

“The one and only~”

 

She lets out a low curse and quickly starts packing her stuff, too much in a hurry to place them back in her bag. Holding onto her books by her chest, she started making her way out when Yongguk purposely blocked her way, a frown appearing across his face. “You can’t leave, you have to help me with chemistry!”

 

“I’ll ask Mr. Kwon to give you someone else.”

 

“No. I want you.”

 

She stopped breathing for a moment, feeling her body tremble at the sudden husky and pleading tone in his voice. She slowly lifted her eyes up and gulped down when she locked eyes with him, noticing some kind of sadness and mostly worry in his orbs. She could feel the pace of her beating heart accelerate by the second letting the flustered feeling get to her as she shook herself back into reality.

 

“Go take a seat.”

 

Following her order, he sat down at their desk with Jieun following him behind until she sat down next to him. “Do you have the test with you?”

 

“Yea.”

 

“May I see it?”

 

“S-sure.” Right now, he was witnessing a different girl, a complete opposite of her warmer and gentle side he grew fond of. Instead, he was met with someone who was colder and strict, making him shudder just by the stern and annoyed glare she would give him.

 

He handed her the paper and watched her examine the failed test as she used her pen to quickly skim over each questions while writing down some notes next to her. She let out a sigh and turned her head to him while running her fingers through her hair. “Your main difficulty is that you don’t know your stuff. Do you even study? I mean, you at chemistry.”

 

“Hey, you don’t need to be mean. I know I’m not doing well, you don’t need to push it.”

 

“Whatever.” She placed in front of him the paper where she took the notes from the test and told him where to start. “From the questions, this is what you’ll need to focus on at the moment. I wrote down the chapters you’ll need to go through as well as the practice tests at the end of the book. I want them done by Friday.”

 

As he took a moment to look at what she had written down, Jieun took this chance to get up from her seat while packing up her stuff until the boy turned his head to look at her and stop her. “What are you doing? We still have an hour-”

 

“I gave you homework, you don’t need me.”

 

“I do.” He grabbed hold of her hand as she had reached out for her book. Standing still, she stared at the hold before turning to gaze at him, feeling her heart palpitate against her chest. “Let go of me.”

 

Ignoring her words, he pulled her towards him until she was standing close while he was still sitting down. As the chair was high enough, she had to lift her head up to look at him, leaving her to swallow whatever saliva she had left in her dry mouth the moment she locked eyes with him.

 

He was about to speak up when something caught his attention on her table. Squinting his eyes, he quickly reached out for it and held in his hand a pamphlet that got his eyes to look up at Jieun in utter shock. She roughly grasped the paper away from him and took this chance to back away, rushing her next steps to get out of the classroom.

 

“You’re pregnant?”

 

She stopped moving, her back facing him. Clutching tightly onto the straps of her backpack, she shut her eyes close and breathed in to calm herself down. “N-no… I got my period so you’re safe.”

 

“Then why are you running away?”

 

“Because I’ve had enough of you.”

 

“What is that suppose to mean?!”

 

“It means that I am done being your toy! You can move on to the next girl on your ‘to do’ list and leave me alone.”

 

He jumped out of his chair and ran up to her as he caught her by her arm, making her stop once again. He turned her around as she was about to protest but he quickly shut her off with his lips against her own, leaving her still, body and mind.

 

Gently cupping her cheeks, he pulled her closer as he deepened the kiss, giving it his all.

 

In need of air, she pushed him away with her chest heaving up and down while glaring at him. “What the heck was that for?!”

 

“To show you that you’re not just a name on a stupid list you made up-”

 

“And you want me to believe you after everything?! I should’ve known that things were too good to be true. The flirting, the texting and now the party! All of this just so you could tell everybody that you got the innocent girl.”

 

She backed herself further away from him as she hastily wiped the tears that had appeared down her cheeks and breathed out with a desperate sigh. “I didn’t mind the teasing, the flirting and let alone, the kissing was… wow, but you’ve pushed it too far and I hate myself because I’ve wasted my first time on you!

 

“You were my first time too Jieun. I’ve never been with anyone else.”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“It’s true!”

 

“You’re telling me with all those cheerleaders and those other s you’ve been dating and not once did you sleep with any of them? Not even Bong Cha?”

 

“I swear. We fooled around for a bit but I never went that far.”

 

“Then why with me?!”

 

“I-I don’t know… I guess I just got caught up in the m-moment…”

 

“And because of that I could’ve ended up being pregnant, you know that right? Stupid carelessness on your part-”

 

“How is this only my fault?! You were there too!”

 

“Because everything is your fault! You popped out of nowhere and ruined everything for me! I got so sick and so stressed out about you, I wasn’t even strong enough to come to school last week. I’m done with you, I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore.”

 

“You don’t think that I was hurt? You ran out on me as if we had just committed a crime!”

 

“Because what we did was wrong!”

 

“Why is it wrong? Explain to me why what we did was wrong?” She tried to answer back but she didn’t know what to say. She knew that it was wrong but she never questioned herself as to why exactly it was. She kept trying to form an answer inside her head but nothing logical was coming out. “I-It was just wrong, okay? We shouldn’t have gone that far. We don’t even know each other.”

 

“Then let’s do it! Let’s get to know each other.” She was shaking her head in denial at his proposal making him sigh and stepped closer to her, his hands resting on her shoulders. “Jieun… You really hurt my feelings when you ran the way you did and to tell you the truth, I actually had a great time at the party with you. It was the most fun I had in a while and I was sincere about how we ended that night… I wasn’t playing with you at all. Yes, its unfortunate that it happened this way but it did and I don’t regret it.”

 

“What do you want me to say Yongguk? Because I do regret it. I did have fun with you too but it got way out of hand and I regret it.”

 

She gave him an apologetic look before turning her back and walking away. She was about to open the door when she halted in her steps after he called her out.

 

“Can we start over?”

 

“We can, but I don’t want to... Goodbye Yongguk.”