The One with the Prank

Cinderella
Episode 13

 

 

The play practice went by smoothly – thank God – with perfect discipline from the actors and perfect organization from the director.

 

Now that things were back on track, the stress level had dialed down by a lot, thanks to their… ‘savior’.

 

Yes, you guessed it all, now moving on to the next scene!

 

By now, they were done and Yongguk was bringing Jieun back to her place, her bike resting in the back seat.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” With his eyes fixated on the road, it didn’t stop his mind swirling in confusion at a few things that left him perplexed about Jieun’s personal life. “What’s up?”

 

“Why is it that you and Bong Cha don’t get along?”

 

“I don’t really know… It’s always been like this since the day we met actually. The only good one in their family is her little sister. I mean even my stepmother is… something.”

 

“I guess it’s a good thing that its our senior year then, right?”

 

“Mhmm, I can’t wait to get the hell out and get my own place with the girls… How about you?”

 

“I haven’t thought much about it. I mean, now that I lost the scholarship, things are changing so yea… I gotta fix that.”

 

“You’ll figure it out, we still have time.”

 


 

Yet another day to school, things were moving smoothly until it was time for lunch.

 

With Yongguk hanging out with his friends at the cafeteria, Jieun was hanging out with her own girlfriends – finally having time for themselves! Thank God!

 

But yeah, that would’ve been one of those moments when she was hoping to have him next to her. You know… for that ‘threat’ of yesterday?

 

Anyways~ back to what’s happening at the moment, each of the girls were at their lockers when things turned upside down and into complete humiliation for Jieun.

 

Two words.

 

Slime glue.

 

Still lost? Okay, one extra word.

 

Locker. 

 

See where I’m going with this because whatever you are thinking is exactly what happened – well hopefully, I don’t control whatever goes on inside your mind ladies~

 

The moment Jieun opened up her locker, she was hit with an explosion of green slime glue, splashing her from head to toe. She jumped with a slight scream at the sudden outpour and stood motionless in her spot while the students that were occupying the hallway stopped in their tracks, staring at the victim.

 

Total silence was taking over with shock painted across each person present until Jieun’s heavy breathing was catching up, her chest heaving up and down as she tried to catch some air into her lungs.

 

“I told you to watch your back, didn’t I~”

 

Turning her head to the side, she spotted the step sister, posing smugly with her arms crossed over her chest while smirking to Jieun. “You !” She was about to reach for Bong Cha, ready to break her nose again, when she got held back by her friends as they ran towards the mess.

 

“Was it necessary to fill my locker with freaking slime?!”

 

“Well, you are a slime, aren’t you? Sleeping with other people’s boyfriends and such~ You know, like at a party or something like that.”

 

Gasps could be heard from one corner of the hallway to the other as slow chatters were taking place. Jieun looked back at the cheerleader with her eyes wide open, her hands turning into fists as her nails were clawing against her palms, her breathing getting heavier by the second. She struggled to escape from the hold of her friends but finally gave up because of the strength.

 

She was about to speak up when she saw Hana walking up to Bong Cha, mimicking her pose and from there a sudden bone cracking sound was heard, leaving again everyone to gasp loudly at the sight of the cheerleader with her hands covering her bleeding nose.

 

“You mess with Jieun, you mess with all of us. You better be the one watching your back. Clear?” Turning her back from the whining girl, the group walked out of the scene towards the girl’s locker room of the gym, giving the chance for Jieun to clean herself up completely.

 

In the meantime, Yongguk had come out of the cafeteria with a few of his friends when he started to notice the stares and murmurs of some of the students as he walked down the hallway. He frowned at the sight and quickly looked down at himself to see if something was wrong. Looking clean, he simply shrugged his shoulders and walked up to his locker when he got interrupted by hearing the name of Jieun and his pronounced in the same sentence… concerning the infamous birthday bash of a few weeks ago.

 

Eavesdropping on the conversation, his eyes widened at the mention of the prank he missed out on just a few moments ago. Standing by his locker as he pretended to fix his bag for the afternoon classes, he waited until the hallway was getting empty and from there, he ran towards the gym, hoping that she would be there if she needed to clean herself from the slimy substance.

 

He was standing in front of the door to the girls changing room and softly knocked on the wood as he gently called out Jieun’s name. He waited a few more seconds before knocking on it again; within the next second, one of the girls opened the door, wide enough to let their head slip through the open crack. “Is it okay if I come in? I wanna see Jieun…”

 

“H-hmm, I guess, yea…”

 

Stepping inside, he heard the water running from the shower on the other side and looked around to see something green covering the clothes that were laying on the bench. “What happened earlier? I heard some bits and pieces but-”

 

“Your ex-girlfriend did this.” The spite in Hana’s voice made Yongguk slightly cringe as he cut eye contact with the girl, his gaze falling back onto Jieun’s clothes. “Apparently, she found out about your night with Jieun and now the whole school think she’s a that slept with somebody’s boyfriend.”

 

“Bong Cha isn’t my girlfriend! I broke up with her!”

 

“Go and tell her that you idiot! Jieun was humiliated because of you!”

 

“And I’m sorry for that!”

 

“You’re lucky you’re sincere about your feelings for Jieun because if all of this was just some kind of sick prank, your nose isn’t the thing I’ll break.” The threatening tone in Hana’s voice made the boy step back against the door as he gulped down his saliva down his dry throat. She backed away and went to pick up her stuff along with the stained clothes before walking towards Yongguk. He jumped out of her way seeing that she was reaching for the door and had Hyosung and Sunhwa follow their friend, leaving the boy to breathe out in relief.

 

Taking a seat on the bench, he waited for Jieun to finish up and aimlessly started to look around him, realizing that it was his first time inside the girl’s locker room – but too dumb to realize that he was in the girl’s locker room… with the water running because someone was taking a shower… – He placed his backpack next to him and took out a notepad with a pencil and started to write some random sentences as they started popping out inside of his head, making him soon lose focus on reality.

 

“Guk?”

 

Turning his head, he spotted Jieun standing a few feet away from him, wrapped in a single towel that barely covered her wet body, freshly cleaned from the hot shower she had just taken. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I-I wanted to make sure that you were okay after what happened…”

 

“Oh, yea… I guess.”

 

Intently staring at her, he couldn’t break the eye contact he had with her body. Heat rapidly crept up his skin, his heart was pounding against his chest, his lips moistened by his tongue, he watched Jieun as she walked over to him until she was standing in front of him, the corner of her bottom lip stuck between her teeth.

 

Locking eyes with her, he could feel the warmth traveling through his bloodstream, leaving him to feel by his sight.

 

He slowly got up from his seat without breaking away from looking at her eyes. Standing tall, she had her head lifting up at him with a glint in her eyes that sent a spark down his spine; the same one that he felt on their intimate night together. “What are you thinking about?”

 

Soft and small, her voice created a ripple of goose bumps traveling up and down on him, leaving his breath heavy from the sudden closeness on her part. The more he looked at her, the less rational he was becoming; his mind was totally scrambled as he glanced at the droplets of water falling down from her brown hair down her shoulders to her faint cleavage, half covered by the towel.

 

He his lips and approached her even more, closing in the small distance that was left until she was starting to back away, where she was resting against the lockers behind her.

 

With his palms placed against the metal doors right by the sides of her head, he began to lean closer to her lips, letting the tip of his nose lightly brush against hers before feeling her choppy breath collide with his.

 

But obviously, it was too good to be true.

 

He popped back into reality, right back where he was as he was still sitting on the bench, his eyes down his lap to realize that he was only holding onto his pencil with his notepad suddenly gone.

 

Lightly lifting his head up, he spotted a towel in front of him and as he kept his eyes going up, he noticed Jieun standing in front of him while she was reading his written words. Instead of grasping back his notebook, he stared at her; his mouth slightly parted with his eyes widening a little bit more while staring at a fresh Jieun that had just come out of the shower.

 

Noticing that she was being stared at, she waved the notepad in front of Yongguk with a smile on her face. “I didn’t know you could write lyrics; they’re pretty neat~” She handed him back his notepad and walked past him as she made her way to her locker, picking up her gym clothes to wear.

 

“Jieun?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m sorry for what happened.”

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.”

 

“You’re not mad?”

 

“Of course I am but I can’t really do anything about it, especially since her mother is the principal of the school.”

 

“Oh yea… I forgot about that…”

 

She let out a chuckle as she picked her clothes before walking back from where she came from leaving the boy to look at her leave, his mouth ajar from simply staring at the half girl.

 

It took her a few minutes to change since she took half the time to calm herself down since she realized that the boy had seen her in nothing but a towel.

 

Personally, I don’t see what’s the problem since he saw her , but then again, does it really count?

 

As she had come out of the shower to find him, so many imaginary scenarios were running wild inside her head, which had all the same hot ending that would result to her losing her towel and finding herself back under the shower with a Yongguk strongly pressed against her. Re-thinking about it again just sent a wave of contrasting feelings up and down her spine; shaking her head back to the present, she breathed out to calm her heated hormones and started to dress up before joining the quarterback who was patiently waiting for her.

 

Once she was done and walking back towards him, he jumped out of his seat and shoved his notebook straight inside his bag, leaving his bursting gesture to make her giggle.

 

“Guk… Can we spend the rest of the day together? After what happened, I don’t feel like going back to class…”

 

“H-hmm, y-ea! Sure! O-of course!” He flashed his gummy smile at her, feeling his heart flutter at the fact that she was willing to skip class just so she could stay with him. His stutter left her to smile back as she walked towards the entrance of the changing room. The moment she grasped onto the knob, he held her by her arm, making her look up at him.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? Not just for the slime thing but… you know that rumors are out about… u-us.”

 

“What about us?”

 

“J-Jieun-”

 

“Look Yongguk… Let them talk, let them think whatever they want. We both know what happened that night. How did she find out? I don’t know and I don’t care. It happened… We just need to move on from this.”

 

“I am but are you? I’m worried about you…”

 

“I wouldn’t worry too much. I got something she hasn’t.”

 

“And what’s that?”

 

“You.”