untitled #3 (markgyeom au)

spring, spring, spring

markgyeom fairy/demon au 

in which yugyeom is a fairy, mark is a demon, and he's killing all of Yugyeom's flowers.

 

 

 

The earth is hot beneath Yugyeom's feet, the flower crown atop his silver hair beginning to wilt. He frowns, makes an expression that just looks plain odd on a fairy, and he crosses his arms over his chest like a child. This is his forest and no demon is going to taint it.

 

"What are you doing here?" Yugyeom's voice is impatient, angry even, and Mark just offers him a sly grin in response. He's looking around, like he hasn't been here before, and the flowers and grass around him droop sadly. "You're killing everything around you. Please leave."

 

This part of the forest is Yugyeom's (every section of the forest is cared for by a fairy) and a certain demon likes to visit constantly. But things from hell mean death and his forest suffers every time. Mark looks at him and Yugyeom can see his fangs slide out as his grin widens. His black wings, fifteen feet across, flutter gently as he speaks, "You wound me, Gyeom."

 

"You're wounding my forest. Please leave," he's starting to sound as angry as he should be (which he hopes masks how his heart is starting to pound like a hormonal human teenager in love) but as a fairy and him just being Yugyeom, his voice is still soft spoken and far away from intimidating.

 

Mark strides towards him, leaving a path of wilting flowers behind, and Yugyeom sticks to his spot, confident. He enters his personal space quickly and Yugyeom ignores the way his heart pounds erratically. "But I wanted to visit you so badly," his voice is deep, velvety, enticing.

 

Yugyeom breathes in sharply. Mark is too close, not close enough, and Yugyeom finds himself trembling in some sort of anticipation. This is wrong, always has been but there are technically no solid rules against it and when have they ever obeyed any unspoken rules anyways?

 

"I've missed you. Haven't you missed me, too?"

 

Yugyeom doesn't answer -- he has and for some reason he won't give Mark the satisfaction, maybe it's pride -- but the way his cheeks redden is enough of a reply for Mark, enough of an invitation, because he's leaning forward and cupping Yugyeom's cheek. His eyes flutter closed and he feels Mark's fiery breath against his lips, his smirk.

 

Mark kisses him like he's drowning, relentless, mouth as hot as the place he came from, and Yugyeom lifts his hands, resting them on his shoulders so he doesn't collapse. He's always been so weak to Mark, a demon, but he doesn't even care right now. He doesn't have the capacity to care, not when Mark is holding him so close, not with the way Mark's wings fold around them like a shelter, a haven. It's weird what Mark does to him when he's around; he draws him in so easily, effortlessly, and despite how Yugyeom tries to resist he fails miserably every time and every time he finds himself melting into Mark's arms, into his wings. He's crazy for Mark and it's evident in the way he presses closer, lets Mark tear him apart with his mouth, his words.

 

But Mark is also crazy for Yugyeom and though he's sly and just demonic, Yugyeom can see it when Mark, who is a predator, a knife sharpened to a deadly edge, softens those edges for Yugyeom. He cradles Yugyeom with the tenderness Yugyeom uses to cup a baby bird or to care for his forest.

 

Mark pulls away to pepper ardent kisses along his jaw, whispering sweet nothings into feverish skin. Yugyeom feels hot puffs of air against the juncture between his shoulder and neck and he realizes that Mark is laughing ever so slightly. "What?" Yugyeom is breathless, weak.

 

"Let me stay awhile?" Mark breathes and Yugyeom feels any previous resistance crumble. This is always how it happens -- Mark invades him with that voice and affectionate touches, destroys every one of Yugyeom's soft walls, and he lets him in so easily. So easily.


Yugyeom ends up breaking, grabbing Mark's face in his soft hands and pulling him close, kissing him with fervor. He lets rough fingers tangle through argent hair and thinks that demons aren't as bad as everyone thinks and maybe he will let Mark stay awhile. Just a little while.