untitled #1 (markjin)

spring, spring, spring

markjin fluff | wc: 1271

 

 

 

Mark hates when Jinyoung is angry at him. Or maybe he doesn’t hate it but he wants to know what he did wrong and why is Jinyoung being cold to him.

 

It’s not in his favour when he finds himself standing next to Jinyoung as they’re filming I Got7, preparing to play a game Mark has never been a fan of. It’s the last episode and he doesn’t really have a choice but standing beside Jinyoung is making this very difficult. They fight here and there and someone is always being ignored but this time it’s infuriating Mark because he doesn’t know what he did and he just wants to hear Jinyoung speak to him again.

 

Mark glances at Jinyoung every few seconds and he feels increasingly tense as the transparent paper is passed from member to member. Once it gets to Jinyoung he turns to Mark and grabs him forcefully, pulling him close. Mark panics and he tries to push away but Jinyoung is stronger than he looks and Mark swallows when they’re only centimeters apart. The paper ends up falling and Mark pulls away quickly, faking disappointment.

 

He looks to Bambam for help, any assistance he can offer Mark at this point, and Bambam leans over and mutters something to Yugyeom. Bambam can tell they’re fighting, every member can, and Mark reads Bambam’s mind. When the members at the front of the line have trouble, Mark is quick to suggest an order change. He, along with Bambam and Yugyeom, hurry to the front while the others shuffle back and Mark doesn’t catch the way Jinyoung’s eyes follow him.

 

He has a silent agreement with Bambam and by extension, Yugyeom, to do something stupid and petty and make Jinyoung jealous. Mark is desperate right now, he needs Jinyoung to speak to him again, and the rational part of him realizes this could potentially make things worse, but the pissed off part of him makes more sense right now. Playing dirty it is.

 

Bambam fails him, laughing away the paper, and Mark pulls Yugyeom forward, switching their places. He picks up the paper and sticks it to his lips, leaning in and pressing his mouth to Yugyeom’s. Yugyeom takes a moment to get the paper on his own lips and once he does Mark glances at Jinyoung. He looks unreadable and Mark thinks that maybe this wasn’t the best choice. Too late now.

 

He picks up another piece of transparent paper and transfers it to Yugyeom easily, pulling away to watch the way Jinyoung steps towards Jackson like he would towards Mark and Mark thinks about the way he’d let Jinyoung wrap his arms around him and the way he’d melt into Jinyoung. And then he thinks about the way Jinyoung would trail butterfly kisses up his neck and along his jaw until he’d finally kiss Mark like he was trying to take every last breath from his lungs. Mark blushes and then he realizes the tables have turned. Now he’s the jealous one.

 

They don’t finish the game and Mark breathes out heavily in relief. He doesn’t think he could handle anymore of this. They call for a break, something Mark needs desperately, and he falls to the grass, tired. “I’m sorry,” Bambam offers but Mark doesn’t really want his apology. He’s messed up – Jinyoung looks even more upset than before – and Jinyoung is walking away, presumably to take shelter under a tree far out of view from everyone. Mark follows with his eyes, pulling out the grass under him absentmindedly.

 

“Maybe you should just go talk to him? Like how normal human beings make up,” Yugyeom suggests, looking pointedly at the pile of grass Mark has successfully pulled from the poor ground.

 

Mark looks at Yugyeom and then the direction Jinyoung had left. Yugyeom is right, he should talk to Jinyoung. He should tell Jinyoung he’s sorry, he doesn’t want him to be mad, and he can’t handle this. He can’t handle the way Jinyoung and Jackson had been so close because it should be him. And it could be, if he wasn’t so awful at this relationship thing.

 

He’s about to get up, a few minutes have passed, but then filming is starting again and Mark has lost his chance. Yugyeom looks at Mark, shakes his head, and hops back over to their positions. Jinyoung returns, looking upset still, but Mark watches how he puts on a mask for the cameras, sharpens his edges for the viewers. Mark tries not to observe Jinyoung so much (they’re filming and he can’t afford to do badly) but when they get to the segment in which they call out on the other members, Mark decides he’s done with this. The members and staff are laughing at how the younger members address the older members informally, point out what they don’t like about them. But Mark’s mind is somewhere else.

 

It’s Mark’s turn, he sits up on the railing, and he wonders if this will work. His last idea was absolutely useless but this idea is so simple and so sincere that he doubts it won’t work. So he goes for it.

 

“Jinyoung,” he starts. Jinyoung looks at him like he’s surprised, like he genuinely didn’t see this coming. How could he not? Mark continues because he needs to get this done before he can back out of it. “I love you.”

 

Mark doesn’t say I love you a lot. Mark doesn’t say much of anything, really. He’s quiet, lets Jinyoung do most of the talking, and it dawns on him that maybe this is why Jinyoung is angry. Because Jinyoung had said I love you and Mark didn’t say it back. Mark blushes – how could he have not known? Actions speak louder than words but sometimes words are needed. Sometimes Jinyoung needs confirmation through Mark’s mouth, not just through the way Mark holds him and traces his curves with his eyes, his fingers. Jinyoung knows Mark doesn’t like to talk, and he knows Mark is easily embarrassed, but Mark should be able to do things for Jinyoung like how Jinyoung does everything for Mark. Now he feels terrible.

 

Something in Jinyoung’s face changes so Mark finds himself jumping down and spreading his arms wide. Jinyoung runs to him and jumps into his arms. Mark catches him, holding him close, and he has to fight away the tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. This time Jinyoung doesn’t need to say it back because it’s etched into his every being, etched into the curl of his body as he clutches onto Mark. It’s loud with the way Jinyoung presses his lips to his neck, burns the words into his skin.

 

When Mark can hold him up no longer, Jinyoung jumps down and Mark breathes like he’s been pulled out of water.

 

//

 

After filming ends, Jinyoung pushes Mark up against the bathroom door back in their dorm, kisses him like he’s trying to rip Mark apart by the seams. Mark lets him, he’s just as desperate, and he grips Jinyoung’s hips firmly. They become a tangled mess of breath and lip biting and clashing teeth and hands in less than minutes but Mark doesn’t care – he just wants more. So he takes and Jinyoung gives and somewhere in between heavy kisses and lingering touches, Mark tells Jinyoung he’s sorry and that he loves him more than he’s really loved anyone in his life.

 

Jinyoung smiles, pulls him forward, and tells him he loves him too but maybe they shouldn’t try to make each other jealous because that .