It's All Done

Betrayal

(A year later)

I’m walking down-street to catch some fresh air. I need to clear my mind after I broke up with the girl that I love the most. I regret it that I let her hand go. It was my entire fault. I was so blind by a ‘fake’ beauty which came near me that night. After she dumped me, I believe I got my lesson. I let someone I love go just for a that run after money. Yes, she married her boss who promised her that she can be his mistress and become a ‘queen’ in his house.

 

Since then, I’m always thinking about my past love. Where is she? What is she doing now? Is she okay? Whenever I go back to our old apartment, those sweet memories of her visit me and make my heart scatter into pieces. I broke her heart. Stupid! I just wish that someday she would come back and I can apologize to her and start all over again. But none. She isn’t coming back.

 

I’m looking into the street. There are so many people. Can she possibly be there among them? Can’t we just bump into each other? My wish. I walk without any direction and stop at a music station. I go in just to hear some catchy music, in hope it can heal my wounds. I close my eyes when I use one of the headphones there. It’s such a nice music. I turn my body to lean on the wall and open my eyes. I catch someone. Not possible! My eyes rounded in shock. Just… I release the headphone from my head and make a step, approaching someone that I know. I just wish this is not my hallucination.

 

“Yoomi?” – She turns her head to me. YES SHE IS! Oh my Lord! “Yoomi”

“Minsoo?” – That voice! I miss that voice that calling out my name!

“Hey, how are you? It’s been a long time! How is the others? Niel? Jonghyun? Byunghun? Oh, I miss them so much!” – You don’t miss me?!

“They’re good as usual and I, I’m not su—“ – Her phone rings.

“Sorry, a moment”

 

When she picks up her phone, I mumble, “I miss you so much, Yoomi”. She looks at me while talking on the phone. I think she heard it. I smile at her. She smile a bit then back to facing the other way.

 

“Sorry. It was my office. So, how’s everything?”

“Not much changed. Just like the usual”

“Really?! Hmm…”

“Yoomi?”

“Yes?”

“Mind if I invite you to have a drink with me now?”

“Uhh… Wait a minute. Let me call my office that I’ll be late for today”

“Thank you”

 

We sit in the café we used to go when we had a date before. She is smiling lovely at the waiter as nothing have happened here. She ordered the drinks. When the drinks came, I’m surprised that she still remembers what I like the most from this café.

 

“So, what is it?” – She asked me.

“Uhh… Actually nothing. I just want to spend some times with you since it’s been a year we didn’t see each other”

“Ah, right! Hey, how’s your work?! Everything’s okay?” – She takes a sip and then I see something lingered on her finger. A ring. It feels like something is stabbing my heart. It hurts.

“Yeah. Everything’s okay. How about you? How’s your new job?” – My voice sounds tremble.

“I love my new job! My fiancée got it for me” – She looks down and smiles while playing with her ring.

(FIANCEE?! YOU’VE ENGAGED TO SOMEONE ELSE?!)

“Fiancée?! Wow. Congratulations!”

(NO! I’M NOT OKAY! DON’T SAY THAT, IDIOT!)

“Thank you! And you?! How’s everything with… ehm… your girlfriend?”

(NOT WITH THAT SAD FACE!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU STILL LOVE ME!! PLEASE!!)

“Ahh… Hahaha… We broke up. She married someone else”

“I know. I got the invitation as well. So you mean, you don’t have girlfriend after her?”

“No. (I’m waiting for you. I want you)

Suddenly, her phone rings again. She answers it and it seems that she will leave me. I close my eyes, ready to hear that she will be gone.

 

“Minsoo, I’m sorry. I think I have to go now. The office needs me. There’s trouble there”

“Oh, okay. See you! Be careful”

“Thank you” – She gets up and walks out the café.

 

I see her walking passing the café through the window. No. I don’t want this. I don’t want to let her go like that night. I run after her. I pull her into my embrace and hug her tight.

 

“Minsoo!” – She tries to go from my embrace. She used to like it!

“Just stay like this for a moment! Please!” – She stops moving.

“Yoomi. I miss you so much” – I cry.

“I regret it. I regret it that I let you go that night. I’m so stupid”

“Minsoo”

“I’m a fool that believed in someone I just met. I was blind by her. I regret it so much!”

“Minsoo, ple—“ – I release her from my embrace.

“I’ve been waiting for you to comeback to our apartment. I’ve been waiting for you to say that I’m sorry. I’ve been waiting for this year just to say that I love you so much. My life without you is nothing. This fool just realized that after he was dumped by that witch. I’m so sorry, Yoomi”

 

She looks into my eyes – deep into my eyes just like the old times. She sheds tears after hearing what I just said.

 

“Thank you. I’ve been waiting too to hear that words. Sorry. Finally you said that. I forgive you” – She touches my face and wipes my tears away.

“Really?! You forgive me?! But… You still won’t comeback to me”

“I know. That’s why, I also want to say, I’m sorry I can’t accept your feelings again. I’m getting married next week”

(NEXT WEEK?! THAT FAST?!)

“Oh…”

“I’m sorry. Now I have to go. Goodbye, Minsoo. I hope you could attend my wedding. I’ll send the invitation to your office. Bye”

 

Then, she goes, leaving me alone in the street. I try to reach out her hand. I can’t. The sky becomes dark. It knows my heart so well that rain started to pour. I let out my tears. I won’t get her back. Forever.

 

(4 days later)

“Eh?! There’s a wedding invitation! Look!” – Niel says to the others.

“Wow. Who is getting married?! Maybe hyung’s friend??” – Jonghyun grows curious.

“Why don’t we take a look?! Minsoo hyung is showering, right?!” – Chanhee suggests.

“Right!”

 

They pick up the envelope and open it. Their eyes become rounded as they read the name. They look each other, don’t know what to say. No one open his mouth. At that time, Minsoo comes out from the bathroom. He looks at them.

 

“Ya! Why all of you are freezing like that?!” – He asks.

“N- Nothing, hyung! Nothing!” – Changhyun answers.

“Hyung, what is this?” – Byunghun, the brave one asks Minsoo while holding the invitation. The others gasp at his question.

“Can’t you see it?! It’s a wedding invitation!” – Minsoo walks to the kitchen.

“I know. It is a wedding invitation of Yong Junhyung and Park Yoomi. May I ask, is it Park Yoomi as in Yoomi noona we know?!” – Byunghun asks with a serious tone.

“Yep” – Minsoo answers him without even looking at him.

“So, it’s really over now between you two?” – Jonghyun asks.

“Yep”

“Are you okay, hyung?” – Niel worries him.

“HAHAHAHAHA… I’m okay! No worries!”

“Liar” – Chanhee adds while pats his back.

 

After Chanhee’s word, Minsoo bursts into tears. He cries out-loud and his friends cheer him up. He keeps saying that it’s his fault. The 5 men pat their friend’s back, calming him down.

 

“Regrets always come late. You have learned your lesson. Think before you make a choice. Now cry all you want tonight and smile brightly in the future starting tomorrow”

 

-END-