Broke-Up, The End of Relationship

Betrayal

(2 days before the night)

“What?! Where did you say you’re going?”

“It’s just a simple 2 days 1 night trip with my colleagues, Minsoo. No worries” – I said while packing my clothes.

“You’re not allowed to come! NO!” – My boyfriend didn’t give me his permission.

“But why?!” – I stopped packing, stared at him, felt annoyed.

“Just no! There will be a bunch of men and I supposed that at least one of them has a crush on you! NO! Once I said NO, then NO!” – I giggled. He was jealous?! Oww~ My cute boyfriend.

“Then why don’t you come with me?” – I hugged him.

“CAN I?!” – He looked so happy. He hugged me back. “I’ll kick every man’s that has his eyes on you! HWAK!”

 

I just laughed at his childish acts without knowing that I just made a bad decision (that will lead our relationship into an end). I continued packing and helped my jealousy boyfriend packed his things. After that, we went sleep. He put me around his arms. I can smell his sweet fragrance. Out of nowhere, I asked him, “Will we be like this forever? What if we someday bro—“

 

He put his index finger to my lips. “Ssh! Don’t ever say that! We won’t, okay?! Now go to your dreamland which has me, sweetheart”. He kissed my forehead and patted my head. He closed his eyes and in no time, he drifted to his dreamland. I studied his look, stared at his face lovingly. Will I lose this fine young-man? It would tear my heart apart. I love him so much. I don’t ever wanna lose him. Never. I cuddled to him and finally joined him to our dreamland.

 

(The Day – Night)

We were ready to go to my office, where everyone gathered together. Minsoo and I rode his car. When we arrived there, my colleagues greeted me. I went to my division’s group. There, I greeted my friends and my sunbaes. Jihee and Yeonghui hugged me. They are my best friends. I wonder where Nami was. She is also our best friend.

 

“Yoomi-ya!” – There she was. She went out from the office building, brought some things on her hand.

“Nami-ya!” – I ran there to help her. Then, I almost tripped when helping Nami. I felt someone pulled me back.

“YA! Be careful!” – A man?! Wait he is –

“Junhyung sunbae! Oh, thank you so much! Hehehe. Sorry for being a troublesome for you” – I smiled to him. He smiled back at me while helping me with my belongings on my hand.

“What will be happened to you if I’m not there around you?! You always make me worry to death.  Aigoo~” – He ruffled my hair.

 

And at that time, someone just appeared behind me. He looked so angry. No. Jealous. Yeah, my boyfriend had appeared for the first time in front of my friends.

 

“Excuse me, but let me help her, ahjussi” – He snatched the things that Junhyung sunbae held for me.

“A- A- Ahjussi?!” – Junhyung sunbae choked. “Excuse me, but I think our age do—“

“I’m so sorry, sunbaenim. I’m so sorry” – I bowed to him, embarrassed enough that my boyfriend called him ahjussi.

 

They were looking each other, confused why I apologize on his behalf. I explained to them and introduced him to my friends. They understand and kept saying that my boyfriend is cute, handsome, y, blah blah blah; except for someone. He looked sad though. I just shrugged it off and joined the others.

 

After a long drive, we finally arrived at the villas, place we would have picnic. Everyone was busy with their belongings and chose their roommates, which I planned to have Jihee, Nami and Yeonghui as my roommates. We went to our room and had a chat inside. Well, they were asking me about my boyfriend, especially Nami. She seemed really curious about Minsoo. I just told them how we met and his childish behavior.

Finally, it’s night time. We had a barbecue party in the garden. Minsoo sat next to me and watched Junhyung sunbae’s moves. He wrapped his arms on me; not letting me joined my friends. I just stay still as he wanted. But it felt nice to have him here. We could spend some more time together.

 

I don’t know but sometimes I felt Nami took a glance at Minsoo. She smiled everytime they made an eye contact. Minsoo did the same. He would smile to her. But I just thought that it was just a friendly smile. It’s nice if our friends can be our boyfriend’s friend too, right?! No?!

 

It’s getting strange when they sat across each other, they would have some ‘weird’ signs between them. What happened?! Did I miss something?? I could hear Minsoo’s heavy breath. What is going on?! I didn’t want to be a jealousy annoying girlfriend so I just let it be. I talked to Jihee who sat next to me. I saw that Yeonghui looked weird. Her moves were a bit strange. But again, I just shrugged it off.

 

After the barbecue party, we decided to have a walk. Minsoo, Me, Jihee, Yeonghui and Nami were walking downhill. Minsoo had his arms on me. Jihee and Yeonghui were walking ahead while Nami was behind us. Someone else was following us while taking pictures.

 

It was a superb view we saw. The stars looked so bright. I love to see stars. I looked up to take a picture of those beautiful stars. Not close enough! I decided to hike a little bit, left Minsoo behind with my friends.

 

“Minsoo, I’m going to hike a little bit to take a picture of the stars. Wait here with my friends, hmm?”

“Okay. Be careful, sweetheart!” – I gave him a smile and nodded. Somehow, Nami looked irritated with my nickname, created by Minsoo.

 

I took a step to the higher place. It’s dark and I barely could see the paths. I just hoped that I didn’t slip or else, I’ll be a history. Then, I slipped. Damn it! Oh God please save me! Once again, I felt a hand caught my palm. Who?!

 

“YA! I told you to be careful!” – He pulled me up.

“Junhyung sunbae~” – I landed on his body. I cried.

“Sssh.. It’s okay. I’m here. You’re safe now” – He patted my back.

“Thank you so much, Sunbae” – I got up and helped him up. He just gave me a smile.

“See?! If I wasn’t here, you’ll be missing and I’ll be crazy to death that I think that I have lost yo—“

“Huh?”

“Nothing. Ehm”

 

What was that?! WHAT WAS THAT?! Did I hear wrong?! I must be crazy. For a moment I thought he likes me. It’s not possible, right?! Eiii~ I had to clear my head.

 

We walked down together after we took a picture of those stars. We were not talking and it felt awkward. But then he suddenly pulled my hand, made me stop from walking.

 

“Is he really your boyfriend?” – He said with a serious tone that I always heard when he is angry.

“Eh?!”

“Minsoo. Is he really your boyfriend??” – His grip became stronger.

“Yes. Why? What happened to you, sunbae? You looked scary. Did something bother you?”

“Just.. Yes. Something does bother me so much! Your boyfriend!”

“Minsoo?? Something wrong about him??”

“YES! He is all wrong!”

“SUNBAENIM!”

“Can you just… BREAK-UP with him?!”

“SUNBAENIM!! You don’t have the rights to say that or to order something like that! We aren’t in the office like now!” – I pulled my hand back, lost from his grip.

“It’s not an order from a sunbae! It’s from me, YONG JUNHYUNG! A man that loves you so much!”

“You what?!”

“Just.. BREAK-UP!! I can’t stand to see that ma—“

“Why?? Why you want me to break-up with him? Just because you love me?? Doesn’t that sound childish? I have the rights to choose someone I love and it’s him! I love him!”

“You love him so much, don’t you?! Will you keep loving him if he hurts you?!”

“SUNBAENIM! He won’t hurt me!! He loves me!”

“YOOMI! Listen to me! I believe that he will hurt you!”

“JUST SHUT UP!!”

 

I cried while ran away from him. I could hear he called my name and ran after me. I bumped into someone and it’s a relief to see that I bumped into Yeonghui. She asked me if something was wrong. She looked behind me and saw Junhyung sunbae. She dragged me somewhere. Then, there was Jihee. Wait! Where was Minsoo and Nami?!

 

“Yoomi-ya!! Wher— Ya~ What happened to you?! Why did you cry?“

“Junhyung sunbae must have told you, right?!”

“WHAT?! JUNHYUNG SUNBAE?! REALLY?!”

“Mwoya?! You guys know that he likes me??”

“Yoo—“

“You both know and you didn’t tell me?! Do you know what he told me?? HE WANTS ME TO BREAK-UP WITH MINSOO!!”

“Yoomi, I guess Junhyung sunbae is right. Break-up”

“JIHEE!!”

“I agree on her too. Break-up”

“YEONGHUI!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?! NO!! I WON’T BREAK-UP WITH HIM NO MATTER HAPPEN!!” – I once again ran away with tears.

“YOOMI!! JUST BE CAREFUL WITH NAMI!!”

 

Then, before I arrived at the villas, I saw Minsoo and Nami were walking together while talking happily. Minsoo’s smile, he never showed that smile in front of the others except me and his close friends. Why he used that face to her?! Then, Jihee’s words appeared in my head. Be careful with Nami.

 

“MINSOO!” – I called him.

“Yoo— Sweetheart!“ – He walked down to approach me with a smile, not the same smile he used before. “YA! What happened?! Did you cry?!”

“Yoomi? What’s wrong?” – Nami approached me too. I looked at her. She is beautiful, has a great body, who doesn’t like her?!

“Nothing. I feel not good, Minsoo. I want to rest. Mind to walk me to my room?”

“You can walk with me, Yoomi”

“NO! I want Minsoo to take me there” – I yelled at her.

 

Minsoo did take me to my room. He checked if I have asleep or not and then leave the room after he sure that I have sleep. I opened my eyes when he went out and mumbled, “No ‘I love you’ words? No kiss like usual? Just leaving like that?”. I got up and sat on the bed. Somehow, I heard his voice outside. He was talking to… Nami?! I took a peek at them and eavesdropped.

 

“Is she okay?”

“I guess. Sorry, she was yelling at you”

“No worries. I’m used to it. She always yells at me since I’m her junior”

(WHAT WAS THAT??? WHEN DID I YELL AT HER IN THE OFFICE?? JUST WHEN??)

“She… Yells at you?!”

(DON’T BELIEVE HER, MINSOO!!)

“Yes. But that’s okay. It’s my fault then she has rights to yell at me, right?”

“She isn’t the type to yell at people”

(YES! THAT’S IT, MINSOO!)

“You are her boyfriend. She won’t let you see her yelling, right?!”

(WHAT?! I NEVER YELLED AT SOMEONE!!)

“Anyways, let’s keep in touch, oppa!”

(OPPA?? OPPA??? OPPAAA???)

“And, I’ll be there for you when you feel you need someone to lean on. Ok, oppa?!”

“Thank you, Nami. You’re so nice. I have no regret meeting you”

(BANG MINSOO!! WHAT WAS THAT?! THAT’S THE LINE YOU TOLD ME WHEN WE MET FOR THE FIRST TIME!!)

“Me too, oppa! Good night! Mwach” – She kissed his cheek.

(WHAT THE HELL!! HOW DARE SHE IS!!!)

 

Minsoo went away, back to the men villa. Nami was daydreaming about Minsoo while mumbled something that made me angry.

 

“How can that old rag becomes Minsoo oppa’s girlfriend?! She has no beautiful face, no y body like I have. I bet Minsoo oppa likes my body so much, comparing to her body. Tch.. She only can do sweet-talking and hey, I can do that too! Anyways, I have to steal him from that ! She is no good for him. Minsoo oppa is made to be with me!”

“STOP THAT, !”

“Yeonghui eonni!”

“FYI, I agree that you have a great body that men like but listen! YOU HAVE NO MANNERS, YOU HAVE NO BRAIN!! Don’t you think that you are stupid?! You got in into our division just because the GM swoons over your body and ready to hook you whenever he wants!! Yoomi took all the blame for your works since she is your trainer! Yet she never mad at you and teach you all over again patiently! She is a smart girl and she can’t get a promotion just because of you!! Now you want to steal her boyfriend?! Is this the way you thanked her?! HUH?!”

“Sorry, it isn’t my business! So why the Team Leader wants her to be my trainer?! Blame the Team Leader!! Not Me!! And sorry, I think you are jealous of my body, aren’t you?”

“YOU HAVE NO SHAME, DON’T YOU?!”

 

That night, what all I heard made my head spinning - Junhyung sunbae’s sudden confession and Nami’s betrayal towards me because of my boyfriend. I shouldn’t have brought him here. I could only hear Yeonghui and Jihee yelled at Nami, stood for me. I went back to my bed and cried. It was a wrong decision to bring Minsoo here.

 

(2 months after that night)

It’s been 2 months since the trip. After we got home, Minsoo was still nice to me. But nowadays, he seems different. Every time I need him, he wasn’t home. Every time I talk to him, he always ended getting mad at me and we fight. He rarely comes home. I feel lonely. I remember how he always texting someone when we have a date and once again, we ended up fighting. I know it must be Nami.

 

I just want him to notice how miserable I am after the trip but he is busy ‘cheating’ on me. The office is also not helping at all. My relationship with Junhyung sunbae became awkward. Nami gave me too much stress at work. The team leader always yells at me because I can’t train Nami well. I’m tired. And then at home, Minsoo and I will fight over a little thing. I moved out from the house. I live with Yeonghui in her apartment. It’s funny how he is never looking for me even just once.

 

I decided to resign from my work after a long crying night talk with Yeonghui and Jihee. They are right. I should break-up with him. How can he fall for a girl just in one night?! I called him and also his friends that also my friends. We need to clear things up. Yeonghui and Jihee cheer me up before I go to see him.

 

“Noona!! Yoomi noona!!”

“Changhyun!! How are you?! It’s been a long time!!” – I hug him.

“Yes! It’s been a long time!! Where are you?! Why I never see you again in your apartment??”

“I moved out”

“D-did something happen with Minsoo hyung?!”

“You will know later. Now, let’s go in?! I bet the others are here”

 

We go inside the restaurant and I can see 4 young men sit right on the right spot that I like the most. I greet all of them. They hug me one by one.

 

“Noona, you look pale”

“You also look thinner”

“What happened noona?? You look not good”

“Yeah, where is my cheerful noona go??”

“That’s okay. I’m okay. You all will know soon”

 

Then, he comes in. The man I miss the most, the man I’m longing the most, the man I love the most has come. He looks fine. He smiles at his friends and then looks at me. He hugs me. I miss his hug. I miss it so much!

 

“How are you?” – I ask him.

“I’m good. How are you?”

“I don’t know. Now, mind to sit down?”

“Okay”

 

He even didn’t say that he misses me! He couldn’t see that I’m in a poor condition?! Can’t he notice it just like his friends?! It breaks my heart away. It hurts. It really hurts when he said that he is okay. Then, I’m leaving him is the best choice for him?!

 

We ordered the drinks. I look at him, who is busy texting his ‘new’ girlfriend. It makes me want to cry. Every eyes look at him because I look at him. They pity me.

 

“Hyung. Yoomi noona is here, why are you busy texting someone?”

“Oh, right! Yoomi is here” – He even doesn’t budge after Niel said that. Only words came from his mouth.

“Hyung! Put down your cell phone please!! Yoomi noona has something to say!!” – Chanhee grows annoyed.

“Okay! Okay!” – He finally lets his phone away. “What do you want to say?”

“How cold” – I started. All of them furrow their eyebrows.

“I just want to say this just once so listen to me carefully” – all nod.

“Bang Minsoo, let’s break-up”

 

A long silence after I said that. No one dares to open their mouth. His friends drop their jaw low and look at me who really need the urgent to cry. I look deep into Minsoo’s eyes and so does he. I’m holding up my tears. Please just say something so I can cry! Either Yes or No will do!

 

“Why?” – He asks.

“WHY? You asked me WHY?”

“I don’t understand why if you didn’t tell me the reason why you want to break-up with me”

“You heartless human being!” – I stand up and finally I cry. “Have you ever looked for me after I moved out from the apartment?! Have you?!”

“I…”

“Tell me! You have been cheating on me since the day we got home from the trip, don’t you?!”

“Hyung…”

“Me?! I’m cheating? Ridiculous! No!”

“Nami”

“Nami?? Who is that girl, hyung?!”

“She is my friend. My colleague!”

“What?! HYUNG!!”

“I...”

“You always text her when we have a date and don’t you know that my heart breaks to see that? You also believe her words, not mine. We ended up fighting because of her. In the office, my life was miserable because of her but because she told you that it’s her life that is miserable, you thought that I’m going hard on her again! Don’t you know that I took all the blame of what she did in the office?? I’m tired!! I need you at home but you always mad at me or I couldn’t find you at home! Until the day I moved out and resigned from the company, my life is super miserable!!”

“You… have resigned?”

“Yes! Oh, don’t tell me that she never told you that I have resigned and she always told you that I still tortured her in the office?!”

“Yoo—“

“Now, I want to end this relationship. I’m sick of it!! Here, the necklace you gave me when you confessed to me. I give it back to you. Let’s not meet again in the near future. But I’ll always keep the sweet memories of us together. Thank you so much for your kindness to me these past 6 months. One thing that you have to know, I still love you. I’m going now”

 

I leave the café while crying. It’s all over now. Goodbye, Minsoo. Good bye, my love. It’s been a good time to spend with you as your girlfriend. I run away while crying and people who passed by are looking at me weirdly. I stop at the park next to my and Minsoo’s apartment. I look up at the apartment. Those great memories of us passed by in my head and it only makes me cry harder.

 

Then, someone is tapping my shoulder. I look up. I smile.

“Junhyung oppa”

 

-END-