Oblivious

Oblivious

“Look! It’s senior Kai and his friends!” a squealing from a petite-body girl pulled everyone’s attention toward the main door of the basketball hall where they could find four hot boys were walking into the hall. The white with red strips on the jersey really make they look nice and honestly hot.

Some shouts or more like squealing could be heard all over the huge hall. That happens every time the group named EXO is nearby. EXO is a group consist of eleven hot-looking boys and they are recently the school’s hot stuff. Every student, especially the girls, will go crazy over them and every time the name EXO been mentioned.

you moved her head, trying to get a nice view at the boys through some of the standing students who were trying to have EXO’s eyes on them. She then saw Lay, Tao, Sehun and Kai. The four are actually is among the school’s player. The fact only make the girls went crazier.

The big hall went silent as the players took their positions and the referee was ready to blow the whistle in his hand. Everyone’s attention focused on the field where the players from SOPA [School of Presenting Art], the school where you  and EXO are attending, with a nearby school finally started.

 

THE gasps escaped from the students’ mouths produced one loud sound when one of the players who wore a jersey numbered ‘93’ from SOPA fell hard onto the court. Automatically, you stood up when she realized it was Sehun who fell. She grabbed her bag and rushed toward the exit. Sadly, it took much longer than usual to exit when a few of the students who couldn’t find an empty spot decided to watch the match by standing, near the exit door. What the..?

Finally, after a few minutes getting between the students and getting beads of clear sweat formed on her forehead, she made it out from the hall. Her hand moved swiftly correcting her hair and school’s uniform. She looked around; thinking where would the coach send Sehun to.

It took her just a second to figure out the infirmary, a place where the teachers always have sick students. She ran there. As soon as she reached there, she pushed the door, not minding to even think twice. What important now is Sehun.

She was glad to found Sehun lying with his back on the bed, arm on his eyes to blocking the lamp blinding rays from his eyes. Sehun took a peek by lifting his arm a bit to see who ever did come. After he saw you, he put his arm again on his eyes.

“You are fast, you.”

She turned and found Miss Yoon was looking at her with her hazelnut pupil. ‘That’s weird. I don’t think I saw her just now. Maybe I was thinking only about Sehun that I didn’t even saw her.’ She flashed her smile to the sweet lady, “I am worried about Sehun.”

“Then,” she said with a smile, “I’ll leave the boy to you.”

As a sign of respect, you sent her to the door. When she is gone, you took a chair and sat before the bed. She put her bag against one of the chair’s leg. Having her chin rested on her palm, she stared at Sehun.

“Why are you here?” he coldly asked without removing his arm from his face.

“I was worried, Oh Sehun. Can’t you speak more properly with me? You should remove your arm from your eyes and look into the person’s eyes who you are talking to. Should I teach a grown-up boy about manners?” she grabbed his arm away from his face.

He tsked, “I’m okay, silly. Spraining your ankle won’t cost you to death.”

A sigh escaped her plump lips as she rolled her eyes, “Seriously, how on Earth we could ever be best friend? I must be crazy back then.”

Just then, the door was pushed from outside. Both you and Sehun turned toward it and they defined five boys were walking in. They; Xiumin, Luhan, Suho, D.O and Chen, are Sehun’s members in EXO.

you  make some eye contact with Luhan. “Taking care of Sehun?”

She nodded, “Yes. But this boy never learn to appreciate,” hey eyes glancing to Sehun.

A soft sigh come out from his lips, “Thanks, you .”

Xiumin ruffled the injured boy’s head. “He is always like this. Even to us. Don’t be offended,” he smiled to her.

“Xiumin hyung, she is Sehun’s best friend other than us. What makes you think she doesn’t know about Sehun’s personality?” Chen interrupted.

The bun-guy turned his head towards Chen. Before he could reply to him, you  did. “That’s good. Sometimes I need people to remind me again and again that he is my actually my best friend or I might end up punching my fist onto his cold face,” she smiled to Sehun, meaningfully.

Sehun responded with sticking out his tongue to her, “As if you will. You can’t even open sealed bottle water.”

“Shut up, Sehun!”

He chortled lightly after that. “Anyway, where are the others?”

D.O raised his hand, calling for Sehun’s attention. “They are on the–”

Before D.O could finish his sentence, a boy shouted to the top of his lung, “Baby Sehun! Are you okay, kid?” and pushed the door open. Baekhyun appeared with a wide grin before he flitted to the bed with 4 other boys behind him.

you  looked at them as Kai, Lay, Tao and Chanyeol walked in. At the sight of Kai, you ’s heart fluttered. ‘Great, now even my heart fluttered when I see you,’ annoyed, she sighed slowly.

Yes, without everyone knows, you  actually have a crush on Kai. She just did not let it show. She knew how miserable they feel to have those sasaeng crush; shouting over you and sometimes interrupts you to class just to ask you stay together with them, because they are in the same boat. Having everything – wealth, wisdom, look, those make students crushed on her. But being popular is not really freedom.

Baekhyun patted Sehun’s forehead like he patted the forehead of a boy. “You are okay,” he stated, a matter-of-fact.

“I know!” Sehun parried Baekhyun’s hand of his forehead, “Stop patting my head, you bacon!” in addition, Sehun also sent him a death glare, a glare he thought would make the guy back off out of fear.

But he is wrong; this bacon-guy didn’t even know the word fear. He instead showed his grin like an idiot to the annoyed boy.

you  noticed Kai. Her neuron immediately connected, thinking something she could ask or speak to at least make the charismatic Kai has his eyes on her. “How’s the game? We win?” the questions escaped you ’s plump lips like flowing water. Her eyes never leave Kai’s body.

Kai did not respond to her but just laugh to Sehun for ever sprained his ankle and has his arm clinging to Suho beside him. Frankly, you  was disappointed.

“We won, of course. No one ever beat SOPA when it comes to basketball,” Lay answered the question with a sincere smile.

“If we did not win, I’ll not play for the next tournament. I sprained my ankle just to stop the ball from entering the basket and you’re telling me we lost? Freak off,” Sehun got up from the bed and lay against the bedhead. He whined about how he sprained his ankle despite the laughing he got from Kai.

you  smirked at Sehun. “Who ever said he is okay and even called me silly for even worrying about his so-god-damn-treasured ankle?” she crossed her arms loosely before her chest.

They laughed as Sehun ruffled his own hair and trying to cover his blushed face.

 


 

THE two girls smiled temptingly as they invited you  to go have recess together with them. you  smiled back to them, “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you guys but I think I’ll have the recess to myself. Thank you though,” she rejected politely.

“Kwenchana. See you later in class,” one of the girls said before they left you . Both of them raised their hand and waved goodbye to her.

Being polite, she waved back to them. A weak sigh escaped her lips as soon as the girls vanished from her sight. She shifted her bag onto her shoulder then headed toward the a-stone-throw-away cafeteria. A bottle of milk was chosen by her before she took a sit at the corner of the cafeteria.

Feeling someone in front of her, she groaned inside, ‘Who is it again? Can’t I just have a calm, nice recess for my-own-self?’ But somehow, being polite is her priority; she lifted her head and plastered a smile on her cute face.

Her smile automatically turned into a pout as soon as her gaze landed on an alluring body in front of her who was wearing a naughty yet mischievous smile on his lips. “Am I bothering you, princess?

“Why bother asking when you are still going to bother me even after I reply yes? I know you from a long time. Don’t try to act nice. It’s a failure.”

A light chuckle escaped his luscious lips, “Regardless that, do you know about the prom?”

Actually, the girls told her about the prom before they ask her to go recess with them. They even asked what type of dress she going to wear and what type of dress suited them. “Not really. Why?” she asked him back.

But before Sehun could say a word, you  took her milk bottle with her and walked out of the cafeteria. Sehun groaned and caught her wrist before she could saunter even further. “I have an idea if you are still crushing on Kai,” he looked into her hazel pupils.

you  shushed his loud voice as soon after that. Her eyes moved left and right; anxious if people might hear what just this reckless boy said. It’s a secret; only she and Sehun know about it. Sehun closed his mouth shut right after that.

Lines of creases formed on her forehead. How on Earth could Sehun’s idea linking to her crush on Kai? “Mwo?”

“Go with me to the prom.”

“Are you crazy? What kind of idea is that?!”

“Mwo? Wae? Yaa, are you forgetting the fact that your best friend here is a best buddy of Kai; the boy you are liking on,” he whispered the liking part, “You’ll be closer to him if you are with me at the prom. You can even get a nice view of him. Or are you waiting for him to ask you out? Don’t be silly, you . He’ll surely go with one of the girls who are lining up for him,” Sehun lifted an eyebrow.

He is right, she thought. “Err…” she trailed off, hesitating whether to accept or not. The idea sounds good though but she worried of the aftermath.

“You should make the decision fast, you . I probably will already be with other girl when you finally make up your mind.”

you  lifted up an eyebrow in an unbelievable way and gave him an are-you-really-that-famous look. Before Sehun could open his mouth to answer her, a group of girls came and squealed shamelessly near them, “Sehun, go with me to the prom!” “Senior Sehun, can you go with me to the prom?”

Sehun smiled a victory to you . Her face turned red out of embarrassment, ‘really these kids.’

“I wi– ”

“Kemanhae!” you  yelled, shutting Sehun from continue his ‘killing’ sentence, “Stop ing around asking Sehun to go to the prom with you. He’s mine,” with the emphasized last sentence, you  pulled Sehun to EXO’s hideout.

Sehun’s offer must be a big deal; she even pushed down the polite from her #1 priority list. Maybe this will be the last chance she could get to be closer with Kai. The girls must be shocked to see a new version of you .

Arriving at the hideout, a big laughter came out from Sehun’s luscious lips; he even had tears in his eyes as he put his hand at his stomach while the other one pointing to you , “I told you, didn’t I?”

“Shut up!” she raved, hand hitting his shoulder, hard, “I think I’m the one look like back there.”

“You are,” he finished his laughter and wiped off his tears out of his face, “I should have it recorded.”

you  rolled her almond-shaped eyes, “Whatever, Oh Sehun. Pick me by seven,” she said, walking out from the hideout.

 


 

“YOU look stunning, you ,” Tao praised the tall and slender lady as soon as he noticed Sehun arrived at their hideout, pulling you  together with him. The boy compliment made two fair pink spots appear on her clean cheek. She did not put any make-up on, just mascara and some powder to be frank. She bowed a thank you to Tao.

Sehun’s eyes travelled around the room. “Where’s Kai?” he asked when he could not find his close buddy in the room.

“He is already at the school’s hall. I think we should make our move too,” Lay replied.

They agreed to the angelic Lay. When everyone got out from the room, Tao locked the room before he joined his friends together sauntered to the school’s main hall.

A question mark appeared in you ’s mind when she saw no other girls were there except her. “Sehun,” she nudged Sehun’s arm, “I see no girls except me. EXO did not have partner?” she whispered.

“Well,” he whispered into her ear, “to be frank, I am the only one with partner tonight. You know how the girls went crazy just to get us as their partner. So, Suho said it’s better if we didn’t have any than break people’s heart. In my case, you are my best friend and it’s just a help for you to get closer to Kai; chill, they don’t know about it. But I’m not sure whether Kai has partner or not.”

you  nodded.

They reached the hall as soon after that. Of course, EXO’s appearance itself make the female students went crazy. you  could hear people mentioning her name, some bad stories even trailed behind. Whatever, she thought and continued to link arm with Sehun, the way he wanted you  to act.

The first thing that attracted you ’s attention when they stepped into the huge hall was the view Kai is being surrounded by the girls. A soft sigh escaped her lips. Sehun nudged her and assured that Kai was not really that kind of boy. you  shrugged her shoulder.

Chanyeol then pulled Kai toward them so they could walk together as a group. The party started. They were supposed to dance but because of the partner-less condition, all they could do were sit down and talk. Luhan asked Sehun to take you  on a dance but she refused to and wanted to sit down together with them.

Seeing that how the girls were attracted to EXO, the teachers decided EXO have to dance and change partner every 5 minutes with the girls. That will be fair, they said.

“Kai, can you please company you ? I have to go somewhere else; urgent thing,” Sehun said, standing up.

Kai looked at Sehun then toward you  who was totally shocked by the sudden own decision made by so-called-smart Sehun. “Well, if you  is okay with it, then I’m okay,” answered the golden-skin boy.

you  held the hem of Sehun’s tuxedo. She gave him the eyes of do-not-leave-me-or-you-are-going-to-be-in-hot-soup. Sehun smiled to you  and whispered something to you ’s right ear. Hearing something that Sehun said, you  let him go. He bid goodbye to both of them and then leave.

She hung her head low; not knowing what to do. Then, she saw a hand pointed toward her. She lifted her head and saw Kai holding his hand out for her. “Dance?” he offered.

It took her a few seconds before her neurons connected together before she grabbed his hand and stood up as he pulled her toward him. They moved to the centre of the dance space. Even though the music was loud, the only sound she heard was her beating-out-of-control heart. She hoped Kai didn’t hear it as their body were so close to each other; Kai’s hand pulling her waist near his abdomen.

“Nice body you have,” she threw him a compliment.

He chortled which make you  blushed hard. “Thank you. Hey, you dance well,” he made it fair between them.

you  looked up to find his eyes. She is just below his chin. “You are pulling my leg, aren’t you? This is the first time I dance,” she told him who actually a dance student.

“Really?” he asked back, “Believe me, you got the steps. We can dance all night,” he looked deep into her hazel eyes which making she blushed really, really hard.

“I thought you are Sehun’s. I was surprise when he told me to look after you. If you are, he wouldn’t, right?” he added.

“Yes. He is just my best friend. I…I… like,” she breathed in some courage, “I like, no, I love you, Kai,” she closed her eyes, afraid of the reply she will get after the confession.

Kai stopped the dance in shock. He looked toward the hunching girl in front of him, ‘is this the time?’ Softly, he squeezed her right hand which was already in his left hand and pulled her waist even closer to him. “I love you too,” he planted a soft kiss on top of her head.

Surprised, you  looked up with double-in-size eyes to him. “Since when?” she asked.

He chuckled, “Since the first day Sehun introduced you to us. But I always thought you are his, until just now. How about you? Since when did you like me?”

“Since the first day Sehun introduced you guys to me,” she smiled, “Thank you.”

“And that’s for?”

“For loving me all these while.”

“Not a problem, sweetie,” he closed the gaps between them and their lips meet.

 

THE students clapped their hand when the judges announced that the King and the Queen won by Kai and you . They went to get the award together on stage. The bad stories of her have stopped and now they are being the most favourite couple in school. When they reached EXO again downstage, Sehun was there, smiling to both of them.

“Congrats!” he shook his hand with Kai and you .

“Thanks, Sehun,” you  smiled to him.

“I owe you buddy. Thanks,” Kai hugged Sehun.

“No prob. That is what friends are for; helping each other,” his smile went even wider.