All that i got

Losing Love

She heard noises coming from the bathroom. Her eyes widen. It’s so dark and she can’t see anything. She look at the clock, it’s 3 in the morning.

She calmed her heart. Maybe, it was him, he always coming home late these few weeks. Her hand reaches for the table lamp beside her.

“Ji.. Is that you?” she asked. She rose and sits on the bed. Not moving.

A head peek from the bathroom door.

“You’re up? Sorry. I’m just coming to get some new clothes. I will stay in the dorm now. It’s easier to go for training. But I will try to get home in the weekend. No need to worry. And I will call you. You should get back to sleep, baby. I got to go now,” He came near her and gave a light peck on her forehead.

He reached for the doorknob and head out. She heard the door being closed softly.

She blinked her eyes. But the tears started to form. Her hand clutched her chest, where her heart is.

The tears that she’s tried hard not show, flowing through her pale cheek now. She’s crying over a lost love.

He wasn’t Jiyong that she met before. Wasn’t Jiyong that care about her. Or Jiyong that couldn’t stand even a day without her. And Jiyong that meant the whole world for her. Her Jiyong.

She caressed her stomach gently. She couldn’t blame him. She saw the passion he had in him when he talks about his dream.

He’s chasing his dream and she doesn’t want to be selfish and kept him for herself.

She lost Jiyong for the world. But she won’t lose the love she has in her. She will keep it for herself.

 

**

 

Sandara sat on the grass watching the boy playing soccer. She flinched when the boy fell but relief when the boy stood up and began to kick the ball again.

The boy picked up his soccer ball and comer closer to her. He hugs her and she kissed his cheek. She wiped the sweat formed on his forehead.

“Junho-ah, don’t play too far. And don’t talk to stranger also okay?” she patted the boy head and ruffled his hair.

“Ne, omma” the boy replied. He kicked the ball and chased it. She smiled watching him running and pulled out the magazine from her bag. She began to read. They always come to this park every weekend. She wanted her son to have fun outside. She wanted him to experience life. After all, he is all she got. She didn’t notice there’s someone watching them from afar.

 

**

He watched her them for quite a while now. He was walking his dog when he saw her sitting on the grass. Her face glowing in the sun’s light.

He hadn’t seen her since his debut into the industry. But she still beautiful like the first time he saw her. Except she looks much more matured than before.

His heart beat fast. He wanted to talk to her. To hold her again. He missed and longed for her.

But then he saw a little boy walked towards her and give her a hug. She kissed the boy cheek before wiped his forehead.

Who is this boy? He thought. Her son? She got married? When? He sighed. It’s been 5 years now. Of course she’s married. She probably has a lovely family now.

He wonders if he hadn’t chasing his dream, he will be happy building family with her. They might have 4 children, ani… that’s too much. He smiled touching the back of his head. That’s too much for his petite Sandara. Maybe just two children. A boy and a girl. A pair.

Suddenly his smile vanished. He frowned. What was he thinking? She’s having a family of her own now and he’s imagining something that is impossible.

He cursed himself mentally. He bends down and patted his dog head. He stood up and looks at her again. Watching her smile as she’s reading.

He sighed again, with a heavy step, he headed home in despair. Leaving the love that he once let go. Losing his only love.