Your name?

Lines and Words (Jeti collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany thought her blonde neighbour wouldn’t have the pink medicine she was asking for, it would be a miracle if she had.

 

Well, sometimes miracle does happen.

 

Now standing at her neighbour’s front door with a hand clutching her stomach tightly, Tiffany sees the strawberry blonde walks back into her apartment before coldly asking her to wait. Seconds later, she comes back to the front door with a glass of water and a pink pill in hand. “Here.”

 

Not wasting a second, Tiffany takes the medicine and gulps down the whole glass of water, “Th-thanks.” after that she heaves a grateful sigh.

 

Taking the empty glass from Tiffany’s grasp, “Feeling better?” the blonde asks, though her expression is nowhere near concerned.

 

Taken aback by the iciness, Tiffany beams an awkward smile. “Ye-yes. Thank you again.”

 

“No bother. Here, take the whole packet.”

 

Startled, Tiffany takes a step back, “N-no it’s fine!” all ready to go back next-door.

 

“Just take it, I won’t be here the next few days, ” The blonde speaks up, all the while tucking a lock of blonde hair behind her ears, successfully making Tiffany’s heart skip a beat. “and I don’t think the others here also happen to have this pink pill you were asking for.”

 

Hearing how the blonde emphasised on the pink word, Tiffany lowers her head in embarrassment. She remembers how she frantically pressed on her neighbour’s doorbell and how she couldn’t stop rambling the words ‘pink’; ‘stomach’ and ‘pill’ when the blonde opened the door.

 

“I-I’m very sorry about that…” Tiffany bows, thinking she caused great irritation to the blonde.

 

Tiffany bolts back up when a hand reaches out and tucks the medicine in her jean pocket.

 

“Take it.” The blonde steps back, ready to close the door.

 

“W-wait!” Heart ramming loudly in her ribcage, Tiffany puts her hand on the wooden surface, stopping her neighbour.

 

The blonde looks expectantly at Tiffany, remaining expressionless.

 

“I-I’m Tiffany. I live n-next door. Thank you so much f-for the medicine a-and the help.” Tiffany bows once again.

 

Mentally slapping herself for stuttering so much, she ignores the tingly feeling when the blonde touches her shoulder asking her to stand back up.

 

“It really is- ” Meow. The blonde turns her head and looks into her living room, hair sliding effortlessly down her shoulder while doing so.

 

Tiffany’s heart beats twice the pace when the blonde turns back and their eyes meet simultaneously. Her eyes are cold but they are the clearest Tiffany has ever seen. Feeling the need to get on the blonde’s good side, she tries to strike a friendly conversation. “Oh you have a cat- ”

 

“Sorry but, ” The blonde heaves out, “I’m a bit busy.” and closes the door.

 

-x-

 

Tiffany lumbers to her couch and plops herself on it. Her neighbour still hasn’t come back from, whatever her business. It’s been more than a ‘few days’ than the blonde claimed. She hates it but she can’t help but think that the blonde is deliberately avoiding her, coming back later than she intended.

 

“Oh my gosh she hates me! It’s been 8 days and she’s still not home!”

 

“Seriously, why does it matter to you? You don’t even know her name for god’s sake!” Her best friend yells through the speakerphone.

 

“I just, ” Tiffany’s eyes settle on the brand new pack of pink pills on her coffee table, “I have to return the favour!”

 

“Yea yea. But you don’t have to go and knock on her door like, every day!”

 

“I- ” Tiffany inhales. “I just don’t want her to wait in case she’s already home!”

 

“Argh you’re so- ” Yuri groans. “waaaaaait.”

 

“What.”

 

“Tell me, ” Tiffany can hear the teasing all the way from the other line. “you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter