chapter 2

Reunion

A teenage school girl was running through an empty corridor. She was still in her school uniform with a big backpack attached on her back. Her backpack looked so stuffy and heavy, but she kept on running like her last bus was about to leaving. But she was not running for a bus, not even for a train.

She was kept running until she reached a back yard of her school then continued her step to the old building in the back of her school building. It was actually a building for extracurricular activity but since the school already build a new one, the building is left unused.

Slowly she could hear some upbeat song was bumping through a speaker. She slowed her track and smile. He is still there..

 

The girl opened the door quietly then pooped in her head into the room. Indeed, the one that makes her running hard was still there. Her smile turned into a wide grin as she saw a young boy dancing following the beat of the song. That boy was the reason why she was running all the way her cram school to the unused building at the back of her school. The boy that kept on bothering her mind while she was in the class a few moment before. The boy that she’s been wanted see the most every end of the day.

The girl took her time to observe him. The boy kept on dancing following the beat of the music. He didn’t even realize that someone was keep on looking at him, because his eyes was glued to the mirror in front of him. His stare was serious and intense. He watched carefully at his own movement as his body moving, it was like he was afraid that his movement will go wrong. But anyone who see him right now would be agree that this boy was dancing really well.

The girl opened the door wider then let her body come inside the room. She walked carefully, knowing that the boy would stop once he was aware that she was there to. And right. When his eyes took a glimpse of her presence he stopped his movement.

A small smile formed in the corner of his lips. He walked to the music player and pushed the stop button. Then the room went quite as the song was gone.

“You came?” The boy asked between his heavy breaths. It was actually a statement than a question. That was a statement of her -finally- presence.

The boy walked to the mirror, then slumped down to the floor. His back was rested against the wall as his right leg bended to support his right arm while the other leg was lean straight on the floor.

The girl came closer to the boy, took her steps carefully until she was standing right in front of him.

“This.” A girl handed the tired boy a bottle of drink.

The boy tilted his head up to see what the girl up to. His eyes constantly raised in confusion at the bottle drink she held.

“A vitamin drink? Didn’t I text you for some soda?” He complained but still take it anyway.

The girl crossed her arms in front of her chest. “How many time I told you that soda is bad for your health. Do you know that in one bottle it contain-”

“for almost 5-6 teaspoon of sugar. I know. I know.” The boy scoffed but still smiled at the girl’s nagging. She has been nag about the same think for almost three months now. The boy opened the bottle and drank all contains inside the bottle.

“Yes. And it is almost a half of the bottle.” The girl didn’t want to give in at the conversation. 

“But it’s too little. I’m still thirsty.” The boy took the bottle upside down and shake it up and down, testing is there any drop left to drink.

The girl grin wide at his word. Then she sat down next beside him. She took down her backpack then open the zip. The boy looked curiously at the girl sudden action, but he kept his curiosity for himself and decide to keep silence and looking at her.

Once the girl opened her bag, she pulled 1.5ml mineral water bottle out from it. “That is why I also brought this.” The girl smiled proudly as she put the bottle in front of the boy.

The boy was widening his eyes in amusement. Was this girl really bring those bottle around inside her bag? He blinked his eyes a few times, then silently observe the girl’s opened bag. He peaked inside and found a few thick book inside her bag. He knew well that she always brought a few book inside her bag, since she has to continue for cram school after school. That was why she always use a big backpack with her every time she went to school. And that was also the reason why all her friend called her a turtle. Because the backpack she wore was really contrast with her small figure, that almost everyone in school can easily notice it and take a joke on it.

Then the boy turned his observation into her. The girl was looked a little bit flushed, a few of droplet sweats can be seen in her forehead. He knew that she has been running all the way minimarket to the old building where they are right now. Then the fact that the girl has been running with that heavy backpack here was again amuse him more. It took a few time before the boy digest all those things in his brain before finally he took the big bottle in front of him. This girl is really something..

“Thanks.” The boy smiled at her.

This time was the girl who blinked in amusement. Because just now the girl saw something that rare for her sight. The boy was smiled, a sincere one. A butterfly was flying inside her stomach as she blushing at the sight.

“It’s nothing. I’m a turtle remember?” The girl tried to get a grip of herself with joking about her nickname from the other schoolmate. Wishing that the boy won’t see her reddening cheek.

“Yes. You are a turtle indeed.” The boy laughed then, and the girl following the boy, laughing together.

 If only that the girl knew that the boy was laughing not because of her joke, but because how cute she was blushing right now..