chapter 1

Reunion

“Will you come?”

I startled as some familiar voice woke me up from my reverie. I looked up and found my best friend sat at the empty chair in front of me. “This.” She handed me a cup of drink. I took it and looked at contain inside, and found it is my favorite, ice coffee latte. I smiled at the sight. “Thanks.”

Well, let me introduced her. Her name is Hana, Jung Hana. She is my very very best friend since elementary school. Yeah, we’ve been a friend since a long time ago, like 15 years if I count it right. We’ve been together since then. Same elementary school, same junior high school, same senior high school. Even now we study in the same university. Well, not exactly the same major, I am major in medical then she is major in interior design. But even though we have different major, we still spent our time to meet up at least once in a week. Just like now. We were sitting in the café near our university just like usual.

“Hey, will you come Yeonsoo?”

“What?” I looked up to her.

“Don’t play dumb. You know what I mean.” She rolled her eyes as she started getting impatient at my passive response.

I took a deep sigh then looked down at the card in my hand. A red card that Hana had giving to me before we entered the café.

 


 

REUNION

Class of 2009

Please Join Us for the Reunion Of

Seoul International High School (SIHS)

Friday, August 1, 2014

7:00 in the evening until 11:00

Auditorium SIHS

22, Seongnam-daero 1312beon-gil, Sujeong-gu,
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do

Open Bar, Sit down Dinner, DJ, Giveaways & More!

 


 

“Uhmm..” I bit my lower lip as I read again the letter on the card.

“Come on Yeonsoo! It’ll be fun. The others already asking me about your presence. Don’t you miss them?”

“Of course I miss them, but Hana, you know, I’m just..”

I saw her eyebrows rising and her stare change into suspicious stare. “Is it about him?”

I stiffened as her next question reach my brain. Him..

The word of him could be anyone. It could be a man who sat a few table near us that Hana told to me he have been eyeing me since once we entered the café. It could be a sunbae of me that keep on asking me out. It could be a friend of her that she has been tried to match matching with me. It could be anyone, really. Because Hana has been talked about a lot of different him lately.  But this time I knew exactly who was him Hana was talking about.

This particular Him was always haunting me for the past 5 years.

Hana was observing me intently, then she took a deep breath.

“I knew it.” I heard she murmured under her breath. “Oh come on Yeonsoo! It’s a rare occasion that we can gather again. It’s been 5 years since we meet all of them. Even Soyeon is coming back from Japan. At least you have to come for the other Yeonsoo!”

“Hana it’s not like what you think. I-“

“It’s just exactly what I think okay.” I bit my inner cheek as Hana cut my words. “I know what you are doing. You are afraid, feeling guilty, and all. And that’s what holding you back. Stop running Yeonsoo. You’ve been trapped in the same place for the whole five years. You have to open your mind and move on Yeonsoo. You can’t be like this forever. You have to come. You have to meet him. You have to talk to him. You need a closure Yeonsoo.”

“Hana, I-” I was about to talk back to her, but I know that won’t make any different, because deep inside I knew she was right. A closure.. I smiled bitterly at her words. She really know me better than myself. “You speaks like you know me better than myself.”  

“I am.” She smirked before she slurped her favorite ice chocolate. “Just give a thought about it will you? It won’t give you any bad things.. Kyungsoo won’t give you any bad things..” Her eyes finally soften as she said that.

I shivered as those name came out from her lips..

Kyungsoo..

 


 

Finally the first chapter was already launched!! *clap clap clap*

Well, I know it's not really a chapter. It's closer to teaser. But I hope this first chapter will make you curious more about the next chapt hehe.

Thanks for the two people who already suscribe this random story eventhough there is no a chapter yet. Really you guys make me smile. well I guess this first chapter for you two then hehe.

Until next!

xoxo