Chapter 3曾共看夕阳渐降下 used to watch the sunset together

Get Over You

“I’ll be waiting for you……” the ringtone of Linda’s phone rang.

“Hello Janice?”

“Yes, where are you?”

“Signing in right now, don’t worry.”

“I don’t you to be thinking about those depressing memories.”

“it’s fine I had about a month off. Fala is flying to London tomorrow right?”

“yes, she promised us a present each.”

“Wait I see Niki. Bye.”

Niki met with Linda and walked towards the boarding gate together. The three friends exchanged their hugs and went their ways as Linda and Janice headed onto the plane to prepare for passenger boarding.

[On the plane]

“Have you checked all the seats and refilled the magazines?”Janice asked Linda.

“Yes, let’s prepare the baskets for catering.” Linda suggested as they walked past the pilots cabin, Linda hesitated a bit. Janice noticed and urged her along.

“Hello Nancy, long time no see.” Linda squealed.

“I know right? Are you girls ready to serve business today?”

“I am so nervous” Linda replied.

“Don’t worry, Nancy will watch over you won’t you Nancy?”

“of course.” As they started to giggle, the flight purser entered.

“How are you girls doing? Good, everything looks in order.”

“Yes madam.”

“Linda, welcome back, if you need any assistance, just find for your team mates.”

“Thank you”

“The others are coming up now.”

“Linda!!! Hi, are you flying again? I am so glad, we all missed you!”

“Hey Selena, how have you been? I missed you too.

[Customs Sydney, Australia]

“enjoy your stay here.” The customs officer told Linda.

“Thank you” Linda passed through quarantine and exited towards the Sydney airport waiting area. She noticed the banners at hanging from above her head. “WELCOME TO SYDNEY” it said. She looked around at the airport where awaiting family members were patiently but anxiously waiting for their family, friends etc. Here she witnessed some gatherings of families which had filled the atmosphere with the fireworks of happiness, comfort, safety. This is what captivated her to work at the airport. As she followed her friends toward their hotel, she had felt a sense of familiarity of this place as it was about her third time visiting here. Her past visits have been so memorable however; she thought that she may never see such a scene happen in her stage of life again. It was only morning and she was to stay here for four whole days. She didn’t know what to do as everybody headed to their suites to rest.

Nancy announced that it was her shout for dinner, Selena suggested to visit the scenic spots first to have dinner since it was her first time in Sydney.

“Let’s go to the Sydney tower.” Janice exclaimed

“I haven’t been there since my first visit, so I agree.” Linda said as she raised her hand.

[Sydney tower]

“Yay, we’re going round and round.”

“There’s so much food, Linda let’s go and grab something.”

“Alright, Nancy, Selena, come this way”

“Wow the view is amazing.”

“It’s dreamy”

“I haven’t been up here before.”Janice said as the other girls admired the view of the sun ending its journey for the day.

Linda stared into the direction of the sunset. It once again reminded her of her own love story. No matter what she did, there was always something that would remind her of it no matter how much effort she had placed into it.

[Darling harbour, Sydney]

“Linda, Janice, Jill, Isabella and I are going into one.” Fala had started to demand. She eyed the other trainee pilots and slightly pouted her lips.

“You four, can fit into one cabin, which means that Raymond and Linda will go in the other one. No buts, quickly, it’s getting darker and later.” The four other trainee pilots eyed each other, knowing slightly what was the plan. The group trotted towards the ticket master.

[On the Ferris wheel, darling harbour]

“Fala, you are so evil, you set those two together.” Jill giggled

“It’s not my fault they are the most compatible couples of all. Besides, Linda is still angry at him for some reason I have to get them as a couple.”

“I always thought they were already.” Janice said

[Linda and Raymond]

Raymond stared at Linda opposite him sweetly as she slowly watched the outside as they rose from the ground.

“They’re watching, don’t do anything suspicious.” Linda suddenly whispered

 “I won’t but I have to ask, why are you angry at me?”

“I’m not, since when was I angry at you?”

“Since last time, you acted so distant from me since that time at Niki’s birthday.”

“I don’t know because someone had promised me to stay with me till the end of the birthday and went off to meet his friends and leave his girlfriend behind.” she said coolly as if she weren’t speaking to him.

“I’m sorry, I told you it was an emergency.”

“I never said I was angry at you though.”

“You are the best girlfriend.”

“Fala is so clueless.” Linda laughed shaking her head.  As they neared the top, the stopped right in the middle. The yellow light bulb in the sky had been making its journey to bed.

“Look at the sunset.”

“It’s so romantic, if only we had a wedding photo with the sunset in the background and just our shadows.” As Linda’s words came out, Fala had been taking continuous shots of this romantic event. It was then posted onto facebook when Linda had finally found out.

Linda snapped back into reality as she felt constant tapping on her shoulder,

“Linda, I know the sunset is beautiful, but I’m hungry, let’s go and get some more.” Nancy encouraged her.

“You go first; I’ll wait till Janice comes back.” She allowed Nancy to choose the delicacies by herself.

“I saw that, you were staring at the sunset.” Janice claimed as Linda swerved around astounded.

“It reminds me of the time we were in the Ferris wheel. The sunset is just as beautiful up here.”

“You know me the best, Janice.”

“I’m glad you realise we’re there for you when you need us. Linda, I think I know how you feel, but there’s only two ways the first is to slowly forget about it. The second way, I think that you will see in time.” Linda thought very deeply after Janice’s words.

“I think I know what you mean, hopefully it will work.”

“Good, now let’s get some dessert, I heard the cheesecake here is really nice.”