Final

Iiwake Maybe

Watanabe Miyuki shook her head as she stepped into her room. Miyuki threw her bag and herself onto her bed and stared at the ceiling.
 


Flashback

Miyuki was walking along the hallways, to the music room when she passed by Nakajima Kento, her schoolmate and friend. Kento was also Miyuki's "school crush", meaning that many of their fellow schoolmates think that they like each other.

Kento smiled at her and Miyuki smiled back. Miyuki felt her heart thumping faster and louder than usual.

"I don't have feelings for him! He's just a friend!" Shouted Miyuki, in her mind.

Miyuki shook her head and went on her way to the music room. Miyuki sat at the piano and pulled out several sheets of music scores. Miyuki started playing the song "Four Seasons by Vivaldi", Miyuki let her fingers run across the keys naturally. Miyuki's eyes were scanning the music scores while her fingers were running all over the keys.

Miyuki stopped when she finished playing the first movement from the piece, Spring. Miyuki gently lifted her fingers from the keys and she heard someone clapping for her. Miyuki turned around and found Kento standing at the door.

"That was great, Miyuki-chan!" Said Kento.

Miyuki gave a small smile, "Arigato, Kento-kun."

Miyuki took a deep breath before continuing the song. Miyuki played the second movement, Summer, but this time her fingers moved even faster. Miyuki's fingers slowed down a little when she continued playing the third movement, Autumn. Miyuki played at the same speed for the fourth movement, Winter, as well. Miyuki lifted her fingers off the keys after playing the last note.

"You're a great pianist, Miyuki-chan." Smiled Kento.

Miyuki smiled, "Arigato, Kento-kun. But I'm not that good yet, I'm still practicing. I want to be even better than my mother."

Miyuki's mother, Watanabe Rina, was a renowned pianist internationally. Miyuki loved the piano, and she started learning it at a very young age.

"Do you want to walk home together? It's getting late." Spoke Kento.

Miyuki shook her head, "Onii-chan will be coming to pick me up later, I'll stay in school for a little while longer."

Kento nodded, "Souka. I'll be seeing you tomorrow, Miyuki-chan."

Kento ruffled Miyuki's hair and bid her goodbye before leaving the room.

End of Flashback



Miyuki frowned as she realised that she didn't know why Kento was even in the music room the first place. Did he come by just to hear her play the piano?

Again Miyuki felt her heart thumping faster and louder than usual. Miyuki hugged her pillow.

"I don't have feelings for him!" Miyuki mentally said to herself.

Miyuki continued staring at the ceiling and mumbled to herself, "Then, why is my heart beating so quickly?"

Miyuki shook her head and went to take a shower.

Miyuki lay on her bed, once again staring at the ceiling. Miyuki went to her study table and started doing her homework. Miyuki was tired by the time she finished her homework. She packed her school things and went to bed.

Miyuki had a very strange dream that night.


Miyuki's dream:

Miyuki was standing in a field of flowers. Miyuki glanced at her surroundings before looking at herself. Miyuki realised that she was wearing a wedding gown and veil, complete with matching heels, gloves and a flower bouquet. The sun was already setting in the background. Miyuki felt someone reach out to tap her shoulder. Miyuki turned around and found Kento standing behind her. Kento was dressed in a handsome white suit with matching gloves and shoes.

"Miyuki-chan." Spoke Kento.

Kento took Miyuki's hand and led her along the path of the flowers, leading them to a cliff where they could see the sunset. Kento patted Miyuki's head before arranging Miyuki's veil. Kento slowly leaned in and their lips were just inches away from each other. But before their lips could touch, bright light engulfed the whole area.


Miyuki sat up and panted heavily. Miyuki checked her clock, which showed 6.17am. Miyuki sat on her bed hugging her pillow. Miyuki made her be and got out her school uniform and went to take a shower, since she was due to wake up in less than an hour. Miyuki didn't mind waking up right now, she could go to school early and practice her piano.

Miyuki entered the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. Miyuki made herself some sandwiches for both breakfast and lunch. Miyuki packed them into her bag before quietly heading off to school.

Miyuki walked into the school and headed to the music rooms. Miyuki entered one of the empty music rooms and sat at the piano. Miyuki started playing "Waterfall" by Chopin. Miyuki continued by playing "Waltz in C Sharp Minor" also a piece by Chopin.

Miyuki stopped playing when she reached the last note of "Waltz in C Sharp Minor". Miyuki closed her eyes and covered the face with her hands. She was bothered about why Kento would appear in her dream, and she was wearing a wedding gown too. Miyuki glanced at the clock and noted that it was still early. Miyuki was about to flip the pages of her music file when the door to the music room opened. Miyuki was surprised to see Kento outside the music room.

"Miyuki-chan, can we talk?" Asked Kento.

Miyuki nodded unsurely, "Sure, come in."

Kento leaned against the table and Miyuki stared at his figure.

"It might sound strange, but I dreamt of you last night." Spoke Kento, nervously.

Miyuki was surprised, it seemed to her that they had the same dream.

"Me too." Said Miyuki, shyly.

"Did it involve you in a wedding dress?" Asked Kento.

Miyuki nodded, "And you were wearing a white suit."

Kento nodded, realising that they both had the same dream.

"Miyuki-chan, does it bother you that everyone thinks that we like each other?" Asked Kento.

Miyuki was unsure of what to reply, she wasn't sure if she really liked him.

"Not that much but sometimes I get some strange feelings when I'm with you." Said Miyuki.

Kento looked into Miyuki's eyes and hugged her. Miyuki was shocked but Kento's next action shocked her even more. Kento leaned in and gently pressed his lips onto hers. Miyuki felt herself kissing Kento back. They stayed in that position for a while before Kento pulled away.

"I've liked you for quite some time now, Miyuki-chan." Confessed Kento.

Miyuki closed her eyes, thinking about Kento's confession and her own feelings for him. Miyuki mentally noted that Kento was the only one who could make her heart beat faster and he could always make her smile no matter what. Miyuki held her hands close to her heart and felt that it was once again thumping faster and louder than usual.

"I think I like you too." Spoke Miyuki, shakily.

Kento took a seat beside Miyuki and hugged her. Miyuki felt her arms wrap themselves around Kento's torso.

"Miyuki-chan, let's get going to class." Said Kento.

Kento helped Miyuki pack her file and he intertwined his fingers with hers before they left the music room.