Ladies and Gents, I Give You AN INTRO

Pas de Cheval

Oh look she actually finished the intro just in time to produce a double update! /backflips off the website into a ball pit. Tell me what you guys think. I'm home for a week so I'll try to get a lot more writing done. And give me ideas, please! Anything quirky or funny or y you think should happen in the office just comment me :)


Namjoon had to cover his eyes with his hand to avoid the glare given off by the tall glass building. It looked like it was at least 20 floors and had a distinct business aura, even in the center of the busy downtown. BTS Industries was written near the top of the building as well as on the revolving doors and Namjoon allowed himself one last deep breath before he stepped into the interview that he had waited almost his entire life to attain.

 

The interior was bustling with activity. The crowd inside was dressed in everything from lab coats or hospital scrubs to plain old business attire. The only people staying still were the two security guards and a tall man that was leaning against their desk conversing with them.

 

Namjoon strode over to them with his back straight. The person over the phone had given him instructions to go to security and tell them that he had an interview with Taehyung Kim and he figured he might as well make a good impression on everyone right from the start. He didn’t go through 6 years of schooling to be turned away by the security guards.

 

“Hi, excuse me, sorry.” He tried to resist flailing his hands in an attempt to gain their attention. His words worked well enough. Both the guards and the man talking with them turned in his direction. “Hi, how can we help you today?” The female guard put her hands clasped on the desk and the male guard followed suit. The girl, Jimin her nametag said, gave the well-dressed man a subtle shooing motion, which he ignored entirely. “I have an interview with Taehyung Kim today at 12:13.” The girl glanced sideways at the well-dressed man, her lengthy eyelashes leaving a shadow across the top of her cheeks, before glancing back down at the clipboard in front of her. “May I get your name?”
“Namjoon Kim.” Her eyes scrolled down the lists, throwing more warped shadows across her pale cheeks. “Oh, right here. You ready to stop standing there like you’re invisible, Taehyung?” The standing man sparked into action. Within seconds he was standing in front of Namjoon with his hand outstretched for a handshake that Namjoon returned firmly. “I’m Taehyung Kim. Nice to meet you.” The man’s smile was so wide and innocent that he wondered if that was actually the face of the CEO of the most successful international medical equipment manufacturing and distributing company in the world. “What do I even hire you for, Jimin? Jimin did all the talking.” What? Namjoon took a second to study the other security guard. Jimin. His name was Jimin. And her name was Jimin. They were both Jimin. What was the point of that? Why would somebody do that? The male Ji(he)min smiled, pushing his eyes into his cheeks and his teeth out of his mouth. “With a face like this I don’t need to talk.”

 

Inside the elevator the youthful Taehyung suddenly disappeared, leaving behind a blank face. “You’re exactly on time. I like that.” Namjoon had never been so doubtful of something in his entire life. “It’s only 12:10.” Namjoon interjected. “Exactly. It takes exactly 3 minutes to get to the 31st floor if nobody gets on with us. Nobody’s going to get on because I put out of order signs on every floor so you’re perfectly on time.” Namjoon was unsure of how well he controlled his expression. Taehyung, on the other hand, was blank. Just empty. Blank. A clean slate. He had put up false out of order signs around his own building and he had admitted to it like he was admitting to brewing an extra pot of coffee. What?

When they got to his office it looked immaculate. Namjoon wasn’t sure why he expected less? The guy had to be a genius to be that young and successful, but the fact that there wasn’t a skateboard propped up at the door still shocked him.
 

“So… Says here you graduated from an Ivy League, top of the class?” Taehyung went to stand behind his desk and, after turning in a fashion that was similar to the way a dog would prepare his bed, sat down and clasped his hands above his crossed knees. “Yes, I just graduated with a degree in business and –“
“All that aside!” Namjoon barely refrained from putting his hand on his heart at the shock of being interrupted. “What do you think of Jimin?” Was… was the CEO of a company asking Namjoon’s opinions of his bodyguards?
“Uhm, which Jimin?” Taehyung stared blankly at him. Namjoon stared blankly back. They continued like this for 5 minutes. No word between them, just dark eyes reflecting back dark eyes. Nobody moved a muscle. Namjoon could hear people shuffling around outside but he still didn’t dare move. Moving was admitting defeat and Namjoon Kim did not back down from a non-verbal challenge. “You’re hired.”
“WHAT?”
“You’re hired.” Namjoon watched as Taehyung pulled one of those miniature skateboards out from beneath the desk (He knew there was supposed to be a skateboard) and began skating to the door. “You start tomorrow at 8:25AM exactly. Don’t be late. And wear something plaid! On Thursdays we wear plaid!” Taehyung called as he skated down the hallway, for what reason Namjoon was unsure. But hey, a job, especially a job at one of the biggest companies in the country, was a blessing and Namjoon did not question blessings. Besides, it couldn’t be that bad.