Conclusion

Missing You

I am super sorry it took oh so long to finish this (and the fact that it's only 2,105 words ;-;) but I thank you all so much for being positive and waiting for it. This was originally finished on Thursday night but I was too busy this weekend to post it up. I know there isn't much about the original ship (if it counts as one) but you can understand why. Also yes I end a lot of my stories with the last sentence starting with an 'And', that's just me ok. Thank you for the upvotes and being very patient yet again! Please keep reading my stories! 

P.S I had trouble naming this chapter so you are open to suggest names for it, thank you c:


“W-what kind of problem?” The girl on the other line had noticed how Namjoo’s voice was unstable and wary, making her stutter out of fret as well. 

 

  She thought of different ways to explain what had happened beforehand, but it had become overwhelmingly hard in that second. How do you tell people their best friends could be seriously injured in a soft manner? In her moment of highest uncertainty, the eighteen year old attempted her best of an explanation. 

 

  “T-the other members of APink got in a slight car crash. There’s probably nothing worse than a few broken bones but...I’m sorry. I’m really sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner. I was too preoccupied about if they’re-”

 

  The interruption was quick, raspy, and in a chase. “Where are you?” 

 

  Namjoo was surprised by the sudden hastiness but understood almost immediately, she acted almost identically when she herself had caught the news. “Seoul Hospital, level three, waiting room eighteen. I think they’re almost finished with the tests so if you can’t come I’ll try to-”

 

  “I’ll be there as soon as I can Joo. Tell me the details later.” And she was gone. Namjoo set her phone in her pocket and stood up, running in place for a little bit to get her body less stiff. Her feet found themselves toward the adults at the door, waiting anxiously for more information on their daughter or group. 

 

  “Anything new?” She asked, hoping maybe that a doctor had walked by during her phone conversation.

 

  Chorong’s mother shook her head, “Nothing. Is Yookyung coming?” That news spread quickly. 

 

  Namjoo nodded, “She’ll be here soon.” A slightly awkward silence showered in between the two and she added something before somebody had to walk away, “I hope a doctor can come soon, I’m so anxious it’s making me sick.”

 

  The older woman set her hand on the girl’s shoulder in sympathy, “You must feel horrible. I’m sure they’re not that hurt, they’re strong girls and are capable of living past some broken bones.”

 

  Namjoo nodded, she knew that she was worrying too much, but could you blame her? “I’m sure too, I’m just afraid of anything worse coming out of this...”

  “Don’t strain yourself over nothing, a doctor’s coming out on her way right now.” 

 

The group of ten or more immediately raised their heads as Dr. Lee walked her way down the hallway. Those moments slowed as each step progressed, and Namjoo could swear it took another hour before the older woman was even at the door.

 

  “Hello all,” Dr. Lee greeted them cheerfully, alerting everybody in the vicinity. “The news here is overall good. Chorong does have an arm fracture as predicted, and thankfully Naeun’s arm is only a bad sprain. On the negative side, Bomi’s lost quite some skin on her knees but that can be grown back within time. Eunji and Hayoung are overall fine, mostly bruises and scrapes, although Hayoung had to get stitches on the back of her leg. Apparently there was something sharp in the car that had flew and, due to the impact, made a laceration on her skin.”

 

  The room made a breathe of relieve as a whole and everybody jumped again to ask one question that they all knew. “When are we able to see them?” Somebody Namjoo couldn’t detect from just voice finally said it and they crowded around as if vultures who just found their next meal.

 

  Dr. Lee rolled out an amused sigh, “Soon, a half hour in the least. We have yet to get them associated with permanent rooms, Eunji can come home immediately though.”

 

  Eunji’s mother let out another sound of relief as the others dispersed into their old seats, waiting was both their friend and enemy that day. The parent rushed once the crowd was gone, her father was in the middle of a crucial meeting and couldn’t make it upon the news. 

 

  “Where is she?” The doctor turned around in the middle of the hallway and made a gesture of ‘follow’ with her right arm. 

 

  From her seat Namjoo noticed that one of the parents’ had left and almost automatically followed behind. She knew the others wanted to see the safest member as well, but they were letting her meet the worried mother first. Her eyes met with Bomi’s father, desperate and worried. She cocked her head toward the door and he agreed with a nod. 

 

 

The front two arrived outside of patient room #379. It was only a few hallways away from the waiting room, and they noticed the awaiting female from a mile away. From Namjoo’s view behind them, it was obvious how exhausted her group member was and how much pain she was in.

 

 But Eunji was a bright person, and a smile erupted from her face just from turning their way. “Eunji!” “Mom!” The yells were no longer than a half second apart and the doctor walked directly into the room to attend to the patient. Namjoo wondered which other member it was and what they looked like while the reunited family members embraced each other in joy.

 

  “Namjoo-ah! Why are standing there? I’m over here you silly!” The bright pink voice of one of her best friends jumped into her thoughts and she realized that she was still standing halfway through the hallway. Her feet started strolling until they got too anxious and were running at top speed.

 

  It wasn’t until she had gotten into the older female’s arms that all of her anxieties and terrible thoughts fell from her, literally you could say, as tears began raining down her cheeks. It triggered Eunji’s ducts as well and the two teenagers bathed in a field of water works.

 

  No words were exchanged nor necessary. The fact that everybody came out alive and barely harmed was enough to fill a novel for them. Ten minutes past by before the three decided to sit back down on the bench in front of the room and speaking began.

 

  “Who’s in there?” Namjoo was the first to speak, although her voice was still a clouded whisper, it was heard within the eerily quiet hospital. It wasn’t until that moment she wondered why there was rarely any people on the specific level.

 

  It was washed to the midsts of her mind when a response was given, “Naeun, since hers is just a sprain it’s her temporary room until they make sure that it doesn’t spread into a fracture due to being so fragile.”

 

The two listeners nodded a second before the sound of tens of footprints sounded into the hallway and they rose in response, knowing that the entourage of family, friends, and staff were coming.  The first that caught Namjoo’s eye was none other than Hong Yookyung, the lead of the group, weeping.

 

  Eunji ran over to the the ex-idol and hugged as she had Namjoo just earlier. This time words were spoken to lighten the atmosphere, by none other than smiley Eunji herself. “You guys should stop crying, I’d hate if you would have to pay more for leaking into the second floor.”

 

  Various smiles spread on wet faces and Dr. Lee finally exited from Naeun’s room. Yet again another poor day for the habitant prey of the hospital. A million and two questions were thrown around for the second time and the medical practitioner held out her hand, the international gesture for ‘stop’. 

 

  “This is Naeun’s room, she is open for guests, but only up to three at a time. Please refrain yourselves from being too loud and jumpy, as it could harm her wellbeing and the ability to recover faster.” 

 

  Many heads bobbed in understanding and the patient’s parents were immediately pushed forward toward the door. It was already an internal decision to let the members go afterward, since it was human instinct to want to see one’s closest people after being harmed. 

 

  The bench suddenly became overly crowded and it was pushed to six people on the poor wooden seat. It was another seven minutes before a very relieved pair of humans came out, allowing the next three go. 

 

  They entered the room expected the worst, or at least Namjoo did. To her fortune, it clearly wasn’t. Her visual friend was sitting upward, her arm in tangible sling. A wide smile arose from her face at the sight and they sat at the end of the bed.

 

  “Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot? Can I help in any way?” Yookyung instantaneously asked, her words tumbling out identical to a waterfall. It was obvious on Eunji and Namjoo’s faces as well how much they were worried, even if the former had seen her a bit before going into the room.

 

  Naeun chuckled slightly, stiffing straightaway, causing the others to lean to her in fret. “No, no it’s fine, it just hurts to laugh.” There was a very slight pause of tension before she continued, “Anyway, I meant to say that you’re liking exactly like my parents. You guys are supposed to be cheering me up not acting as if I’m going to break the next second.”

 

  “Sorry Naeun-ah, I guess we were preoccupied about your condition that we didn’t have time to think about what you might feel. Do you want to know how the others are doing?” Eunji replied, the last part catching the injured person’s interest.

 

  “That’d be great, are you okay? You’re evidently able to walk around and talk, but do you hurt a lot? Is everybody else okay?”

 

  Eunji shook her head, “I have bruises and scratches, but nothing too deathly. As for the others, we’re not very sure about them but Chorong is the only one with a broken bone.”

 

 “I can elaborate on this subject, since I was there when Dr. Lee told us about everybody. Other than Chorong, Bomi has skin loss in her knees so I guess that’s being treated, and Hayoung got stitches so I’m guessing we’ll be hearing from her soon.” Namjoo included, she wanted to help her friends as much as possible, especially at such a time.

 

  After their ‘shift’ was up, they left with saddened expressions and let the next group go in. It appeared to Namjoo that the rest of the night was going to long and similar to playing mini golf. It was. More and more news about the others became known and they were visiting different rooms within twenty minutes of each other. Time was nonexistent that night, and by the time they were in Chorong’s room, the last room to visit, it was 5AM the next day.

 

  Being teenage bodies that need at least seven hours of sleep, and not getting any that night with the tiring days before the accident, they were the most exhausted by that time. Chorong was already asleep, her body working at fixing that fracture but also other things that happened that day. Eunji was extremely tired, but she made sure to see every member before sleeping easily. She eventually collapsed by Chorong’s bedside, resting her head on the bed when she was “seeing how soft it is to make sure our Rong Leader gets the absolute best.” 

 

  As for Namjoo, she slept on one of the open beds in Hayoung’s room after visiting everybody. Yookyung fell asleep in the waiting room afterward as well, her body curled up on one of the chairs in what others would say as ‘uncomfortable’ and ‘box-like’. The adults either slept there or returned home to sleep in their respectful home beds, hoping to come back the next day to check on the girls. 

 

  The next week went by like an odd mixture of slow and fast. One day would be filled of waiting, the next quick with visits and talking and games to pass the time. By the end of the week everybody was able to go home, with supervision on them of course. The public became known about it and suddenly worried about their wellbeing, leading up to their hit comeback later (not to mention the help of much hard work in recovery). It was practically a miracle.  

 

  One comeback they do somewhat well, the next they’re blowing up everywhere. It was a miracle and a blessing. As for Yookyung, she became happy knowing that they were happy and doing things they loved. She wasn’t resentful of her leave anymore and grew closer to her father because of the accident. Her contact with Namjoo decreased slowly due to both of them becoming busy, but that’s life. And life was good for them.