Goodbye Oppa

When Life Goes Downhill

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I shrieked, running to where Daehyun oppa's lifeless body lay.

"Oh my goodness!" the driver yelled, jumping out of his car. "Is the boy alright?!"

"No!" I snapped. "Call the hospital! PLEASE!"

The man obeyed, hesitantly. I noticed he seemed really young, despite all the facial hair he had.

I looked back at Daehyun oppa, whose eyes were closed, face covered in blood. I couldn't bare to look at the rest of his body, where his guts spilled all along the street. I nearly threw up when I saw it the first time.

"Jebal, jebal! Wake up, oppa!!!" I begged, even though I knew there would be no response. "What have I done to deserve this? What have YOU done to deserve this?"

I sat next to Daehyun oppa's cold body for what what felt like hours. Even though it wasn't even fifteen minutes by the time the ear splitting sirens rang.

"I'm sorry," a soft voice whispered in my ear.

"What?" I turned around and saw the blind boy, not looking at me, of course.

"I said I was sorry. I should've been hit," the boy states, "staring" off in the distance.

I sniffed. "No. You didn't know."

"But he saved my life," the boy explained, "when he didn't need to."

"But he did," I retorted, voice cracking. "Daehyun oppa is—was—a good person. He wouldn't let anybody go like that. He just took the ultimate sacrifice this time."

"Was?" the boy said. "He might not be dead yet. You've just gotta hope for the best."

I sniffed. "Thanks." I sobbed even more when the paramedics carried Daehyun oppa's body in the stretcher.

"Well, I gotta go," the blind guy told me.

"Okay," I reply, voice shaking. "Bye."

"Here's my number in case you need to talk," the boy said, handing me his a piece of paper.

"Wait, I thought you–" I paused, realizing it was printed on a card. "Oh. Sorry."

"It's fine. I understand," the boy reassured me. "Bye, Ari-ah."

"Bye—wait! How do you know my name?" I yelled as he walked away. "What's yours?"

The boy stopped in his tracks as if he was trying to remember. "Choi Myungdae."

"It was nice to meet you." I nodded, even though Myungdae couldn't see. "Bye."

"Are you a relative of the victim?" a paramedic asked, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, no. I'm his girlfriend," I replied, a tear slipping from my eye.

"You are allowed to meet us at the hospital," the paramedic explained. "You will be able to visit, but not when his family is there. What is your boyfriend's name?"

"Jung Daehyun," I told him, crying again.

The paramedic patted my back. "He'll be okay."

I knew the paramedic was wrong. I also knew he was doubting it. I still nodded anyway. "I'll call my parents now."

"Oh, yes, and where did the driver go?" the paramedic asked.

I furrowed my eyebrow, looking around. "He left!" I hissed.

"And what about that boy?" the paramedic asked, shocked.

I widened my eyes. "He's gone, too."

The paramedic's lips parted like he was about to say something. He yelled out something in perfect English and looked back at me. "We'll call the police to look for them both."

"I got the blind boy's number!" I cried.

I quickly dialed the number into my phone. "Sorry, the number you are trying to call is currently unavailable."

"Baise," I muttered in French.

"What? What is it?" the paramedic questioned.

"His number's unavailable!" I shouted angrily.

"Hm. Interesting." The paramedic had a strange look on his face, as if he knew that would happen. "I'll meet you at the hospital, Ari-ah."

"Okay. See you—wait! I didn't tell you my name, either!" I shouted as the paramedic climbed into the ambulance.

He waved, grinning. "See you there."

"What…" I wondered.

Suddenly, I was attacked with hugs. "Jagiya, I'm so happy you're okay."

It was my appa.

"Appa!" I cried into his shoulder. "Daehyun oppa was hit by a truck."

"I know, Jagiya." My umma brushed her fingers through my hair. "We're taking you to the hospital to visit him, okay?"

"Umma, how's you know what happened?" I asked curiously.

"We got a call from the police," Umma replied.

"But… I didn't tell anybody what my name was," I stated. "How do the police know about me?"

"Maybe they recognized you," Appa suggested. "Anyway, we should go."

The ride to the hospital seemed longer than it really was. Tears continued streaming down my face. Aside from my stifling cries, the ride remained silent.

I dashed through the doors if the hospital and checked in as fast as I could. I only had to wait about ten minutes before I could go in.

It was the worst ten minutes of my life.

I slowly walked into the room where Daehyun oppa lay. Seeing him made my heart break.

Daehyun oppa laid in what looked like an excruciatingly uncomfortable position. He had small tubes up his adorable button nose, which was broken. His face was still covered in his own blood, hair disheveled. His foot was in a cast that had to be hung, toes hanging out. His arms were put in casts, hanging in slings as well. His chest was wrapped in thick gauze as it caved in and out when he breathed.

Yes, I said when he breathed. He was alive.

"Oppa," I whispered softly.

Daehyun oppa's eyes fluttered open. "Ari-ah."

I ran to him, sobbing for the umpteenth time. "I thought you were gone!"

"And I won't be here much longer," he stated, crying with me. "Tell everyone on the football team to do well without me and that I'm proud of them."

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked him, placing a gentle hand on his chest.

Daehyun took as deep of a breath as possible. "The doctors told my umma about something in my chest that's killing me slowly." He paused when I cried even harder. "They think I could die in five minutes or five days. One way or another, I don't have much time left." Daehyun oppa spoke slowly, allowing me to take it all in. It's not like he could talk any faster—after all, he was dying and in pain.

I was crying buckets at this point, taking it all in. "This can't be happening! Why can't this be a bad dream?!"

Daehyun oppa chuckled weakly in response. "I wish it was too. There's one more thing I want before I die, Ari-ah, and it would need to happen right now. No hesitating. I could be gone at any second. Okay?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "Anything, oppa."

"Kiss me." he stated. "We never had one, and it needs to happen now. I want to experience my first kiss with you, Ari-ah. My first lover."

I was bawling my eyes out at this point, guilt eating me alive. "But… Youngguk…"

"He's not here!" Daehyun told me. "It's not like I'll be able to get up. Why don't you trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that since the issue with Youngguk, I've been terrified," I explained, even though Daehyun oppa has heard the excuse thousands of times whenever he tried to kiss me.

"I know, I'm sorry. I knew that. I shouldn't have asked." His eyes avoided mine and met them again. "Jebal. Ari-ah, saranghaeyo. Don't hesitate any longer."

I brought my face up close to Daehyun oppa's. "Saranghaeyo."

My lips landed on his plump ones ever so carefully. With all his might, Daehyun oppa deepened the kiss. I let him, knowing it was his first and last kiss. His tongue soon begged for entrance, and yet again, I let it happen.

Kissing felt good. Why hadn't I let him do it before?

Oh, yeah. Because the douche bag Bang Youngguk scarred me for life.

When our lips parted, Daehyun started coughing. Coughing up blood. He glanced up at me in shock.

"Saranghae, Ari."

Daehyun oppa passed out.

For good.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!!" I screamed as a long, loud beep broke the silence. "COME BACK!!!!! COME BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!"

I buried my face into Daehyun oppa's neck. I pulled my head up when I felt a discomforting hand rub my back.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Ari-ah," a familiar voice said.

Taemin.

I whipped my head around and grit my teeth. "Do you really think NOW'S the best time to annoy me?!?!?!"

"I know." Taemin continued to rub my back. "We need to go."

I threw my hands in the air in distress. "Where would you possibly want to take me?!"

"To get some coffee like you promised," Taemin simply states.

I scowled. "We're rescheduling for never."

"Well," Taemin sighed, "looks like we're doing this the hard way."

Taemin pulled out a black pen from his pocket and held down on the button. Sparks came out of the tip as he clamped his free hand on my shoulder as he stabbed the pen into it.

I felt the painful shock for about two seconds before everything turned black.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ahh, cliffhangers. Don't they drive you insane?

There were some things I was hinting in this… kekeke leave your guesses in the comments;)

Saranghae<333