Lee Taemin

When Life Goes Downhill

My life was perfect.

Being the most popular girl in school had its perks. Everybody thought they were my friend. Every guy wanted to be my boyfriend. Every girl would go lesbian to be with me. And, honestly, I couldn't blame them!

I made my way down the hall to homeroom, swaying my hips and smiling at everyone I passed. They all either waved back, stared at my , or gave me looks of disgust.

There's that con of being popular. Jealousy.

I know. It's perfectly normal to get jealous or envious of others, right? Well, some hated me. Thinking I was a —when I've been in a committed relationship since eighth grade!—thinking I was cocky, and "too much for my own good."

What ever the hell THAT'S supposed to mean.

I felt someone slap my . I gasped. "Excuse me, I have a–"

"Boyfriend?" that familiar, husky voice asked.

I turned around and smiled widely. "Daehyun oppa!"

"It's me, alright!" he replied, pulling me into a hug.

"I thought you were going to Japan, oppa," I remarked cutely, knowing when I did this, his heart would flutter.

Daehyun oppa sighed. "Some things in the family came up. Youngguk hasn't gotten any better."

I silently scowled hearing his name. Long story short, Bang Youngguk is Daehyun oppa's step hyung. Youngguk's parents are dead from a drug overdose and lives with his step umma and Daehyun. He brings home a different girl every night and s the out of her. (Some are probably ummas now, if you'd ask me!) Anyway, after I started dating Daehyun oppa for a while, he brought me to his house to meet his umma, thinking Youngguk was still at the bar getting lucky. Surprise, surprise! Youngguk was there. And he had a girl with massive there too. Youngguk kicked her out before he could touch her and said mine were bigger. (Honestly, it's the truth. Probably why people think I'm a . But I'm proud of my double d's!) Pretty much what happened was Daehyun oppa's umma told him to get out and he did. Daehyun oppa's umma went to go do laundry while Daehyun oppa went to use the bathroom. Youngguk broke into the house, and attempted to me. He didn't, but was close to it. Story over.

But pretty much, ever since then, I hadn't had any sort of ual relation with anybody—not that I'd want to, since I have a boyfriend. Daehyun oppa has tried, but I wouldn't let him. Heck, I haven't even had my first kiss with him! And we've been together for four years!

"Dead god. What does he want now?" I finally said after thinking about the past.

Daehyun oppa shrugged. "Umma is trying to get him to go out to the States. So he can be with his crazy mom."

"Has he gone THAT insane?" I asked, concerned.

Daehyun oppa sighed. "Yeah. Makes me sad. I mean, Youngguk hyung was always a , but still."

I didn't get it, but I nodded my head as if I do. "Alright, oppa, well I got to go. Saranghae."

"Saranghae," Daehyun oppa replied, kissing my forehead.

I walked into class and was greeted by my father. Yup, he's a teacher at my school. Part of the reason I was so popular.

"Good morning App—I mean, Mr. Kim," I corrected myself, bowing down.

Appa—or Mr. Kim—chuckled. A young boy with caramel colored hair was standing next to him. "Oh, Ari-ah! I forgot to mention. This is Lee Taemin. He's new to the school, and I was wondering if you'd show him around."

I hesitated. I don't even know this kid. What if people think I'm cheating on Daehyun oppa? "Okay…"

"Anneyeonghaseyo, Taemin imnida," the boy kindly said.

"Anneyeonghaseyo, Ari imnida," I replied.

Appa smiled. "Okay, you two should be on your way. Try to be back before first period, okay?"

"Nae," Taemin and I promised in unison.

Once Appa nodded us off, I guided Taemin through the halls. It was really awkward when I didn't have anything to say.

"You know, Ari-ssi, I'm not going to remember this," Taemin stated.

"It'll give you a head start, though," I pointed out.

Taemin shrugged. "True, true. But I'll only be here for four weeks."

I stopped in my tracks. Why the hell did I need to take this kid around the school when he wasn't even gonna stay?

When I didn't answer, Taemin put up his hands in defense. "I know, I know. There's no use in this stupid tour. But the only reason I'm here is because of you."

My jaw dropped to the ground. "WHAT?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!"

Taemin tried to calm me down by resting his hands on my shoulders. Did that work? No!

"Look, noona–"

"NOONA!!! Do I really look that old?" I exclaimed, touching my cheeks. "When's your birthday, anyway?"

"That's not important right now," Taemin responded darkly.

"Well, I asked, and I want an answer." I stomped my feet on the ground and crossed my arms like a little kid.

Yeah. I'm stubborn.

Taemin made a deep, throaty sound; almost like a growl. "July eighteenth, 1993," Taemin said through gritted teeth.

"HA! I'm younger than you. November–"

"November fourteenth, 1993. I know," Taemin cut me off, frustrated.

I widen my eyes in shock. "How… how did you… why did you call me noo–"

"I told you," Taemin simply stated, "the only reason I came here is because of you. And I called you noona because I know you get mad when people call you that." Taemin smirked.

"Why me? How do you know me? Have we met before? Are you stalking me?" I questioned.

"I'll explain everything if you meet me at the coffee shop tonight at four," Taemin answered.

"I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend," I retorted.

Taemin clenched his hands into fists. "Do you really think I care?! I didn't MEAN it like that, Ari! Jesus Christ, are you always such a ?!"

I took a step back, astonished. HE thought he could actually DEFY ME?! You would have to be really ing stupid to dare speak to me that way. Because then you got on my bad side.

And I'm a good person. But NOT when you get on my bad side.

I clenched my teeth and stood on my toes so I was eye-level with Taemin. "Now, you listen, and you listen closely," I threatened. "I don't tolerate people who look down at me like that. I don't want to be here as much as you do. You say you know me, and I have no ing clue how. Maybe you know my birthday because my appa told you? I have no idea, and I don't think I want to know. So how about we just get this goddamn ing tour over with and move in with our lives?!?!?!"

Taemin took a step closer to me, so our noses were nearly touching. "Only if you get some coffee with me."

I threw my arms in the air in defeat. "Oh my ing god, FINE! But if you try to pull any funny business, I swear–"

"Ari-ssi. You have a boyfriend. I'm not going to do that. Heck, bring Daehyun with you if you want," Taemin offered calmly.

I sighed, relieved. "Okay, that sounds—wait a minute. I never said who my boyfriend was."

Taemin looked like a deer in headlights. "You'll find out how I know tonight. Now can we PLEASE continue our tour??"

So Taemin ruined my day. And possibly my life. It may sound like I am exaggerating now, my friend, but don't worry—everything will make sense soon enough. Just be patient, okay? Because if I weren't to give you this information in order, I'd be in deep .

Got it?

Okay. Let's continue.

Daehyun oppa was walking me home after school that day. We walked on the sidewalk, with him towards the edge.

"Hey, you know my friend, Youngjae? He's in the grade below us?" Daehyun asked while giving my hand a squeeze.

"I think I've met him once or twice," I replied. "Why do you ask?"

Daehyun scratched his neck. "Well, he wants us to go to his birthday party this weekend…"

"Us?" I don't even talk to Youngjae. He's a weird kid.

"Yeah… and I know you're a bit skeptical about boy-girl sleepovers since the thing with Youngguk–"

"Whoa, whoa, WHOA. A boy-girl sleepover?" I cut Daehyun oppa off, shocked.

"Don't worry. There won't be any creepers as far as I'm concerned," Daehyun oppa assured me. "If there were, I'd make sure they never lay a finger on you. Besides, Kyungsoo hyung was invited as well."

I felt relieved when Daehyun oppa mentioned Kyungsoo oppa's name. He's been my best friend since birth. He was like an older brother to me. I guess you could say I loved Kyungsoo, but not like I was IN love with Daehyun.

Big difference.

"Alright," I finally said. "I'll try to convince my parents."

Daehyun oppa shot his hand in the air with victory. "Yes!" he yelled.

"Oh, yeah, oppa!" I exclaimed. "You know that new Taemin kid?"

"Everyone heard you fighting this morning," Daehyun oppa said flatly.

I chuckled nervously. "Well, he's invited us both to go get some coffee with him at four."

"Both of us?" Daehyun oppa asked in shock.

"Nae," I confirmed. "I know it's weird, but he's just trying to be nice after what happened."

Daehyun oppa nodded. "At least we can be his first frie–"

Daehyun oppa was interrupted by a loud honking coming from an eighteen wheeler. A young, black-haired boy with circle sunglasses in was standing in the road with a cane.

The boy was blind.

Daehyun oppa darted out into the street.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!" I shrieked.

"Saving this kid's life!!!!!" he yelled back.

The truck was honking like sirens. It was getting closer and almost spun out of control to try and not hit the boy. Daehyun oppa lifted the boy up and threw him to the sidewalk.

Just before the truck hit Daehyun oppa.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Voila! Chapter number one is up. :] sorry for not updating sooner; some things came up, and I didn't have much time to write. :/

You know, I hadn't really expected to throw in B.A.P in this story. Just for this chapter, though, but 99.9% is SHINee, i promise. (With that .1% being Daehyun & Youngguk and D.O.) I was just thinking about some '93 liners, and I could only come up with Daehyun himself, P.O of Block B, and Taemin (of course). But obviously, he's one of the main characters SOOO yeah. Believe me, I know there are a lot more '93 liners: Aron of NU'EST, Tao of EXO, Nakta, Sangdo, & Hansol of Topp Dogg, Seunghoon & Minho of Winner, Peniel of BTOB, and many, MANY more I can't think if off the top my head lol:3 (including my lucky older cousin!!!)

Anyway, what'd you guys think? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments! :D

Saranghae<333