Beautiful Night

Saviour

I was walking home after going to the café with friends. It was a beautiful night. The sky was full of stars. I really liked them. Also the moon. It was a big, round ball of light. Not as much as the sun was a ball of light, but still a ball of light. I smiled. I began to hum Beautiful Night by Beast, because it really was one. I couldn’t say that too much. It seemed like nothing could change all of this.
 
I looked at the lake which I pass on my way home. At daytime it already is really pretty but now, in the moonlight it’s just breathtaking. I stopped to look at it. There was a bit fog right above it which made it really mysterious. I liked it. I could stare at it forever but I knew that I had to move further so that my parents wouldn’t be anxious that I won’t return home. It was already late.

“Hi, sweety where are you going.” A voice called me. I cursed. Drunkards. I didn’t expect this to happen. What do I have to do? “Hello there, what’s your name?” another asked. I didn’t reply. “He asked you what’s your name.” the third one growled. He looked more like an animal than a human being in my eyes. They scared me. I looked around. They surrounded me. I don't know how many erts were standing around me. Five, maybe six. I don't know but that doesn't matter. I had to escape.

"Come on, tell us your beautiful name, pretty girl. It must be as pretty as you." the first one said. I shook my head. What was wrong with those people. I took a step back. "You know you can't run away from us." a fourth one told me and they all came closer. Why did this happen to me? What have I done wrong to deserve something like this? I always was a good girl. I never came home too late. I was never drunk. I never bullied someone. But why does this happen to me?

I stepped back as they came closer and closer. Their dark eyes stared all at me. Their hands tried to grab me. And the only way I could move, was backwards. "Stop!" I shout. They didn't seem to hear me. I started crying as I felt I was on the edge of the lake. I didn't know if it was deep or not. But i didn't want to know that. It doesn't matter, because... I can't swim. I've never learned how to swim. There also was no need to. I was just a normal girl that couldn't swim.

But they came too close and I didn't want to be the helpless deer that was about to be eaten by hungry wolves. I gave the closest one an uppercut. And that was the most stupid thing I could do. They looked a second at the one I knocked down and then they al tried to grab my by my arms, clothes, hair,... I tried to block them, but I fell.

I think the water must be deep cause I didn't feel the ground under my feet. A second I came with my head above the water, but that didn't last long. I moved my arms and legs like crazy to keep my head above. But I only swallowed more water. I felt like I was going to die. I probably was. I drank more dirty water than what's good for me. I knew that if I didn't die from drowning, I'll sure die from intoxication. The beautiful night wasn't that beautiful anymore. It turned out to be the decor for a horrible horror story.

I didn't move anymore. I didn't breathe anymore. And I guess my heart stopped beating. I must be dead. Why did I stilll hear my thoughts? Why didn't every special moment in my life passed by since I've just died. I wanted to see my lifestory. Why wasn't it there. Why did I had the feeling that someone tried to kiss me but only blew air in my lungs? This was weird. This was really weird.

"Come on, open your eyes." someone said as I felt a pair of hands pushing on my sternum. It hurted. It really hurted. I opened my eyes. "Aaaah, you can stop." i said weakly. Everything hurted. "Thank god, you're alive." a boy yelled. "I think." I whispered and rubbed the back of my neck. Two armes hugged me. "I'm so happy" the boy said. "um, excuse me, but... who are you?" I asked. "I'm your saviour." he said and let me go.

I looked at the boy. He wasn't bad looking, I would say, he was really handsome. "And does my saviour have a name?" I asked. "Only if the victim tells me her name." he smiled. "..." I said. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." he said. "Now yours." I laughed. "Zelo, come where do you live, I'll take you home."