Chapter Three

Ms. Pear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: First Pawn II & White Rook

 

 

“Agassi, what are you planning to do? The conference is tomorrow and you still haven’t think of anything to say about. Agassi, could you please just at least tell me what your plan is? I’m choked to death if you don’t do so, your father, I mean, big boss, he will have his anger exploded!” There he goes again. Emma shook her head, she was leisurely sitting on the sofa as soon as they arrived to the hotel room and she began to read some magazines, which were placed on the table, as if she didn’t worry about anything. It was true—she didn’t put any deep thoughts in it.

 

 

“Merde!” On account of his worrisome, he unwittingly phrased his French accent, which literally means ‘oh my god’, “Agassi, could you just please tell me? Even though you haven’t thought of anything, could you just please ask something? If you keep going on like that, big boss will... he will...” He was out of words, again. Funny, whenever Jules got fed up by what she was doing, he would loss for words. Probably he couldn’t throw all of his pique towards her because he indirectly worked for her.

 

Emma flipped the next page of the magazine she randomly picked. “Jules, why don’t you play chess with me?”

 

 

“What? In this kind of situation you still have the urge to play chess? Merde, my lady, merde!” Although he disagreed to play but still he asked someone—because there were bodyguards guarding in front of the hotel room they were staying, it would be useless if he didn’t use the chance properly, which means he, himself went out to buy for her—to bring out the game for Emma.

 

It didn’t took long. Five minutes thirty five seconds after my order, Emma was impressed. Jules sprightly arranged the board and had them to play the game. “Agassi, you go first—please go with white.”

 

“Of course, I always pick the white ones, since when you started to give me commands, Jules?” She moved her white pawn two spaces to e4, “now off you go.”

 

“Alright... Hmm? Let’s go with this one.” His black pawn walked two spaces to f5. He was thinking about tempting Emma’s white pawn.

 

Without saying anything, Emma attacked Jules’ black pawn diagonally, which was only later for Jules to move his knight two spaces to f5. It was exactly right next to Emma’s white pawn, he was thinking about winning and defeating Emma, he was totally in to the game. She smirked. “Do you know what your black pawn means?”

 

“It is only a pawn? This is only a game, how could there be a meaning?”

 

“Your pawn is only a distraction.”

 

Jules pothered with her words. “Distraction? How could it only be a distraction?”

 

“The real intention is to bring the knight out and then,” she took her queen and moved her to h5, trapping the black king, “check-mate.” He shrieked in misery for his losing, she shook her head as she said, “Don’t be too sad about it, as you can see, that is what I’m planning to do.”

 

A beam of light suddenly radiated on Jules as if he was enlightened by something holy—his eyes laid up, he forgot about his losing and focused on what she was talking about. “So, the ‘revenge’ thing was only a pawn to bring out the knight and the knight is...,” he caught a glimpse in Emma’s expression, “Kim Woo Bin? The heir to the Zeus Hotel? This means, the trapping the king... Agassi, do you mean that you are using Kim Woo Bin as bait to lead you to Lee Jong Suk?”

 

 

“Right on target.” She leisurely leaned against her seat and smiled in satisfaction. “It is the very first time you got it all right on target. Well done, Jules!”

 

Those images in the mind’s eye of Jules were indistinctly recurred in his brain, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter