Prologue

Ms. Pear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue: Genesis of Hatred Pear was born

 

 

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. You can do it, Jin Se Yeon! It had been the thousandth time that Se Yeon said that to herself. She was being ridiculous, she savvied that more than anyone else―the pink-colored envelope with some sort of love-type stickers sticking around it, was on her hand, clasping it, as if there was someone who would steal that letter away from her―but the funny thing was that she didn’t mind it at all, in fact she was anticipating for it.

 

She was going to confess.

 

It was her first confession, for God’s sake, what’s the problem with that? And why everyone on that corridor was looking at her with those sick faces? Was there any problem for someone as fat as her having a crush on someone? She’s a human-being and she deserved to be loved just like everyone else did.

 

Yes, Jin Se Yeon was a fat girl. Not in the term of chubby but a real fat girl, her weight even reached the number of 100 kg―although it didn’t exactly fit the number of 100 on the scale, it was likely had passed over 20 or 30―and her appearance was like that Japanese ghost, the woman that called Sadako―her hair was long and straight, however not dark-brunette, before she dyed them, though. She could feel her heartbeat thumping so damn hard as if her heart was about to jump out from her chest, and the worst thing was she well-nigh can’t breathe. Se Yeon, herself, didn’t know her reasons why she was extremely excited about it, perhaps it was because of that was her first confession to her first love.

 

The first person beside her father that made her heart felt warm and secure, the first person that made her heart fluttered, the first person that made her had to spend every single second thinking and missing about every part of him. The first person, her first love. She had never imagined herself would fall in love when she was in senior high school the second year.

 

Her footsteps stopped. She was in front of the A class, her eyes enamored to someone who sitting on the back row—he was reading a book with his usual dark-blue headphones around his head, her face that was exposed by the sunlight, which slipped through the windows, gleamed, his eyes, nose, lips, everything had become one word, perfection—he was Lee Jong Suk, the brightest students among the A class’ students which literally means that he was the first rank, the coolest guy in school and ranked the first for being the most wanted boy in school.

 

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, and breathe out. She said that again to herself. She braved herself and stepped her foot to the class. Her breath sounded stiffer than before, she really needed to calm down herself. Come to your sense, Se Yeon. Her foot seemed to have weighed more than her own body, that was why she felt her steps were becoming heavier and heavier.

 

She was stuck on the door to their class. Why must on that moment she had to be stuck and embarassed herself in front of Jong Suk. Coincidence. It should have been a coincidence—Jong Suk let off his headphone to his neck and turned at her, directly on her. Their eyes met. For God’s sake, could time just freeze then? She was too happy that she could almost faint from happiness.

 

Then and there she realized that she was trapped on the door. She tried so damn hard to squeeze her body off from that silly frame. Those A students had said something bad about her. God, this is embarrassing. Jong Suk moved away from his seat and went to her. Even the way he walked was already like a prince from the fairytale land, he was too perfect to be a human. He gave a hand to Se Yeon.

 

The great prince had gave a hand to the ugly duckling princess? 

 

 

Se Yeon should have been in the world of dreams. He helped her without any bad intention, she believed that. And a new record was broke— it only took fifteen minutes for to get out from that frame. Thanks to the prince of her dreams, Lee Jong Suk.

 

 

Without saying anything, Se Yeon handed the letter that she wrote for the whole night with her whole heart and mind to him. Regardless what his answer would be, she didn’t care, she just wanted to be herself, just like other girls about her age, confess their feelings to the guy that they like. Se Yeon was the same. After that, she flee off from his class, she ran to her class, which was on the G class and on the third floor meanwhile A class was on the second floor. The moment she confessed to Jong Suk there was something odd that happened to her heart as if the flower had just blossomed in a crack.

 

Then and there, she momentarily sat down to her own seat and stooped her head on to the desk. I finally did it. She finally did it. For the whole six months she had that feelings for him, she had finally enounced to him that she like him. She wondered how his reaction after he had read it. She was really curious about it. Maybe she had to spend some more time to wait for his answer.

 

***

 

Se Yeon had never felt that the mathematics class would be incredibly long, though it was only forty-five minutes for G class’ students to go home, since it was the last lesson of the day. Ms. Jung voice seemed to have made her fallen to the dreams realm, which was better because she could meet Jong Suk there, but still she couldn’t resist the punishment that Ms. Jung would give her if she dozed off in her class.

 

 

The school bell rung. The whole students uniformly squared away their study-utensils to their bags included Se Yeon. On the top of that, some of the bad-classified-students started to bang their seats and moved away from their seats.

 

“Go back to your seats now! We still need to pray!” Ms. Jung yelled.

 

“Seonsaengnim, can we just end this? I still have family gathering to attend, so I need to go home fast.”

 

“I also need to go to my tuition class.”

 

“I have concert to attend.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter