Chapter 10

Love is Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Yunho walked through the corridor with heavy steps. Today had been mentally taxing to say the least. When he reached the door of the apartment, he felt empty.

There was nothing waiting for him on the other side of the door. He was 35 years old, just discovered he was a father, has some unlabelled feelings for Jaejoong and engaged to Boa for convenience. This was not what he wanted in life and he only had himself to blame.

He rested his head on the door not having any motivation to open it and enter the place that meant that the ones he should be with right now are crying by themselves. His own tears started to fall at his desolation. He had to drop off Changmin at the Parks’ with a heavy heart. He wanted to bring him along since Jaejoong needed time and he could try to diminish the pain Changmin was feeling. But the boy was reluctant to leave his mother alone. He has seen her tears since he was born and has silently kept an eye on her from a distance.  At least in the Parks’ house he is within running distance to his mother.

When he knocked on the door with a sobbing Changmin in his arms, he expected to face some heat from Yoochun and Junsu, but what he got was much worse- the realization that he just ruined his son’s birthday.

Flashback

When no one answered the door, Yunho turned the knob to realize the door was open. Inside, there was total darkness and Yunho could hear Changmin mutter something like ‘o god, I forgot.’ Yunho understood what he meant when the lights and four adults and a toddler jumped out yelling ‘Surprise.’ However, 3 out of the 5 faces darkened when they recognized Yunho.

“what are you doing here?” Yoochun gritted out. Yunho put down Changmin who stood in front of his father in a protective stance.

“uncle Chunnie, don’t hurt Appa.”

“don’t hurt him!” Yoochun looked incredulously at the boy, “I’m going to overlook the fact that you know him because this is more serious. You're actually defending that man!”

“Yoochun, you can’t deny Changmin his father. If it wasn’t for Yunho-ssi, Changmin would be asking for food with the tips of fingers to his mouth.” Heechul tried to intervene; having a good enough idea of what must have happened. Everyone was shocked at the revelation because no one had thought that 5 years ago, Changmin met his father finally breaking out his voice.

At that moment Junsu gasped, “Everyday, that older friend you would meet in the park, it was him!” Changmin and Yunho nodded guiltily.

“look Yoochun-ssi, I’m not here to stay. Changmin wants to be here because he doesn’t want to leave Jaejoong while she’s upset. If you don’t want, I’ll gladly take him-”

“what did you do to Jaejoong?” Yoochun yelled and the tense atmosphere finally took a toll on little Taemin who everyone had forgotten was there. The 2 year old started wailing from his place on the couch with the cake behind him on the coffee table.

“Changmin why don’t you take Taemin inside?” Siwon, the only one who had his senses about him urged to get the children out of the room. Changmin wanted to refuse, not eager about leaving his father at the moment but Yunho nudged him slightly towards the toddler so he had no choice. He took Taemin by his hand and went to Taemin’s bedroom. When the adults were heard the click of the closing door, they returned to their earlier course.

“before any of you start with criminalising Yunho-ssi, I’d suggest you’d give some thought to Changmin’s wishes.” Heechul spoke like a professional instead of a friend, “the boy needs his father and mother and it isn’t right for anyone else beside the three of them to sort it out Yoochun. Jaejoong and Yunho-ssi and Changmin decide what they want. You and Junsu can’t interfere.”

“I agree with Heechul.” Junsu said earning a disbelieving look from Yoochun. “think about it Yoochun. Changmin found his father himself. There’s nothing we can do about it. I know you are worried about them, but we have to respect whatever decision they make.” She came closer to her husband and placed a hand on his shoulder, “if Yunho is going to be a part of their life, it doesn’t mean we’ll love them any less, does it? Jaejoong and Changmin are our family.” Yoochun nodded and turned to Yunho who seemed to be more interested in the floor.

“I am warning you Jung Yunho. I won’t tolerate a repeat performance. Don’t you dare hurt any of them or I’ll give you more than the battered face your sporting.”

Yunho nodded, “I don’t intend to. I just need you to take care of them. I’ll leave now. Give my love to Changmin.” And Yunho walked to the door. Before he could open the door, a gentle voice stopped him.

“Yunho-ssi, do you want me to take a look at your face?” Siwon asked. Heechul was behind him in the distance. Yoochun and Junsu had picked up the cake and were taking it to the kids.

Yunho simply shook his head, “I’m fine. Thank you and Heechul-ssi, thank you for your help as well.” Heechul waved it off with a smile.

Yunho left the flat and walked to the elevator. While he was waiting for the elevator to arrive, he didn’t realize that hurried footsteps echoed through the corridor and made their way towards them.

“Appa!” Changmin called after him.

“Changmin, why did you come out?” in his heart, Yunho wished that Changmin would ask to go with him, but he pushed that selfish thought behind.

“Appa, you’ll come back right?” the child cried out. Yunho brought his child in his arms when he heard his broken voice.

“of course I will. I won’t make the same mistake twice.” He pulled away to wipe Changmin’s face, “don’t cry now. I promised I’ll sort this out didn’t I? Just go back and keep an eye on your Umma.” He fished out his phone from his pocket and handed it to Changmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter