Welcome to our Pangeran Inn!

The Seventh Nobody

"Welcome to our Pangeran Inn!" a tall man smiled widely to us. He wore a dark red shawl on his long neck. "I hope you enjoy our Village like Mr. Yang did."

"Mr. Lee, please call me as I told you so. I'm Yoseob. Yoseob. It's my father who is Mr. Yang " Yoseob protested. “I’m not that old … yet.”

The tall man laughed hard. "Call me Kwangsoo, then. I’m not that old, either."

We chuckled. We had heard about the owner’s of the inn from Yoseob. His name was Lee Kwangsoo, twenty seven years old. But, he looked much older, based on Yoseob’s perspective. Although honestly speaking, I thought that he looked just fine. What of him looked old?

"Sir Kwangsoo, then. We couldn't drop the honorifics." Hyunseung, as the oldest among us, moved his hand forward to shake his. "I'm Hyunseung. This is Junhyung, Gikwang, and the youngest among us, Dongwoon."

"I thought there are six people? Three rooms with double single beds, right?" Kwangsoo asked as he stared at Yoseob for confirmation.

Yoseob nodded and explained, "There is one other, but he will be here later today or early tomorrow."

"I see, I see. Come on, come on. I will show you the rooms. I bet that you all tired from your ride from Seoul.” Kwangsoo grinned as he lead us through the hall. “The weather is nice. Not too cold. Not too warm. We….”

‘The owner is quite a talkative person.’

I was glad we made it here. Just like what had been mentioned by Yoseob, the village was beyond beautiful. Everything was better in reality. The villagers were kind, too. Children waved at us when we arrived riding our car on the main road of the village.

000

“You said, the owner looks older. He is just fine, I think.” Dongwoon stated as he laid on my bed.

The five of us currently was in my room. I was roommate with Yoseob. The room was simple: two single beds, one bed table between Yoseob’s bed and mine, one sleeping lamp and a phone on the bed table, one double-door cupboard in the corner, and a table near the window with white drapery. Overall, I found the room cozy to sleep in.

“He was! It’s the mustache. Last week, he still kept his mustache. And believe me, he looked much older,” answered Yoseob who was already putting his clothes inside the wardrobe. The rest of us were not yet taking care of our own belongings.

“And…,” Hyunseung added, “…you didn’t say that he is sooo much tall.”

Yoseob shrugged. “I told you lot that he is tall.”

“It’s rare to find a tall person like him in Korea. Don’t you think he might become a model if he is in Seoul?” I asked.

Junhyung, who sat on Yoseob’s bed, finally voiced. “His face is of average. But, he has the height. If you seek a model based on the height only, I think it’s possible for him to model for something. But, if you are based on the face, I don’t think so.”

“But, there is nothing make-up can’t do.” Dongwoon responded.

“Why are we talking about the owner?” Yoseob asked lifting his brow. “You are interested in him?”

“Hell, no.”

“I’m still normal.”

“What the heck are you talking about?!”

“I have a girlfriend, you know.”

Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, and I stared at Dongwoon wide eyed, until we asked in the same time: “You do?! Since when?”

Dongwoon grinned with sly expression. “It’s been a week! Ahhh, it’s to be expected that I got a girlfriend earlier than you all. Despite me being the youngest, I have the most mature look.”

Junhyung threw a pillow at Dongwoon. "She has no idea who you are!"

"She does. That's why she asked me to go out with her. She found me adorable. Mature outside, young inside."

"It sounds like she is talking about her pet or something, Kid." Heungseung snorted. I agreed with him.

"Geez. Whatever you lot said. I'm still happy since I'm the only one with girlfriend here and not even Doojoon has."

Another pillow flied at the youngest of us all, courtesy of Junhyung.

"Tomorrow, after Doojoon arrives, we will go touring following the route I took before. Have you called him?" Yoseob asked.

Hyunseung nodded. "He will drive from Seoul later than expected. But, he will arrive here around midnight or after midnight. Just enough to rest a bit before touring."

"Okay. So the plan doesn't change. Mr. Haha will pick us up at around nine."

I nodded. "How many places did you go before?"

"Three places. In the morning, we will go to the farm, to milk the fresh cow milk. We could feed the calves, too. It's followed with taking eggs from hens. We need around three to four hours to finish all the work. After that, we go to the riverbank. It is the best place! Mr. Haha taught us how to get fishes! It will be pleasant!" Yoseob explained cheerfully.

"In every place, we will take pictures with six people, right?" Dongwoon asked.

"Mr. Haha will help us to take pictures. He did it before. And he is good in taking pictures."

I thought for a while before an idea came up inside my mind. "Hey, don't you think that Mr. Haha knows something? We could ask him if he know about her."

"He should know much about this village. And he is bound to answer our questions if we ask something." Junhyung supported me.

"I'm not sure. But, we can try. He is a native from this village after all," said Yoseob, unsure.

We would ask him. After all, asking was not something troublesome, right?

000

I sat down beside Junhyung. Apparently, there was a costum to have dinner together in the dining room for all guests in the inn. The dining room was wide with two long dining table, each had twenty chairs --ten pairs face each other. Currently, only five chairs were occupied by us from Seoul. Junhyung,Dongwoon, and I were in a row, while Hyunseung and Yoseob in the other row.

"Sir Lee and Sir Joon will join you in a while," an old maid said. Her face looked happy.

"Thank you, Auntie. I bet it's as delicious as before." Yoseob thanked the old maid. His eyes were already the foods served on the table.

The maid was glowing, seemed happier that someone compliment her cookings. "Sir Yoseob, you are too much. Do tell me if you want certain menu. I will cook it for you."

Yoseob grinned. "Of course, Auntie. The foods you cooked before, what was that? Ah, blah ... blah ... blah."

"Figure," Junhyung snorted.

I laughed. "No woman escapes the womanizer's charm."

"You all already here. I apologize for being tardy. I had something to take care." Kwangsoo arrived in the dining room with several folders in his embrace; tapping Auntie's shoulders lovingly while passing her.

"Smells nice, Auntie. You always surprise me with your cooking!" he added as he sat down in the end of the table.

"Those were the same cooking I always made you since five years ago!" Auntie finished with a laugh. She had a dimple on her right cheek.

Kwangsoo laughed. "You are so humble, Auntie."

I found myself smile. The owner and Auntie looked so much like a son and his mother. Seeing them like that, I felt a bit jealous. I was always loved, growing in a loving family, but seeing them, I couldn't help but feeling jealous. I'd call my mother later.

"Did you finish them?" Hyunseung politely asked, pointing to the folders Kwangsoo gave to Auntie.

Kwangsoo nodded. "I did. Thanks for asking. Ah, is Joon not yet here? He came inside before ... oh, nevermind." The tall man stood, welcoming someone, "Joon, there you are. We almost start eating before you!"

From the entrance, a man walked. His face was full of confidence. Somehow, my instinct told me that I would be best friend with this man. But, there was something buzzed in my head, prohibiting me to befriend him, that man—

"Hello, I'm sorry for being late. I'm Joon. Lee Joon."

—Lee Joon.

Like déjà vu, we replayed our introduction to Kwangsoo towards Joon. He was actually the same age with me. It was a surprise to me, especially with his mature look and how he brought himself, I thought he was a few years older, at least as old as Doojoon who is a year older than me.

"Come on, boys, dig in before the foods get colder. If you need anything else, just call me, okay?" Auntie said as she walked out of the dining room.

Thus, our first night in the Pangeran Inn ended with delicious foods prepared by Auntie. I was nervous, expecting morning to come and what was going to happen. I hoped that we could get her picture in first try.

000

To be continued

000

Here is the second chapter :") I hope it's to your liking. The next chapter will be the beginning of hunting :"3 By the way, if you are curious, this will end in 12 or 13 chaps ;D

Thanks for reading this fic. Don't hesitate to comment, subscribe, and/or upvote. Ah, and add me as a friend! I like making new friends :)