See? She is Here, Again!

The Seventh Nobody

"See? She is here, again!" Yoseob said to Hyunseung and Junhyung while pointing at a paper ... a photograph on Junhyung’s hand.

I stared at them for a while from the kitchen, was waiting for my noodle. They were currently in the dining room. Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Yoseob were sitting on the dining table. They came there after I was busy in the kitchen. I wondered if they even knew that I was here.

"Are you sure she was not there before? She may be there, but you just didn't realize that." Junhyung stated flatly and took a look at the other photographs scattered on the table one by one.

"It's impossible!" Yoseob insisted.

Hyunseung chuckled. "Impossible indeed. You know that Yoseob is such womanizer, right Junhyung? It's impossible for him to pass such beautiful girl."

"That's what I mea—"–Yoseob said supporting Hyunseung–"Hey, I'm not a womanizer!"

"Sure. And the Earth is not round." Junhyung rolled his eyes.

I shook my head, amused. Among the six occupants of this dorm, Yoseob was always one to tease. Even Dongwoon, who was the youngest among all of us, liked to . He was just quite easy to tease. That was the only reason … as well as his forgiving self. He was not easily angered. I myself sometimes , too. He was like the youngest, instead of Dongwoon, who was one year younger than him. Too much fun for teasing him.

I turned off the stove and put my noodle into a bowl. Taking a tray, I put the bowl and a glass of water before approaching the three of them.

As I drew near them, I asked: "What is it?"

"Oh, Gikwang, Yoseob is showing us pictures from his vacation," Junhyung answered me, before adding: “You were in the kitchen?”

I nodded as I put the tray on the table. I sat down beside him. “You mean the vacation last week?”

“The one he couldn’t stop talking about for about two weeks?" Junhyung asked me back.

I nodded affirmatively.

"Yeah. That one." He finally replied my previous question.

I took the photographs he offered and started looking from one to the others. From the tip of my eyes, I saw Hyunseung took my noodle –I warned him not to take too much. I was quite hungry myself.

“All of you should have join me in my vacation.” Yoseob started. “It’s fun to feel how villagers live. The village is a real paradise! You love taking pictures, right, Gikwang? There are countless beautiful spots. I felt like poem was gonna come out of my mouth! The foods are also delicious, super delicious. And fresh. Pangeran Inn, the inn where I stayed….”

I was listening to him while looking at the pictures he printed. I nodded once in a while to agree with him. The scenery was indeed breath-taking. There was a photo of a small river. It had clear water. There were small fishes swimming. The greenery was nice, too. Bushes grew on the sides of the river. I was sure, once the bushes produced flowers, the sides of the river would be far more beautiful. There was a fallen tree where Yoseob took a group picture of seven people.

One of them I recognized as my senior from campus, Simon D. I guessed that he was the one who asked Yoseob to vacation since they were indeed close. The other one was Simon D’s girlfriend of five years, Lady Jane. The rest ... I didn't recognize. Only a man of our age and three elders. And the last person—

—I saw a girl. "Yoseob, who is this?" I asked, pointing to a figure behind the other six people.

"Hmmm, who?" Yoseob asked back.

'What's with people asking me back every time I asked?!'

I was yet to answer when Junhyung cut me. "That was the girl he supposed not there but appeared on several pictures."

"She was not there!" Yoseob insisted.

"If she was not there, how could she be here?" –Hyunseung pointed at the pictures–"You meant to say that she is a … ghost?"

Yoseob frowned and said: "Not really. I don't believe that ghosts exist." He sounded skeptical.

"But, you do have a point, Hyunseung. She appeared only in the pictures with six people. She might be ghost." Junhyung stated his point of view.

"But—"

"You are right...." Hyunseung agreed with Junhyung.

I stared at the pictures with awe. The girl was beautiful. The most beautiful girl I ever saw. Her small figure and small face. Her hairs were long and braided. She was too clear, too beautiful to be a ghost. The only thing wrong there was the expression on her face. The sad face was not suitable for her. I want to see her smile. I imagined her to be smiling. She was beyond beautiful.

In the midst of my dormmates' arguments, I stopped them by saying: "Why don't we go there? You all still have two weeks off campus, don't you? Logically, if there are six people, the girl would appear, right? Just like these pictures. Let's prove your theory. She might be ghost."

"Going there … again?" Yoseob stared at me with his wide eyes.

I shrugged. "You said you found the village nice, didn't you? I guess you lied?"

"Heeey, of course I didn't lie. I never lied. She was not there. I didn't believe that ghost exists. But maybe ... maybe you all are right? She might be ghost after all...."

I grinned. "Good, so we will begin our hunt in three days?"

Junhyung gasped. "Why so soon? I have an important plan that day. I'm not going if you lot go that day."

"Hmmm. Let's go on the fourth day from today." Hyunseung suggested. "It's Tuesday and I think the highway won't be as heavy as on Sunday and Monday."

"It sounds logical," I commented.

"So, on Tuesday, that is." Junhyung confirmed which the rest of us answered ‘yes’.

"I will call the inn I was in to make reservation. How many rooms?" Yoseob asked.

"How many do you suggest?"

Yoseob thought for a while and answered: "It depends on who will go. Do Doojoon and Dongwan go with us? We could reserve three rooms, two people per room."

"I will ask them later. I will tell you if they come or not by evening." Hyunseung grinned.

"Okay. So, two people per room?"

The three of us nodded in agreement. After that, they stood and left me alone in the dining room, eating my noodle. It was almost cold and not as delicious as when it was hot. But, this didn't suppress my happiness.

"The girl must be not a ghost. I will meet her. I will definitely meet her." I slurped my noodle.

In my rib cage, I felt that my heart pumped more blood to my body.

Bathump. Bathump. Bathump. Bathump.

000

To be continued

000

Here is the first chapter :")

I hope you enjoyed reading, despite the grammar mistakes I'm sure scattered in this chapter. For any mistake in this chapter and future chapters, I apologize in advance.

Thanks for reading this fic. Don't hesitate to comment, subscribe, and/or upvote. Ah, and add me as a friend! I like making new friends :)