Hayoung

Mysterious Prolapse

"12th february 2014"

I started my diary. I looked at the clock. It’s 11pm. I yawned and finished writing my diary. After that I went to bed. I felt so sorry for Hayoungs parents. I remembered that Namjoo gave me her phone number. Should I phone her and ask her how everything is? I took my phone and called her.

“Eunji?”, said Namjoo with a sad voice. I could hear that she cried.

“How are you? What did the police say?”, I asked.

“Not fine. They said they’ll find out who the murderer was.”

“And Hayoung?”

“She’s…she’s dead.”, Namjoo sighed.

“Hayoung…” I sighed too. I didn’t know her as well as the others do but in these two days where we saw each other she was very nice to me and a very friendly girl.

“And do we have school tomorrow?”, I asked curiously.

“Somehow yes. The school isn’t save so I don’t get why they let students go there already. They should at least tell the kids in the first grade to stay at home for a week.”, Namjoo answered.

“Yeah…”, I said quietly.  “So ehm yes… I wanted to make sure if everything is alright. I guess not.”, I continued and sighed. “I’m quiet tired right now. Good night!”, I said.

“Good night!”, Namjoo said and hang up.

I put my phone next to me and sighed. What is happening?

 

It was the next day at school and only a few people came. Seems like their parents didn’t let them go to school after what happened. I told it my mom today in the morning. She didn’t want to let me go to school either but I begged so much that she let me but she told me to be careful.

In the break no one spoke. We all thought of Hayoung. “Ehm, did you know that our school is known for having pretty girls?”, Yookyung broke the silence. “Pfff…That rumor is just there because we’re only girls here in this school.”, said Bomi. “Well probably people have seen Naeun in our school often.”, said Namjoo and Naeuns head. Naeun chuckled and put Namjoos hand down. “What are you saying? Chorong is the beauty here!", Naeun said. Chorong wasn’t listening to the conversation and just woke up from her mind when she hear her name. “Uh, what?”, she said. “Chorong what were you thinking about?”, asked Yookyung in a serious tone. She knew what Chorong was thinking. We all knew it. “As if you don’t know.”,muttered Chorong and sighed. “Why would someone do something that cruel?”, she continued. “She was so young.”,Bomi said and sighed. There was silence right now until the bell rang. The next lesson was Korean Literature.

“Son Naeun, what are the four major traditional poetic forms?”, the teacher asked and looked at Naeun. One could hear someone in the class saying: “What an easy question!”

“Hyangga, Pyolgok, Sijo and…and..and…ehm.”, Naeun said. The teacher looked through the class and asked: “Who knows the forth one?”. Then she looked at me. “Jung Eunji, do you know the answer?”

“Kasa.”, I answered. The teacher nodded. Then she looked at the class. “You can’t forget that! These are basics!”, she said and some students rolled their eyes.

After school it was raining. I was on my way home. Suddenly I bumped into someone and fell on the wet ground with my bag. “I’m so sorry!”, apologized a male voice and helped me up. I looked up and it was a guy, how I expected. “You must be from Bunhong High.”, he said as he looked at my school uniform. “No and thanks for helping.”, I said and lied when I told him that I don’t go to Bunhong High. I don’t want to tell strange people facts about me.

The rain was pouring harder and I finally reached my home. I was totally wet and afraid to use my bag as an umbrella because I was afraid that my books will get wet. I drank some tea and went to do my homework. I looked out the window. The rain stopped but the sky was already dark.