Chapter 4: Final response

That one, that only

   It has been about four days since you last seen Jeesu. The thought of him wanting to leave so randomly, with no explanation, made you feel like you weren't wanted. Gazing out the window, you saw the night snow had already fallen from the sky. You also noticed the footprints displayed in the piles of untouched snow. The evidence of what you and Jeesu did that day. The day he chased you. The day he kissed you by choice. The thought made you blush once again as you noticed a car in the driveway. It was your mom. She came back from work as you looked at the clock and realized it was almost ten o'clock. You heard the key come from the frontdoor, so you ran to greet your mother from the hard day. 

"Hey Omma!!" you ran to hug her. It caught her by surprise. "Hey honey. How was your day?"

"It was confusing. How was yours?"

"Work was difficult today, but it was alright. Now I just want to eat and head to bed. Her immediate decision made you nod in agreement. You went back upstairs to your room to flop on your bed. 

~"What happened four days ago? Is his family back home? Does he like me? Ahh!" 

All of the thinking just confused you even more. "Why did he kiss me so randomly?" as you touched your lips. ~

His facial expression still remained in your memory. He looked as if he couldn't wait to do that. He looked somewhat satisfied. However, that all went away when he had gotten to the door. Out the blue, you heard the door ring from downstairs. Usually when people came, you would stay in your room, and that's exactly what you did. You knew it couldn't have been Jeesu since it had been four days already. You then heard just pure silent downstairs. Not a peep. You placed your ears on the door. Only low mumbles were heard. Assuming it was one of your mother's friends, you tried to restraint yourself from going downstairs. 

      Minutes went by. About ten minutes, but the way you tried to easdrop made it feel like forever. You really wanted to know who it was specifically and what they were talking about. All you could hear were mumbles through door. You were getting so impatient, so you plopped yourself on the bed once again and tried to think more. 

     ~"His kiss felt....-"~ The sound of your mother voice broke your brainstorming. "(Your name). Come down here!" she yelled from downstairs. The shout made you jump and tumble off to the floor just as you grunted and slowly walked to the door. Walking down the stairs, you stratched your head in confusion as to what she may have wanted from you since there was a visitor. "Mom, what happe-" your voice gradually became faint. You saw a guy with a black mohawk that was shaved off at the sides. He looked over at you in nervousness. 

~"Is that Jeesu?" you thought to yourself.~

You then glared at your mother in confusion. She nodded. "He wants to talk to you about something." she said. You then glared at the guy as you pouted. "What did you have to ask her?" you said in a jealous tone. He scratched his head a few times before speaking. "Uh...I had to ask your mother permission first..."

   You then realized it was Jeesu based on his voice. "Permission for what?" as you looked at your mother. The idea of him liking your mother made you worried. However, you knew that she was married and happily married at that. But just the thought he may like someone else, made you feel unstable. You were afraid of the answer, but you had to hear it. It was finally the time to hear the response in your face. Jeesu walked towards you with a nervous look. "I needed permission from your mother...you ask you on a date."

"What?" you thought to yourself. Jeesu looked at your mother in even more nervousness. Your mother smiled at you and walked into the kitchen. "I said yes by the way." she said while heading in there. Jeesu looked back at you. "I just wanted to know...if you liked me too."

"I...I do..." you said while blushing. The nervousness in your voice made him smile and proceed to hug you. "I care a lot for about you. I've been trying to show it for a long time. It is just hard for me. Plus, I didn't know if you liked me back."

    The response made you smile even more. "I did...I was nervous too." the replied made him smile and release you. You then looked at the clock. "Shouldn't I get permission from parents too?"

"Are you kidding? They have known since. They said for some reason that you were right for me. They saw us play together and that's one of the reason why they left. They wanted us to hang out more. They are home now."

  You continued to smile as you mother walked back in awkwardly."So what happens now?" she asked him. He smiled. "I'm taking her out on the first date."

"Where are we going?" you asked. He looked into your eyes. "Wherever you want to go."

"I want us to hang out on your pouch like the first we met."

"What?" your mother said confused. Without a second thought, you ran upstairs to get your coat as he grabbed his from your frontdoor coat hanger. When you got downstairs, he was already the door and your mom waved goodbye happily as she closed the door on the way out. He grabbed your hand and guided you through the glistening snow. His hand was warm.

When got to his porch, you sat down next to him like that day. This time it was winter and the sky was dark, but you felt safe around him. "Why were you gone for so long?"

"What?"

"I haven't seen you in four days. Why?"

"...I was helping my parents and I was trying to work up the courage to tell you how I felt."

"Oh..."

"Four days isn't that long...."

"I know...but it felt like forever..." you mumbled away from him. He heard every word. "Anyway, tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"How you feel."

He cleared his throat and looked at the snow covered trees. "Whenever I had a problem, you would listen. Whenever you a problem I would listen. And on the first day we met, I remembered when I touched your hand. It was by accident while I was singing, but now I'm glad I did. I like to see you smile. And..."

"..It's okay."

"That kiss..that day. It just sprung out of me. I don't know what happened. But I wanted to do that for long time. I just couldn't do it. Sometimes I feel that my heart comes out of me to show you how I felt, but not enough. But now I do." he finished. "Now...you tell me....about how you felt about me... or how you feel now..."

You shyied away for a moment but then decided to do as he wanted. "...I liked you ever since you sung to me that day. The song was beautiful. Part of me wished it was for me. I still don't know now. Maybe you just liked to sing. You sound great. I always couldn't wait to see your face. Whenever you weren't there, I would worried. You made my...I ...I don't know..." you finished. You glared back at a smiling Jeesu as he grabbed your waist like in the bathroom and moved you towards him. Next thing you knew, your head laid on his shoulder as you saw his breath brush through the air. Jeesu began to sing another song as you both looked straight. It was called 'butterflies'. The song was shorter then his usually ones but at the end, you understood why. 

"(Your name)-yo?"

"Yea?"

"That day when I sang to you, it wasn't directed towards you but to make you feel better..." he comfirmed. The answer made you slightly sad. "...but the song that I just sung. It was...it was for you.This time."