02

The City of Love

Dressed up in her gray shirt and black leggings, she topped it up with her favorite black aero jacket which was given to her by her brothers.

***

"SURPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EUNJAE" 

The blindfold was removed from Eunjae's eyes. She was amazingly stunned. 

"WOW. Oh my god thankyou guys." Everyone was here. Everyone of her friends, EXO, her brothers and her bestfriend, Joori.

"We figured out you'd want a little birthday party so... surprise!" Joori gave her bestfriend the biggest smile. Eunjae couldn't help but give her a hug as big as her smile. 

"Hey sis. We have a gift for you." 

Jongin and Jongdae approached her with a box in hand. 

"Open it." Jongin encouraged her.

"Thanks oppas!" Eunjae hugged her brothers and instantly wore the black jacket. Then one by one, everyone had started giving her gifts. 

"Thankyou guys. Really. I appreciate it." Eunjae was tearing up.

"Huuugsss!!" Before Eunjae could even move, Chanyeol had lifted her up and twirled her around.

"Oppa put me dooown!!" Eunjae was giggling happily. Just when she thought the hugs were over, someone-Tao, had shouted, 

"GROUP HUG!" 

Eunjae would never ask for more. This IS what she'd always wanted after all.

***

Eunjae smiled, happy to have remembered something happy for once.

She noticed that the roads and sidewalks had even more snow than before. She put on her beanie and black sneakers and when she was feeling warmer, she walked to the cafe. 

 

When she was nearing the cafe, she had suddenly slipped. She landed on the cold ground, bottoms first. Her legs were sprawled straight infront of her which made it even worse. People had started to look at her with little smiles tempting to show. Awkward and embarrassed, her cheeks reddened, both due to the cold and the embarrassment. She started to mumble incoherent words in Korean which turned out louder than she had expected.

 

"Wouldn't want people to think your crazy, now do we, princess?" 

 

Eunjae's eyes widened. Well, whose wouldn't? A guy, speaking her mother tongue had crouched down at her right side. Eunjae looked up and as soon as her eyes met his, her heart skipped a beat. And it skipped another beat as the totally, awfully hot stranger gave her a dimple-showing smile. She was awe-strucked by the perfection starring down at her. Heck, she had thought her brothers were handsome. 

 

'He's gorgeous.' She thought to herself. The guy gave her a sweet smile as he stood up, "Need a hand there princess?" Again, Eunjae blushed at the way he had addressed her. She grabbed his hand, not expecting to be feeling sparks, as he helped her up her feet. Eunjae's beanie had fallen into the snow but she was too embarrassed by the prescence infront of her to notice. 

"You're korean too?" Eunjae had asked hesitantly as she brused the snow off her leggings.

"China's my hometown but.. yeah. I'm Zhang Yixing by the way." Yixing handed out his hand for the second time and Eunjae had accepted it again. "Eunjae. Kim Eunjae."

 

Eunjae smiled which Yixing returned, showcasing his dimple. Eunjae looked over his shoulder and he saw Tricia entering the Cafe. 'What a timing Trish', she silently thanked Tricia but at the same time she cursed her for arriving early. She wanted to get out of this embarrassing moment but she didn't want to leave the hot stranger. 

"Oh! I have to go now. Thankyou Yixing-ssi!" Eunjae waved at him and started to walk away reluctantly.

"Wait!" Yixing's voice had stopped her. When she turned to look at him, he saw a hesitant look on his face.

 

"Uhhh.. will I ever see you again? I'd like to spend some time with someone from Korea. It's been a while and ummm.. yeah so... would you like to come with me? Me and my friends are going to stroll around. Then we'd head to the Eiffel Tower." Yixing rubbed the back of his neck, his dimples showing. Yixing had sensed her uneasiness.

"Umm if you don't want to. But you know.. i mean it is Paris. And there'd be lots to see...So maybe you'd like abit of an adventure..." 

 

"Yeah, so despite the fact that you ARE a complete stranger, I'd love to..." 

Eunjae disregarded her beating heart as a huge grin had once again appeared on his pretty face.

"Meet me here? Later 3pm."

"Sure." 

She waved and smiled at Yixing for the last time and headed to the cafe. Her heart was beating so fast that it hurts. She unconsiously placed her hand on her chest as heat made its way to her cheeks. He had made her heart go crazy.

 

She'd almost thought it was love. Almost. But no. It wasn't love, she had made it clear but her heart completely says otherwise.

------

The way she clumsily fell to the floor made Yixing want to scold her for being too careless. The way her cheeks had turned red the moment they met eyes, was something Yixing would never ever forget. He was too distracted by the angel infront of him. He had fallen in love-at-first-sight with the girl. And if she'd made Yixing fall in love with her in a matter of seconds, what more if they'd actually spent more time together? 

'We'd see later', Yixing thought with a smile. 

 

When he walked towards his friends, he felt something soft underneath his shoes. 

'This can't be snow.', he thought as he looked down. Yixing spotted a black beanie with gray stars. He recognized it. He remembered how it had fallen off her head the moment she slipped. Yes, he witnessed how she fell since his eyes were wondering around and it had landed on the girl. It made him wonder, how the clumsy girl had caught his attention all the way across the street. He was having his breakfast with his friends and seeing her fall made Yixing wonder if he really had control over his legs since it had brought him to her almost instantly, not caring if there were cars passing by. Yixing smiled to himself, picked up the beanie and brushed the snow off. How could he had forgot about it? Well, she did distract him.

Just when he was about to turn to where she had gone, he heard his friend, Alex call him. 

"Lay! Where are you going? And what's that? Oohh is that for me? It's so nice of you." 

 

Alex snatched the beanie and wore it. It made Yixing snap, "Hey that's not yours stupid. Don't touch it!" He quickly grab a hold of it.

"Geez. Chill man. Its not like I have something on my hair." Alex huffed and went back across the street. Yixing chuckled and then looked back at the cafe, 'maybe later then princess.' Yixing then walked back to the restaurant across the street, stuffing the beanie into his pockets.