The Time I Became 3

HEART of 3 WORLDS

I remember the lie, and it became mine to bear.

   (flash back)

   "Yoosh! We got this." Sanjaii turned to look at me. "Hey kid, this is your first time in the wastes of the Demon World, huh?"

   I swallowed not replying.

   "Oh, I see. Well-," He slapped me on the back, "don't you worry. I got your back. We'll take on hundreds of these robus ( the demon animals/creatures of the Demon World)!"

   I kept staring into the darkness in the forests trees, cautiously and aware. Red leaves and mostly burned trees that stood out as over exaggerated sized sticks.

   "U-understood!" I managed.

   It was getting darker.... Orange-colored clouds shielding the light of the three moons in the black sky. Still no movement. The only light I could see in the vastness expansion of my vision, was the light--or maybe it was just so white- of Sanjaii's boned- bird. His demon pet, named Chagrane( kag-rain). One of the species in the Demon World that has the ability to transform into a weapon. The boned- bird species, gairaa, transforms to the weapon form of a blade/sword. Also known as the "Katana-co"

   Sanjaii is a full fledged demon (my master and  family/friend). He's a sea demon. His special power as a sea demon is a connection with the waters. Like he understands the element. That's why I called him, Master Blue Element- he likes it. I've never seen it before, especially him using it. I still wonder if other sea demons possess power like that too.

   WHAM!!

   Pain ran up my legs.

   "Lukea!! Careful!!"

   I looked down, a demon creature was staring up at me... solid rock- colored eyes... It had the figure of a bat- earred fox. I saw my blood dripping from its 6 claws.

   'Six fingers?!' I thought.

   "These are ravgon demons!" Sanjaii informed.

   I tried to grin confidently, "Pah! Got it, thanks."

   With the extending Argot blade in my left hand, I leaned down to swing at the creature just as I felt another creature's presence missing my head and going overhead. I sliced the first creature in the middle of its side. After sliting a roubu, they burn away to ashes. This is why this forest is so burned up and known as a waste of ashes.

   The other creature that leaped over me, looked identical, but just more poofy. It also kept its beady green eyes on me.

   "Geez, what's wrong with these roubu things..? Staring probs?" Sanjaii laughed hard as the creature began to engage me. He dashed then flew over me in a jump. Claws pointing at my face. "Man!! This one has jumping problems!"

   Sanjaii looked over,"Yup! I forgot to mention they`re jumpers." Sanjaii grunted as he pushed away a black full grown figure to a tree.

   I looked up to see the demon still flying in midair. Then I heard something dash at me. ' A younger black fox!! It's all a decoy!' It swung at me freely, slashing its long grey claws in my face as if it was aiming for my eye sight. In an extremly fast movement, it managed to scar me just under my right eye, missing its original target.

   "Oh! Watch out they`re fast ones too!" Sanjaii noted.

   "Yeah!" I replied.

   It dropped down and scuttled back, fleeing. I looked up as the poofy fox in midair was already diving down towards me. It seemed to notice I saw it, and within an instant, the fox transformed to a iron arrow, and began falling even faster. My eyes widened,' No way! Another demon species that can transform into a weapon?!' My arms wouldn't move for a sec, my legs burried in the cold sand of the wastes. I stared...

   CLINK! I was pushed down and rolled over to an ash pile. *Cough cough!* I looked up, wondering what happened.

   Sanjaii stood over me, his blade in the falling fox's head. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, KID?!! I'm surprised that out of all the demons I've met, you're the only one who'd want to die here in the wastes with ashes! Not even a nice place to die...( mumbles). Oh yeah, they also have an excellent ability at instantly growing their famgs back." He threw the dead fox at another pile of ashes.

   I frowned and stood up, glaring at him,"Arghhh!! Of course I wouldn't wanna die here! It's crazy hot!! And you seem to be the one trying to kill me!! How many times has it been now that you've told me something really important about their abilities just right when my head's about to fall off?!! AND- !" Something forcefully strong smashed the sand right between me and Sanjaii. I blinked hard and flew.

   RRRRAAWLLL!!

   It was a sand demon mammoth, jurlochus( jur- lock- kus). My eyes widened even bigger. 'I can't believe what I'm seeing!! A huge mammoth demon!'

   I looked over to Sanjaii on the other end of the large hole the demon made. He gave me a tired look, sighing in complaint. He dashed and jumped over the hole that the demon had made stomping in between me and Sanjaii. He walked over to me, "Alright?" The demon kept yelling as Sanjaii helped me up. Which didn't help me stand any better. 

   "Thanks," I replied.

   I was surprised, the large over sized jurlochus just ignored us after it tried to stomp on us! It began to make its way to the opposite direction. I fast walked towards it angrily, "Hey you big lug!! Don't just walk away casually after you almost squash us to death like ants! YO!!"

   Sanjaii came up behind me," It's sad to see you waste your time. It was completely obvious to see that Mr. Jurlochus didn't even notice us from the start. Sure he almost killed us, but luckily he isn't focused on us."

   I looked at him, "Uhh... 'Mr. Jurlochus'?" I turned around, "Actually, it's not a bad name at all. It actually sounds like a name."

   Sanjaii sighed, "Uh, no..."

   I looked into the distance, "YO! MR! I'll fight you 'till the last creature (man. He just found it more accurate than "man") standing!! I'll wait to fight with you!! Until the last next time, Mr . Jurlochus!"

   Sanjaii frowned, "When'll he ever stop challenging any random speechless animal demon he comes across that isn't dead..?"

   Tmp! Tmp!

   Sanjaii looked ahead,"Well, we're here. So take your time."

   I opened my mouth, "OHH! Amazing sight!!" I grinned, "The Falling Waters of Age!!" I spun around, eyes gleaming,"Ooh ooh! Ooh ooh! Master Blue Element, is this the part where you show me the abilities of a sea demon with this waterfall?!!"

   He looked at me with a mocking silly face, then started cracking up,"Bwa hahaha! Nope! But I may just accidentally show you!! Gwaha!"

   I looked at him curiously," So, Master, you don't even know how to use the sea demon's ability?"

   Sanjaii frowned and flushed with embarrassment,"What? N-no! I just haven't done it in a while... " He looked away, stammering.

   I grinned, "HUH?? Is Master Blue now embarrassed?

   "WHA?!! Don't call me 'Master Blue'!!!! You ungrateful apprentice!!" Master Sanjaii growled. 

   All I could manage was,"HUH?!!"

   Sanjaii cleared his throat," Idiot apprentice, we're here for you to practice controling that Thorned Dragon demon in you. You are a spirit after all, Lukea... A crazy- I mean, a peaceful one, too. I'm sure it'd be easy for you." Sanjaii began to walk further into the water. " C'mon, the sooner, the better!" He just smiled and led the way.

   'Huh,' I thought, 'I feel like he's hiding something... '

   After a while climbing up an volcanic cliff, we finally reached what Sanjaii called the destination. Though it was just more volcanic rocks. I scowled," Oy, Master!!" I stretched out, my hands on my knees,"Why're we climb soooooooo *pant pant*... "

   Master just squinted at me. I squinted my eyes back, "Hold on. Give me a break... for a bit..." I collapsed. " Ugh...continuing.. I meant, why, so ... high... " I out, snoring.

   I could hear Master say," Forget it.."

   (Later that evening).

   I was half awake, "Uh... huh?" Opening one eye, I saw Sanjaii in only his pants, standing over the volcanic cliff- wait! The cliff was now filled with growing orange lillies!

   I laughed, "Wooooow! What an awesome view!!"

   Sanjaii turned around, cocking a curious eyebrow, "You okay... Lukea..?"

   My eyes widened with shock, "Gahhh!! Not you, you master!!"

   He gave me a depressed look, "Hah? Good. Lucky you I'm too tired to lecture your bad mouth..." He quickly turned away.

   I turned around talking to myself, "What a terrible sight to see first thing in the morning.... Bad enough for the Demon World. I would've rather seen a kerbadge (a flying mutant bat snake the size of 2 great white sharks. A leeche monster) stuck to me... Good thing I saw the lilies first." As I turned around I said, "Hope he jumps off that cliff..."

   SPLISH!  I slowly turned around, " Master?" He wasn't there. "GAAAAHHHH!! I'm sorry Master Sanjaii, I'll die in the wastes without you!!"

   Tmp Tmp. " Gosh, Lukea. What's with all the yelling and begging?" I turned around to see Master Sanjaii soaked in water.

   I sighed in relief thinking,' So, he just went for a early swim- IN FREEZING COLD WATER?!!' I drop my jaw at him, then with my guard up I scowled hard at him.

   " What now~?" He complained.

   I scowled harder, " NO WAY!! I AIN'T GONNA SWIM IN COLD WATER FOR MORNING TRAINING!!"

   He surprisingly did'nt look mad. He made no expression- then suddenly put on his CREEPY SMILE!! I dashed away without thinking to the farthest bush of some white berries. Sanjaii grabbed a hold of my hair in an instant and swished me around facing him. Face to face he stared into my soul! His amber eyes on me..."Little boy!! You trying to poison yourself with razen laurel berries??!"

   'How does he know all these names... ?' He leaned in closer, his face darker... He scares me, knowing I'll reply to him if he locks his scary eyes on me." YESSIR!!"

   He looked at me questionably, "You'd rather poison yourself than do training exercises? Interesting... you're stronger when you're desperately scared."

   I swallowed, "I-I mean, no sir no sir! I'll do the training!!"

   He grinned leaving his eyes off me, "Heh, good. Let's go!"

   I clenched my teeth and shut my eyes shivering, 'How'd he get that one out of me?! This hypnotizing guy! I'll get him back for sure!' Depressed now,' I should've just stuck to poisonious berries!!' I opened my eyes to reality, Sanjaii's scary face stared down at me again!!

   His face getting darker, still grinning, "Yes, yes. White laurel berries do suffocate you, along with starvation... Oh, don't forget the acid poison.. "

   I bit my lip... " Y-yeah, yessir!!" He smiled again, then left again... I sighed. *PHEW~*

   We made our way down half of the cliff. We finally made a stop about 21 miles to the giant waterfall of The Falling Waters of Age ( the name of the entire place).

   I was so full of joy, I almost cried," Yes! Green! To think I'd be able to see normal green trees again! This is probably the the only place!! And we've found it!!!"

   Sanjaii sighed, "Don't be so excited..."

   I gleamed," Wow~ I can see that waterfall all the way from here!"

   Master smiled to himself," Yes, that is where my friend Mioju and I once trained together, trying to control the demons in us."

   I turned to him," Uh-huh... "

   He took step by step, walking over to what looked like a old smoldered camp fire. As if it was rained on day after day. "Master.. ?"

   "Sit down."

   I kept my eyes on him, 'Oh no..., he's in serious mode...'

   He tilted his head to the right, "Good job back there. Those are ravgon demons. They're also robus who can transform to a certain type of weapon. In this case, a solid metal arrow. They used to be main pets of the Cragoone Herd ( the team name of the guardians in protection of the Demon World's doors). " He looked up," Hmm... I may not be old- looking physically, but my mind is like a grandpa's..."

   I smiled and snorted at that comment, "Can't agree with you more, but I only wished that you were more mature in the mind, Master."

   He looked at me ticked," Hah, speak for yourself, my reckless apprentice."

   I grinned, waving my hand, " Just kidding~. Continue, continue~."

   He sighed with pain, " Anyways, if I can remember clearly, back then, when each of the planets began to wage war, the war called, Beated Heart. The Cragoone Herd used bows and arrows. What you were fighting back there was a male ravgon, the arrow of solid metals. The bow the warriors used, were the female ravgons, forms of the females were white- shelled bows."

   I felt hopeless trying to catch onto the history. "Sounds interesting." I thought about it for a moment,' If it was a female one, I would've just been attacked by a flying bow with no arrow. Just how unlucky am I?'

   Sanjaii smiled at my expression, and continued, "But-"

   " Wait wait wait! You're not just making this up right, Grandpa? I don't ever remember knowing anything about a war between the 3 worlds."

   Sanjaii had the expression that read, here- comes- the -nicknames-. He cleared his throat," If you'd just let me explain earlier!! I was about to say that the war was advoided because the 3 worlds came to an understanding."

   "Hmp! Seems about right," I cleared up.

   He sighed again," Okay, it's dark. Hurry and spread the tent so I can put on the barrier. You don't want the Oka Gao sniffing us out at this time of night, it's dark! "

   " Okay, sir!" I turned to my pack that I had set a few feet away. I unpacked then returned to Master. " By the way, what's a... okagao... ?" I said, sweating.

   Sanjaii grinned at me,"Oh! Ha! Ha! It's just a silly name I randomly came up with for a certain creature that likes to roam around these parts of the cliffs."

   I looked at him, completely unconvinced, 'So, it's just a silly name you randomly came up with for a certain creature...' I frowned at him.

   I unsteadily set up tent while he started fire with large rocks. My attention went back to the tent right when a pole came straight down on my head, "GAAH!"

   Sanjaii laughed," Need help?"

   I glared at him tired, "Not from you, you'd end up hitting both our heads!!"

   He walked over, not changing his expression, while I regretfully and sarcastically thought, 'I just hit the jackpot didn't I... ?' I shut my eyes tight, held my head with both hands, and braced for impact.

   "Here, move over, I'll take over, clumsy 14 year-old." He set up camp in a flash. He grinned at me, bragging.

   I looked away, "Whatever, I could've managed if you didn't give up on me so early."

   " Hah, you can snooze around here somewhere until I finish with the barrier." I started towards a log to rest my head on. "Although we could've been sleeping by now if some kid hadn't taken his time!"

   I ignored him and continued further into the trees- altough there wasn't much to hide in.

   " Where you going?"

   I waved a quick hand, "Bathroom."

   "Don't get lost now," he teased.

   "If you're a good enough master, you've ought to be able to find me in this wide open waste."

   " 'Kay then."

   I stopped at a very small creek. "Ahh~," I sighed. " So tired~." I looked up, the night sky was still black like last night. Except for light blue streaks of clouds in the cold. I shivered a bit just looking back and thinking about it.

   On the way back, I found Sanjaii dead asleep in the tent which left me stranded outside sitting in the murky acid rain. "Ugh! What kind of adult abandons a child in acid rain?" Since I can't get inside the barrier without the caster, I went over to large boulders to take shelter and sat in the corner bummed out. It didn't usually rain in the Wastes, and I'm glad for that, because the only rain was acid. But I guess I got unlucky again tonight. 

   I suddenly thought of home. Sanjaii once told me all about spirits.  He explained how spirits are able to change appearance, but only into something already existing, so it didn't matter how old you were as a spirit. But he told me that spirits when born don't learn how to change appearances until they become more aware, and naturally they age themselves. That was a power the other worlds found suspicion of. Then, I'd still never try to use the ability. Spirits were also capable of taking over bodiesin which they share control of one's body and the dominating soul is the stronger one. But there is always a risk, and that is if you're the weaker soul you may become trapped in the body though you can always escape a body before later. The weaker soul will have little to no control depending on how strong the dominating soul is. If trapped, both souls will only be released when the body has died and failed it's systems. Although these types of spirits will be extracted and placed into the seven Spirits in the Ring- seven rings orbiting the Spirit World made of spirits passed.

   At four, Sanjaii told me that I was a orphan lotus spirit, that when spirits give birth it's more like a physical split in which the mother pulls out a portion of her in which it becomes the baby. Therefore spiritual birth is dangerous and risky. Any female spirit has the ability to make a child, but the younger the more dangerous and certain death. The main reason female spirits may need a male counterpart is due to the natural partnership in which naturally during birth a male can actually help support and comfort the female during birth, supporting their life, and supressing the risk. I was told my mother died giving birth to me due to her young age and my father permitted Master Sanjaii's taking me in. Because I was born strange being part of all three worlds, I would guess that my mother did not die solely on the reason that she was young, but that I was a child that required more than the average baby. Father believed it best for me to go, learn, and be trained under the sea demon Sanjaii. We stayed in the Spirit World until I was four. We then left to Sanjaii's home world, the Demon World. I've stayed here since, still learning little by little about demons and Sanjaii's own. He had adopted two twin boys too. He left them in the hands of his loyal friend, Katea (kat- tay-yah), a lady his age. I couldn't even remember my dad, nonetheless my mom, but from the time I can remeber I've thought of Sanjaii my dad.

   At age six, Sanjaii took me to the Magician's World to train where he secretly trained me in his magician friend, Kuraka Adais's, house. Soon he enrolled me in the magician school as part of our undercover. My undercover name was Raegh Sasef. The first day it turned out I was a wizard when I accidently turned a bully- he bullied my younger twin brothers-  into a clown fish when he grabbed me. We all had screamed our heads off,  ran to the bathroom for water and a vase, then threw him in before he died. Being in big trouble, I was given my current nickname, Heart of 3 Worlds. The bully's parents advoided me, and under protection was sent to the Magician's World to turn their son back to normal, just to find out later that the caster has to be brought along.

   Going through all the trouble of turning into a white macaw then turning back to human with him, we were finally able to turn back to normal. Not to mention, they had to study me. While all the three worlds learned of my title and the Spirit World kept my name secret, I think it was just to make themselves seem more superior to the worlds. I never really thought about it though.

   W were forced to stay in the Magician's World longer than planned. The Magicians learned I was a Lotus spirit, thorny devil demon, and now one of the rare Magicians able to use limbs for magic, instead of having wands. They had told me it was from their world history, the Chlchario ( kla- kario ), magicians back then were able to just use their limbs for magic from their will. Although I was still given the wand named, STATE of 3. I stayed there for 2 yrs. as a magician. I then left back to what I then recognized as my real home, the Demon World.

   But right when we got back, Sanjaii Master told me we now needed to train in the wastes. I was nine then, when we left, and it poured acid rain too. It's been at least 5 months now. I'm worned out.

  After thinking about all that's happened, I pass out.