[2/2]

Latched

Their dance rehearsal just ended twenty minutes ago but the rest of them still stayed back letting their bodies relax after moving around so much that the sweat had already started to soak through their thin clothes.

Their bodies that was currently coated In a thin layer of sweat was a call for a nice refreshing drink to replenish their dehydration to bring their energy back despite their heats running a mile in a minute.

 

After thirty minutes doojoon, yoseob and junhyung had left the dance studio, doojoon and yoseob racing against the other on who would get to shower first tagged along by junhyung who didn’t like being sweaty at all and that he needed to go work on something in his studio later on.

The other three bid their goodbyes to them as kikwang proposed to hyunseung on repeating their dance routine again just to be sure that he did it right.

The two dancers were synchronised within every beat in the song, their bodies moving smoothly yet sharp and accurate. Kikwang had asked dongwoon if he wanted to join in but the maknae declined politely as he preferred sit with his back against the cold mirrored wall, it never failed to amaze him how well the both of them can dance together especially while he was completely drained.

The song came to an end; kikwang was stretching out the kinks around his arms and neck right before he drank his water bottle while hyunseung went and sat next to dongwoon.

“Ah, I feel so icky right now.” Kikwang’s face contorted in disgust.

“Well maybe it’s because you’ve been dancing?”

Kikwang childishly made a face at the maknaes remark as he went off to the side of the room to collect his belongings.

“Well I’m gonna go and take a shower before all the hot water gets used up again.”

“Alright, see you at home hyung.”

“Don’t stay here too late.”

The sound of the door closed leaving only dongwoon and hyunseung left in the room.

 

As soon as kikwang had left hyunseung groaned out loud as he dropped his head onto dongwoon’s shoulder.

“I am so tired and I don’t want to do anything but just sleep.”

“At least shower before you sleep hyung.”

“Too tired.” Hyunseung whined moving over to lay his head on dongwoon’s lap. The maknae stretched out his lanky legs to avoid them becoming numb.

“I’d thought you’d go home already with the rest.”

“Why you don’t want me here? That hurt my feelings seung hyung.” Dongwoon pretended to be hurt pouting at hyunseung.

“Hush you know what I meant.”

“Well maybe I’m just too tired to move as well.”

 

But the thing was dongwoon purposely stayed behind because he knew how hyunseung would always be the last one behind as the eldest worked himself right to the bone effortlessly dancing away to his heart’s content. Dongwoon admired that a lot.
He admired the way hyunseung would put his best in everything he did no matter how tired he was, even though this was the person who once couldn’t tell the difference between an umbrella and an elephant when he was younger.

Dongwoon had always observed his hyung from afar and seeing hyunseung pushing himself to the brink of his limit had scared him a few times but he had faith in his hyung.

Out of everyone dongwoon had and will always admire hyunseung the most.

The both of them were just silently seated where they were none of them talked, it wasn’t like the silence was thick and awkward it was one of those silence were both parties are comfortable with each other without saying anything, the only sound that could be heard was the distant ticking of the clock hung at the other side of the wall and the rhythm of each other’s breathing.

Gentle fingertips were brushing his fringe off to the side only for them to be swept back in front of his eyes.

“Your fringe is getting long, you should trim them soon.”

“Yeah, I’ll try to get them trimmed sometime this week.”

Hyunseungs hand had retreated and fell onto his stomach as watched dongwoon rake his fringe back with his long fingers.

“Your fringe is also long too are you gonna trim them a well?”

“Nah I don’t mind them being long.”

It was dongwoon’s turn to run his fingers through hyunseungs silky hair, he was surprised by how soft and healthy it looked  and felt despite the numerous colour changes throughout the years. Running his fingertips against hyunseungs scalp he watched as the eldest leaned into the touch with his eyes unconsciously closed while he was doing so.

 

The maknae exploded in laughter; he had suddenly imagined hyunseung with cat ears twitching on top of the others head. Maybe hyunseung was a cat in his past life judging by the way he was being reminded him of one.

“What’s so funny?” both eyes open wondering what dongwoon was laughing about, the confusion evident on his face.

“It’s just that you reminded me of a cat for a moment by the way you were acting.”

Hyunseung scoffed at the maknae turning on his side so that he was facing the others stomach, “I’m not a cat.”He mumbled to himself, he brought dongwoon’s hand back to the top of his head indicating of the other to continue on.

Dongwoon smiled at how cute hyunseung was being, hyunseung was curled around dongwoon silence soon fell upon them again.

The maknae still threading his fingers through hyunseungs hair for a while checking the time he saw as it was almost seven, hyunseung looked so calm and peaceful when he was asleep and dongwoon didn’t want to disturb that moment.

The both of them should be heading home soon not to mention that they still needed to take a shower, but seeing hyunseung relaxed like this he thought otherwise.

It wouldn’t hurt to stay a little longer.

Once they arrived home all the hot water was already used up to which hyunseung blamed dongwoon for not waking him up earlier.

 

 

Maybe dongwoon could comb his fingertips through hyunseungs hair often just to see his hyung relaxed more under his touch.

 

 

 

He was at it again.

 

Junhyung had holed himself up in his studio trying to rack his brain to finish off one of his composed work, but everything he had been doing didn’t seem right or fit in with the flow in his own eyes.

It was frustrating it had been two days; two days and still he wasn’t remotely happy with his work. Junhyung was so close into just clawing his hair out of his scalp at the moment and just trash everything around him, his once organised studio of his was now overflowed with numerous lyrics sheets filled with never ending words most of them were harshly scribbled out with a pen or were crumpled up into a ball on the floor, empty cups of coffee were found in almost every corner of the room.  He just wanted to get this over and done with and junhyung was determined to finish this off today no matter what. Exhaling deeply he threw his head back and buried his face in his palms why was this taking so long.

 

“Well you look like you’re having fun.”

 

Junhyung swivelled around in his chair as he came face to face with hyunseung, which surprised him the most since he ever rarely visits him while he was working.

“What’re you doing here?”

“Well maybe it’s because you’ve been here for two days without contacting the others.”

He turned to the side looking away from hyunseung, it didn’t hit him yet that he had been in the studio for that long. Junhyung gazed at the floor seeing it littered with various sheets majority of them were crumpled up or stained, so much for saving trees. Hyunseung carefully manoeuvred his way to the sofa plopping down while setting two plastic bags on top of the table, the smell of pizza filled the air.

“You brought food?”

“Knowing how you’re a workaholic I bought pizza and some beer on the way here.”

Just hearing the word pizza made junhyung stomach cry out in hunger in an instant when was the last time he ate anyway? He watched hyunseung take out the pizza box with their drinks with a few snacks setting them out on the table.

“Are you just gonna watch me eat all of this or what?”

Junhyung got up and sat next to hyunseung who handed him a slice of pizza for a while the both they ate in silence indulging them in the cheesy goodness.

“How’s the work progress going?” hyunseung asked reaching for another slice.

“I’m barely getting anywhere at this point” he paused taking a sip of his beer “I can’t seem to be happy with whatever I add on to it.” Junhyung leaned back on the sofa he could almost feel his hair turning white from all the stress, hyunseung eyed the youngest carefully the eye bags were dark and marked on the others face.

 

“Why don’t you just take a break?”

“I can’t, I told myself I would get this done today without any break.” He answered sternly.

“Not even a ten minute break to go outside in the fresh air?”

“Nope”

Hyunseung frowned at junhyung’s answer; he didn’t like the way junhyung was forcing himself to finish his work no matter what but this was how he was. Stubborn.
He would argue with the youngest ranting about how he should be taking a break every once in a while instead of struggling in a dead end, he remembers the one time their biggest argument that the both of them had was over a cereal box. And he did not want a repeat of that mess again.

Junhyung stuffed the pizza crust in his mouth before he got up and returned back to his seat in front of the computer with his beer held in his hand.
His eyes already set glaring at the screen in front of him; after hyunseung had finished his drink he used the plastic bag to put away all the rubbish he followed junhyung footsteps and sat next to him on the spare chair.

“Well, I could help you if you want. Like give you feedback of your work.”

Junhyung stopped for a moment, having feedback was always helpful especially when you have another person to view your work from another perspective. He nodded taking his headphones from the side of the monitor and handing it over to hyunseung who gladly accepted it.

 

He couldn’t help but feel nervous.

The youngest watched as hyunseung listened to his track, he could faintly hear the repetitive beat from where he was. The longer he watched hyunseung he noticed that he was slightly nodding his head along to the rhythm, what if hyunseung didn’t like it? What if he thought that it was complete garbage and a waste of his time? Wait why was he even getting paranoid in the first place this was only hyunseung listening to it and not some prestigious top notch producer.

After the song had ended hyunseung had taken off the headphones putting them on the side, he looked at junhyung with a warm smile.

“I like it so far especially the way the instruments contrast each other highlighting the lyrics.”

Junhyung secretly exhaled at the small praise, “thank you, do you have any suggestions on what I could improve on?”

The eldest thought for a moment with his head tilting to the side.

“Yeah actually around here I think” hyunseung pointed at the screen “the transition of this part, try removing the heavy beat and replacing it with something lighter if that makes sense.”

He took note of the advice and tried adjusting the track; he replayed the track as the both of them listened to it again. The tips of his lips curled up in approval, it actually worked and he was way beyond happy yet at the same time it amazed him how one tiny detail could make a big difference.

“Does it sound better to you now?”

Junhyung beamed in delight, “it definitely does, and can you also have a listen to some of my other tracks too?”

Hyunseung mirrored junhyung’s smile.

“Sure.”

 

Throughout the night junhyung and hyunseung exchanged ideas and suggestions upon the many tracks, halfway through the both of them even jokingly composed their own tracks with hyunseung bursting into fits of laughter in the recording booth as junhyung exploded in laughs too while listening to the other.

It was 3:54am.

Junhyung was sat in his seat carefully listening to some of his composed tracks over again to find out if there was anything else he could do, “hey seung what about at this part do you thi—“ he paused midway in his sentence when he found hyunseung asleep on his shoulder no wonder he became silent a few minutes ago.

He let out a small smile watching hyunseung sleep for a moment, junhyung couldn’t let him sleep like that through the night otherwise he would wake up with a stiff neck (he knew from his own experience).
Carefully standing up he looped his arm around hyunseungs upper body and wrapped hyunseungs arm around his neck, he slowly but cautiously walked hyunseung over to the sofa.

With his free hand he swiftly took a couple of pillows setting them before laying hyunseung down slowly on the sofa making sure that hyunseung wouldn’t fall off, after he made that he sure he looked over to the side finding his blanket that he mostly used for whenever he decided to sleep over at the studio.

Covering hyunseung with the blanket he also made sure to take off the others shoes for hyunseung making sure that he would get a comfortable sleep after finally making sure that he would be snug under the blanket, junhyung decided to get back to the computer where his work awaits for him.
He bent down gently sweeping a couple of hair strands behind hyunseungs ear before he got up.

 

His wrist was suddenly caught surprising junhyung entirely; he could hear the quiet sounds of inhaling and exhaling repeating again and again.

Hyunseung was clinging onto his wrist unconsciously in his sleep. junhyung had tried to retreat from the grasp multiple times only for hyunseung to mumble in his sleep pulling junhyung closer to him, seeing that he was going to be like this for a while until the other wakes up he figured that he might as well sleep too since there was no chance of him getting back to work.

Skilfully taking off his own shoes junhyung lifted the blanket up with his free hand and climbed in next to hyunseung, the hand that was handcuffed to his wrist slipped down and was now gripping his shirt. Junhyung shuffled closer to hyunseung just so he wouldn’t end up falling off the sofa while he slept.

Something ignited within him.

Hyunseung’s face took him back to all those sappy love songs that he had heard, it was cliché but the eldest facial features represented them and junhyung was itching to jot down the notes that were filling up his head fearing that they would disappear the next time he woke up.

However it looks like he wouldn’t be able to do that too judging by his current situation, junhyung hoped that they would still be lurking around until he wakes up shifting a bit more he draped his arm around hyunseungs torso.

 

Just in case he was to fall down he would surely bring the other down with him.

 

 

Maybe junhyung could have hyunseung around him more while he work just so he could be inspired by just looking at the other.

 

 

 


I don't really have an excuse on why this took so long but I hope the long wait for this was worth it for you! (゜▽゜;)

on a side note omf so many releases going on theres bangtan and then theres winner and then theres me cyring m y eart out because i cant keep up atyunbvftyfgh. Also I finally got around to watching 'let's eat' where doojoon is in it and omg it's literally delicous food shoved in your face most of the time and the drama is defintely worth the watch!! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Thank you for reading!

p.s - anyone noticed what I linked about the members to hyunseung?