Best Birthday Present

The best present ever

    

Best Luck (It's Okay, That's Love OST) by Chen of EXO (M)

 

  

 [A/N] The first video is just the song 'Best Luck' and the second video is the official music video (I  am not sure if it's really the official music video, so yeah... ^^') ^^ And as I said, it's a song-shot,  haha  :D oh and btw, there are two songs in it ^^ but it's just a little part of Don't Go.. So, red will  be the lyrics of 'Best Luck' (look above) and blue will be the lyrics of Don't Go of EXO ^^ And listen to Chen's OST while reading! :D

Once again, happy reading to you all! :)


 

~Chen's POV~
 

It was a sunny day. Or rather afternoon, to be exact. You could say it was a perfect day. Yep, August 1st is indeed a perfect day. Well, in my opinion at least. Today is the birthday of someone who is very important to me (I mean it). I really love her, my girlfriend, Park Eunmi. The most beautiful and nicest girl in the world.

I checked if I had everything that I needed with me. My phone, my keys, my earphones and the probably most important thing in my life right now. You know, that certain thing.

I stepped out of the dorm and pulled my keys out of my pocket to lock the door since the other members were outside right now. As soon as I was outside, the sun greeted me with a bright smile and I smiled back. Well, hello to you too, dear sun. I wandered around for a while, wondering what I should do to kill some time, and enjoyed the nice weather since it had rained continuously the past few weeks.

I could see children, maybe 6 or 7 years old, playing happily with each other. There was an old couple as well, sitting on a bench peacefully while cuddling with each other.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted the old couple cheerfully with a smile, slightly bowing, as I walked past them and they even greeted me back with a nod and a smile.

 

My arms swung back and forth as I walked. I listened to EXO's Peter Pan [M | K] and hummed along the melody while smiling. I was in a pretty good mood today, eh?

After the song finished, I decided to call Eunmi and pulled my phone out of my pocket just to dial her phone number. One ring, two rings, three rings and...-

"Yoboseyo?" the familiar voice which was at the other end of the phone said. "Ahh, babe~ Can I come now instead of coming later? I'm kinda bored right now," I told her. "Sure, why not. My parents left earlier than I had expected. And there's still some cake left.. Is it just you who's coming or are the other EXO members coming along too?" Eunmi asked.

"Nope, it's just me. The members are busy right now. They'll come later on. Or do you want them to come now?"

"No, no, no, no, they're busy, no need to disturb them then. See you in a few minutes, I guess?" she said in a questioning tune. "Yeah, see you in a few minutes then. Love you~" I sang the last two words. "I love you too, Jongdae oppa," she told me.

I love it when she says she loves me. It makes me happy every time. And today is no exception.

-

To be honest, I already stood in front of her door and rang the doorbell. At the thought of seeing the probably most important person in my life again, I smiled unconsciously. And just when the door swung open, the smile on my face even widened. It revealed everything that I have longed for the past weeks. What I couldn't see due to schedules.

That face, that curly hair, those chocolate brown orbs, her pink lips. Just her. I have missed everything of her. And now she was right in front of me.

"Eunmi-yah," I said softly as she slung her arms around me and I hugged her back and rested my chin on her head. "Oppa... I missed you..." she whispered. Again I smiled and whispered back, "I missed you too, babe." What? I'm just stating the facts.

"By the way, happy birthday, Eunmi," I congratulated her and placed a kiss on her forehead as I stepped into her apartment, with her still in my arms.

 

She led me to the kitchen (which was sort of unnecessary because I knew her house like the back of my hand) and told me to sit down, what I did. I sat down and pulled her on my lap so that I could backhug her easily (what I, of course, did). Out of curiosity I asked her, "How have you been these days without me?"

Eunmi turned around, looking sort of confused, and stared into my eyes as she answered, "I've been good but it was boring though without you. Why do you want to know that?" "Uhhm... Maybe because I care for my girlfriend named Park Eunmi? And I'm curious as well," I replied honestly.

Then I rested my chin on her shoulder, my chin's favorite place.

 

Silence...

And guess who broke that silence? Yep, you're right. It was none other than myself, the great Chen, haha. Just joking.

"Baby, do you want to go on a date with me?" I questioned and waited for her answer.  Which wasn't exactly an answer or any sort of reply but rather a counter question: "When and what for?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I answered both of her questions, "Maybe now. If you want to. Besides, I know that you're bored and I'm bored too - that's why I came here earlier than planned. And I would like to remind my dear girlfriend that it is your birthday today, just in case you didn't know that. Plus, we haven't gone out for a long time... Just think of it as a birthday date... or as a birthday present."

Okay, well, I didn't come earlier because I was only bored. As a matter of fact, I had to accomplish my mission. Heh.

After a few minutes of contemplation, she finally said something. "Yeah, right. You have got a point there, my Chen Chen... We haven't gone out for like, ages! But what's more important, Chen Chen, since it is my birthday... didn't you buy me a gift?"

She asked me if I bought her a present? Hah. Of course I did that. That's kind of a dumb question, don't you think so? I mean, what kind of boyfriend are you if you didn't buy a birthday present for your beloved girlfriend? A bad one, right?

I decided to (I liked teasing her, haha) and made up a lie, "Uhh. Noo, actually.. uhm... I didn't know what you buy for youuu... Mianhae, Eunmi-yah... Just think of the date as a birthday present, okay?"

God, did I already tell you that she's just too cute when she pouts? No, I didn't? Oops, my bad then. Now you know. "Aww, don't be sad, babe. I'll buy you something nice on our date~ I promise, Eunmi-yah!" I said as I gave a little peck on her neck from behind.

"Okay, but I get to choose what I want," Eunmi pouted again, which was still cute (in my opinion at least). "Whatever you want, my princess. And now, get dressed first or do you want to go outside when you are still in pajamas?" I and stuck my tongue out. "Yaaaah! Kim Jongdae!" my girlfriend exclaimed and slapped me on my right arm. While rubbing the spot where I got hit, I told her that I was just joking and pulled her towards her room afterwards.

Now we stood in front of her wardrobe. Yes, I was going to choose her outfit for our date because every time we went on a date, she would ask me what to wear since she could not decide. Hence I was the one to choose what she wears.

I took out a dark red dress, which even had ¾ sleeves and a black waistbelt. It was the dress that I bought her a long time ago. I still think the color suits her.

(If it's out of focus or if it doesn't work, click here and look at the red one! :D) I told her to wear the dress along with simple black high heels. I also told her to wear light make-up.

Eunmi shooed my out of her bed room to get dressed and when she came out aga...- Oh. My. God. Please. Kill me right now.

I didn't even notice that my jaw had dropped. Gorgeousness (in person!) stood in front of me. I was stunned. Literally.

A blush slowly crept up to the cheeks of Eunmi and she looked downwards and stammered, "H- How do I-I look?"

I was not able to say anything, until my perplexity disappeared on its own and freed my tongue. "Yah. Park Eunmi," I said as I slowly approached her. Her expression was a little... nervous? Why was she nervous? There was no reason to be nervous, was it?

I carefully placed both of my palms on her waist and pulled her close to me so that I could look her in the eyes better. "Babe, you look... I don't know if this is even describable. Gorgeous? Noo, underestimated. Stunning? Far beyond that. Jagi, you're b-e-a-utiful but that's still understated..." I complimented her with a tender voice.

"Thanks, oppa," she merely whispered. I took her hand into mine and led her to the door right after Eunmi got all the things she needed, such as her phone, purse and so on.

"Chen Chen oppa, where are we going?" she questioned while patiently following me, who dragged her along (but I held her hand careful so that she wasn't hurt or anything else). "You'll see when we're there," was my reply.

Hehe, I was looking forward to her facial expression when she sees our destination. She will be.. uhm.. surprised, I would say.

Eunmi squeezed my hand lightly. Holding her hand was like being in Heaven. I never wanted to let go of her hand. I wanted to hold it now and forever.

Anyway, I really like you
You hugged me when I was quietly smiling babe
I waited for today, for your sweetness
Look at me, I'll protect you babe
I dream every day
Of holding your hand and flying forever, until always

My love, I miss you
It's destiny, you can't avoid it
Every day I’m so lucky
I want to confess my hidden heart, I love you

-

Finally, we arrived at our first destination. A restaurant. But not just any restaurant. It was the restaurant where I and Eunmi used to eat back then when I wasn't even a trainee at SM Entertainment. Yes, me and Eunmi have known each other for years already.

I turned round to see her face. And I was - of course - right. Aigoo, that girl. She seemed to be glad but sort of surprised (just like I guessed) as well. "Woah, oppa. You brought us to this place here? Aigoo, this place brings back so many memories..." She seemed to be deep in thought when she spoke.

I chuckled, shook my head and told her that it was my intention to come here. "Anyways, let's go inside, shall we, babe?" I continued and as soon as those words left my mouth, I was dragged inside by none other than Park Eunmi. I, again chuckled, shook my head and muttered, "Really, that girl."

 

When we were inside the restaurant, she even dragged me to the seats where the both of us used to sit in the old days. The waitress came and took our orders. The waitress was about to go when suddenly she turned again and eyed us. I gave her a smile. "Jongdae-yah? Is that you?" I just nodded and replied, "Yes, it's me, Kim Jongdae."

"Oh my god, Jongdae-yah! You haven't been here for ages! Where did you leave Eunmi?" the waitress named Eunhwa - yes, I know her name because we've been here often (as I mentioned earlier, hehe) - asked. Eunmi chuckled and raised her hand, "I'm here, Eunhwa unnie~"

Eunhwa noona turned her head to look at Eunmi. It took her a few seconds to recognize Eunmi but apparently, it clicked: "Ooooh! It's really you Eunmi! Aigoo, you're so beautiful now! How are you, dear?"

Eunmi blushed and answered, "Thank you very much, unnie, but seriously, I think you are exaggerating... And I'm fine, thanks for asking..." She was all shy now, huh?

The three of us chatted a few minutes until I told noona what I was planning to do that day. I whispered it into her ear (when we weren't near the table where Eunmi was sitting) and her eyes slowly widened. "OMO! Really?!" she exclaimed. I kind of shushed her and told her that it is still a secret so she won't spill it any soon.

The food was already there when I went back to the table. Hmm. Maybe it was served by another waiter - or waitress - when I was talking to Eunhwa noona. Eunmi just sat there and stared at me. I know that she wanted to know what I told Eunhwa noona, but no chance.

I had a mission to accomplish. It's showtime, babe.

"Why are you staring at me, Eunmi-yah?" I asked and acted as if I'm dumb. She immediately looked away and said in reply, "Oh, nothing..." "Oh come on, just admit it. You were admiring my handsomeness, right?" I joked but there was no reply. I already know what's wrong with her when she started to stab her food with the fork.

We were almost done with our food when...

"What did thee two of you do just now?" she broke the awkward silence. "Uhm.. We just talked normally," I replied to Eunmi. "Ah. And that's not possible if I am there?" "Noo, that's not it. I just told her a secret.." I told her honestly. Yep, it was a secret. A secret that wanted to be revealed. And it will be revealed soon.

I paid for the food and we were about to go when I saw Eunhwa noona winking at me. I winked back with a smile on my lips. Eunmi seemed to notice it and quickly went outside.

Yay, my plan actually worked! 

A triumphant smile played around the corners of my mouth at the time when I left the restaurant. I spotted Eunmi who sat on a bench on the other side of the street, probably playing on her phone or texting with somebody. I crossed the street and sat down on the bench right next to her and eyed her.

"Why are you staring at me?" she didn't aver her eyes from her phone and kept doing what she did. "Am I not allowed to do so?" I answered her question with another question. Eunmi put her phone away (I assume that she had texted with someone because after she put it away, it buzzed) and looked at me. Seriousness reflected in those brown irides.

"You can go stare at Eunhwa unnie, Chen Chen," her voice sounded kind of.. dangerous. Oh. She was jealous? Oh my gosh.

"Uhh~ I can smell jealousy~" I again. She glared at me and hissed, "It's. Not. Funny. Jongdae." Perfect, she's at the point where I wanted to get her to. Finally I could start my real mission.

"Whatever. Eunmi, I have to tell you something really important... And I'll warn you beforehand: it's gonna affect our relationship massively..." Her facial expression even worsened at my statement but it returned to its previous state soon.

"Then tell me now," she said coldly. I shook my head. "Noo, we should go to a more... private place. Here are too many witnesses."

And with that I dragged her to another very familiar place. Ironically, we always went to this place after we ate at that restaurant. It was a playground that we often visited in our childhood (Yep, we have known each other since childhood). Eunmi immediately sat down on 'her' swing and looked at me expectantly.

Probably she was waiting for me to say something, so I did, "Uhm... Well, actually... uhm... How do I put this?" it was rather a self-talk to myself than to Eunmi. "Okay, actually I... I thought through it many, many times. Really. I wa...-" "Are you going to break up with me, Chen Chen?" she interrupted me. Oh, did I love it when she called me Chen Chen.

Wait, did I just see a tear? I thought I had seen a tear flowing down her cheek but I'm not sure. Hmm. Did my words affect her that much? Maybe I shouldn't have said those words... I felt really guilty at the moment. Perhaps I should've chosen my words more carefully...?

"Eunmi-yah, are you crying?" I asked in a worried tune. But she remained silent. Without hesitating, I walked towards her and pulled her into my arms, which embraced that girl I love tightly.

"N-No, I'm n-not. I think, I-I have got something i-in my eyes," she stuttered. "Yeah, sure you have. I know that you're crying, okay? So why are you crying?" I repeated myself. Now she looked up and mumbled, "I already asked you if you want to break up with me... Jongdae. But you didn't answer me..." she whispered.

Oh, that's another matter. "Me? Breaking up with you? Are you crazy? Anyways, can I continue with what I was saying now?" She nodded and rested her head against my chest. How should I say it now?

"Well, what I wanted to say was: I thought through it many, many times. I couldn't really concentrate due to that and now I'm sure..." I inhaled and exhaled. Crap, why was I so nervous? 

My trembling lips, your fluttering heart
You are my love babe
I know that this is love
I'm happy because of you
This is love babe
I dream every day
Of holding your hand and flying forever, until always

My love, I miss you
It’s destiny, you can’t avoid it
Every day I’m so lucky
I want to confess my hidden heart, I love you

-

At this point, soft music started to play. I smirked, gaining more and more confidence. My nervousness slowly disappeared. It was an EXO song, Don't Go [K | M], her favorite EXO song. I knew that. All the EXO members suddenly jumped out of their hiding place and began to sing along. All of them were smiling, especially Kris, Sehun and Baekhyun (they were pretty close to Eunmi).

"Eunmi-yah, we've known each other about 18 years now. And that's the place we first met too. I can remember it clearly, can you too?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well, I always thought you were beautiful, even back then. And eventually I fell in love with you. I fell so deep that it's impossible for me to get out of it. As I mentioned earlier, I racked my brain about it and now I'm sure. I was never surer about anything in my life. And do you know what I'm so sure about?" I looked at her, expecting an answer. 

"No, I don't know. Tell me," she said, her eyes sparkling. I smiled and told her what she wanted to know, "I'm sure that... I love you. You taught me what love is... and.. you're the one I want to grow old with. I want to see our two children playing, arguing and so on. Because I know, if you're by my side I can stand everything. And I'm sure that I don't want to lose you because

I love you so much that I could risk my everything
I'll promise you that I'll care for you
Even if time passes and everything changes
Even if the world ends, my love

I'll follow you even if it's the end of the world
Please don't go out of my sight
Don't disappear even when the morning comes oh
The walk that I dream of
You are my one and only beautiful butterfly

You are my luck, I can't avoid it
Every day I'm so lucky
I want to confess my hidden heart, I love you
.

So, I'm asking you, Park Eunmi, my one and only love,

Will you marry me?"

I finished my 'speech' while kneeling down in front of her, pulling that certain thing, which was a ring, out of my pocketTears welled in her eyes and she covered with her hands.

"Kim Jongdae," she began with a shaky voice, "Are you seriously asking me to marry you?" I nodded, being afraid that she would refuse to. After a long nerve-wracking pause Eunmi finally said those words that made me the happiest man in the world.

"Yes, I certainly will," she said, tears in her eyes as I slipped the ring onto her finger. She pulled me up, so that I was at her eye level and, and hugged me once more. All the members clapped and congratulated us.

"Congraaaaaats hyung and Eunmi noona!" Sehun exclaimed. "Chen Chen finally askeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed heeeeer!" Baekhyun sang in a high-pitching tune. "Wooooohoooooooooooooooo, congrats Jongdae!!" Chanyeol shouted and Kris joined. Luhan cheered together with Lay and the other remaining members... Well, they did all kind of things like, dancing and so on. They all disappeared after a little while.

 

I pulled Eunmi into an tender kiss and as we broke the kiss, Eunmi leant against my chest. "Can I ask you a question?" "That was already a question but go ahead," I said jokingly. "Why did you choose that dress for me? And why two children? Oh, let me guess, you planned this? And why did you lie to me, saying you've got no present for me? Pabo!" she babbled and hit me again.

"That was more than one question," I remarked, "but oh well. I like that dress and I want two children, one mini version of you and one mini version of me, running around. Like I said, I thought through it many, many times, to the point where I even had to ask the other members to help me with it. And it's not only your present. It's our present."

Eunmi looked right into my eyes.. and it dazed me, in a positive way. "Kim Jongdae, did you know how much I love you?" "I do and I love you too." I said and she pecked both of my cheeks and then she gave me a kiss on my lips. I would say, 'Mission accomplished'.

Yep, August 1st is indeed a perfect day, as I told you earlier.

 

I'm happy as long as I have her by my side. And I know she's going to be by my side. Forever.


       


(Source/Credits for 'Best Luck') | (Source/Credits for 'Don't Go') |  Amount of words: 3829

Author's section

Chen gif spamming! X'D

Pheeww... Finally, I'm done! Did you like it? :D

If you did, then leave a comment, subscribe and upvote! ^_^

I never thought that my first completed 'story' would be a one-shot, or rather song-shot (as I call it :D) :o

And now, let's sing a song for the birthday girl! :D *sings Happy Birthday and claps*

Oh, Ever, did you see it? I used our two favorite songs of EXO, Peter Pan and Don't Go *-*

I hope you all liked it! :D :)

I'm pondering if I should write a sequel or not, maybe in Eunmi's POV^^

Anyways, I hoped you liked it and yeah :D

~xoxo, your author, LeeJinAe aka Jinnie.