Have a little faith

Stand Your Ground, Honey

Hana POV

It was an early Saturday morning when I was startled by a slight buzzing sensation felt through the pocket of my cooking apron.  I then remembered that I’d left my cell phone in there earlier. My response to the call, I assumed, was a bit delayed as I was in the midst of preparing breakfast and my hands were pretty much soiled.

I quickly grabbed a clean paper towel to clean up the contents off my hands before taking the phone out.

Min? I wondered as I read her name off the caller ID. At this hour of the day? I questioned, because knowing Min, she’d still be tucked under the blankets in the comfort of her own room. Not that I didn't want to hear from my best friend and all but again...why is she calling? And hopefully picking up the phone would answer all my questions. So I did.

"Hello?" I finally answered, leaning against the counter of the sink.

"Yah! What took you so long to pick up?" Min asked in such an  annoyed tone. Even through the phone I felt the vibe of agitation.

“Well, my bad. I was in the middle of cooking. So what’s up?” I asked her. “Why so grumpy though, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?” I said jokingly.

“That’s exactly it!” She yelled through the otherside of the line. “ I woke up on Jaemin’s side because he wasn’t there…”

“I’m confused.” I told her. Min sounded serious and distraught.

“Jaemin and I broke up....” She sobbed through the other end of the line. “And I’m such a mess right now. Is it okay if I come over? I really hate being at home right now.” Min asked.

“Of course, you’re welcome here anytime and you’re just in luck, I have ice cream to numb the heartbreak. Trust me, it works.” I said. And how did I know? Because ice cream was my best friend after all my stupid fights with Kyungsoo. Ahh...the stress, but  it’s all good now and I can say that ice cream got me where I am today.

“Thanks, Hana.” Min said more calmly. “You’re the best.”

“No problem, Min.” I said, feeling that the conversation would be over soon and Min would head over. But she spoke again stopping me from pressing the ‘end’ button.

“Uhm..Hana?” She said.

“Yeah?” I responded.

“Get the ice cream ready because, I’m outside.” Min said.

“What?!” I said surprised. Totally did not expect that.

I rushed to the door and opened it to see my bestfriend’s mascara smeared eyes, runny red nose, and pitiful frown. I hugged Min as soon as I could before letting her in my home.

D.O.POV

I was just staring at the framed picture of my beautiful, little Soona on my desk as I sat there

in my office. Work was beyond my mind right now. I wanted to think of anything but that, bummer that I couldn’t leave the office or my dad would violently chop my head off or force-feed some paperwork into me. And everyone knows how much I hate being told what to do…

I snapped out of thought to the sudden knocking sound on the glass window that divided my office from the other one. And on the other side of the glass happened to be Jieun.

That’s right...I forgot that she’d occupy the office next to mine from now on and for as long as she was a part of this company, I would be working with her everyday.

She stood there waving at me excitedly, so happily, and overly joyful. How could someone be so positive in a place like this? So I thought, maybe she likes what she does. There a people like that, they simply enjoy … well, anything and everything.

I waved back in response and she smiled one last time before taking a seat at her own desk. After, I put myself back to focus so that I could get the hell out of here.

Amidst the last of the paperwork, I heard another a knock on the window coming from Jieun’s side again. Of course it would be her. She was standing and pointing toward my door as if she were asking for permission for her to come in.

I nodded at her and she followed through.

“Hey!” She said coming in the door.

“Hi.” I responded as I continued to finger through the papers I was reading. Jieun walked around the office, looking around like some type of tourist venturing around a new city. I looked up as she found her way to my couch and made herself comfortable. “Yes? How may I help you, Jieun?” I asked.

“No need to sound so professional with me, Oppa.” She said to me. “After all, we do have a history. Don’t we?” Jieun casually crossed her legs and looked at me, waiting an answer.

I cleared my throat before I thought about how to reiterate my words. “Very well. Is there a reason that you’re here?” I asked. Jieun smirked before picking up one of the mints from the tray in front of her, and putting it in .

“Actually, yeah. I feeling quite bored and hungry, so I was wondering if you wanted to grab some lunch together?” Jieun asked.

“Mmm” I thought about it for a second. “Maybe next time, I’m kind of busy. I’m trying to finish my work so that I can go home.”

“To your wife?” She asked. I looked up from the papers and to Jieun who was still  looking at me. I raised a brow in response as if to say why do you care? I felt as if I was being rude so I decided to ease myself and act naturally with this girl, who is now a woman, that I grew up with.

“Oh and your daughter of course, silly me, I must have forgotten that not only are you a married man , but also a father! You must be proud.” Jieun finished her thought and waited for me to respond.

“I guess you can say that. Actually, yes, I am.” I said, admiring at the picture of my family right next to my computer screen.

“How envious.” Jieun said as she watched me.

“What do you mean?”

“I can only dream of spending my life with the one person I love.” She answered. Okay, now this threw me off because,1. She was too beautiful to be single, and 2. Jieun seemed pretty content to me. BUT What do I know? Sure, we grew up together but after she moved we’ve almost become complete strangers.

“From the looks of it, you’re not too far. There are plenty men in this building, I say go get em’ tiger.” I encouraged her. She mumbled something under her breath but I was unable to catch exactly what it was. “ Did you say something?” I asked.

“Nope! Well, I’ll go back to my office now. We should totally grab lunch and catch up next time. By the way, I’m looking forward to meeting your wife. Soon, perhaps?”

“Yes, definitely! I’ll see you later.” I said as I watched Jieun walk out and return to her office, literally next door. We both lightly laughed at the fact that she was just next door.

Hana POV

“I just don’t knoowwehhwwwahhyywentwongg!!!!!” Min cried as she stuffed a spoonful of chocolate ice cream in , also in the midst of  finishing her sentence. I believe she said ‘ I just don’t know where I went wrong’. But before that, Min had told me that she and her boyfriend, Jaemin, had been having issues about him always being overseas due to endorsement deals for his resorts. The on going complaints made by Min eventually drove Jaemin to move out.

I literally witnessed a full tub of ice cream go empty in a blink of an eye. Min finished the whole thing as she laid stretched out on my white sofa. One of my main concerns would be the chocolate stains she could possibly make on my WHITE sofa, must I put more emphasis on the fact that my couch is WHITE, and of course I was also concerned about the well being of my best friend.

“So you’re upset because you want to spend more time with him, am I right?” I asked Min as I held baby Soona up on my lap. I could mention to her that having a husband as a CEO is just as tough, but this was Min’s turn to talk.

“Well yeah.  But that’s not quite the reason...” She replied, putting empty tub of ice cream on the coffee table before sitting up straight.

“If that’s not the reason then wh-” I paused to think and then it hit me, “ Omo, you don’t trust him don’t you!” I exclaimed. Min shrunk down guiltily in her seat.

“Am I wrong?” She asked, hiding behind a pillow.

I tried to be understanding and not point fingers, so I told her that, “Sometimes you need to have a little faith, and trust that person.” I told her. Then suddenly, I heard the sound of the front door open and close quickly.

“Honey! Who the heck’s BMW is on our driveway?!” My husband called from the door. Soon, he came into view and saw Min and I in the living room, “Oh, it’s just Min” He said in relief.

Like seriously, he reaction was like he  thought he lost the hundred dollar bill in his back pocket, only to find it in the other back pocket. Pretty iffy, if I must say.

“Mhm, who else did you think would be here?” I questioned from where I sat.

“No one, I just thought…” He tried to defend himself.

“Here, hold Soona.” I told Min as I stood up to talk to Kyungsoo. “You just thought what, Yeobeo?” I raised a brow to  gave him a little sass. And you know your woman is upset when she puts her left hand on her hip.

“Speaking of trust, looks like I’m not the only one who needs to take your advice, Hana.” Min said looking at Kyungsoo.

“Okay okay alright already!” He said guiltily waving his arms in the air. “It is what you think I thought, but what am I supposed to think when someone else’s car in my driveway and  I see a pair of sneakers by the door!”

“Uh... that I have company?”

“It could be some man for all I know!”

“HEY HEY HEY! MY FEET AREN’T EVEN THAT BIG OKAY” Min said but she was totally ignored

“Are you seriously questioning my faithfulness to our marriage?”

“Hey! I never said that!”

“For god’s sake, my own husband doesn’t trust me!” I yelled quite melodramatically I admit, but it was to make a point.

“Mommy and Daddy are crazy, huh, Soona.” Min said to the baby.

...and it just went back and forth...

“You are being ridiculous!”

“No you are!”

“Nuh uh!”

“Oh my...HUSH WILL YOU? Soona is crying because can clearly see that  her parents are acting like children!!” Min yelled. Kyungsoo stopped and saw Soona crying hysterically. Kyungsoo went over to pick the baby up from a very stressed out Min.

“Look Hana, I trust you. I just don’t trust other men because you are just so beautiful, someone just might try to steal you from me.” He said in a more calm manner.

“Well you know that will never happen. I love you.” I assured him as I lightly touched his cheek with the palm of my hand.“I love you too.” He responded.
 

“Okay...ew? This just went from kind of funny, I meant ridiculous, to gross. If this is what being married is going to be like, I think I’d rather stick to dating other people for now, to forget about Jaemin.” Min commented.

Totally averting my attention back to Min,“So you guys are over for good?” I asked, taking a seat next to her on the couch.

“Who knows? He left me, his fault if I find someone better. But when his sorry comes running back to me...again, who knows? I guess time will tell won’t it?”

“I guess so.”

Kyungsoo, who had already calmed the baby down, decided to cut in and say“Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll hook it up with one of my friends. I’m pretty sure other than Baekhyun and I, the rest of the guys are single. I say, Chanyeol is pretty iffy, because I’m pretty sure something is going on with him and Baekhyun, which explains why Taeyeon is always pissed when Chanyeol hangs around Baekhyun.”

“I’ll think about it.” Min said before deciding that it was time to get going with her life. “ And , If  I do decide to get married in the future, I hope that I could be as happy as you two. The power couple, fighting!” And with that she was out of the house.

Kyungsoo eventually took the spot next to me that Min was previously sitting in. “You seriously have no idea how much I love coming home to you and Soona.” He kissed the sleeping baby’s head and I rested my head on his shoulder to look at our child. Thinking back at Min’s words, I realized that , she couldn’t be more right.

“I couldn’t be any more happier.”

"Good, you should be." Kyungsoo teased.

"Oh shut up. Just me have a moment will you?" I said.


Hey! Sorry if the storyline is pretty slow

but it only gets better from

here! Stay tuned!