Loving Life

Stand Your Ground, Honey

Hana POV

 

“Hana, wake up.”

I reacted to the sound and slightly opened my eyes to have the brightly lit digital clock in my view. The room was still dark because it was four in the morning; four freakin' AM, when I could've sworn that I heard Kyungsoo's disturbing voice in my head telling me to wake up. Restlessly trying to shrug it off, I covered my head with a pillow to tone down the sound. I hoped that I wasn’t going crazy in any way, but I was sure that it was bound to happen. I mean, having a baby sure isn’t an easy task, and having a husband like Kyungsoo isn’t either. 

“Hana, honey, wake up!” I heard Kyungsoo speak again and this time he was lightly shaking me.

It didn’t stop I tell you, I kept hearing his goddamn voice! And that was when I heard Soona’s cry. WHY?!  I cried to the heavens. I just wanted some sleep. Was I still sane?

I then had this crazy idea that maybe if I refused to wake up, Kyungsoo would eventually have to take care of Hana. Sadly, as five minutes passed, nothing changed and all I could hear was my daughter’s cry and my husbands annoying voice.

“Hana-” He said again but I cut him off before he could continue. I honestly never hated the sound of my name more than I did that night.

“Okay, I’m up.” I said in surrender as I sat up on the bed and walked over to my crying child. “Lazy ” I scoffed under my breath. I purposely moved her crib near ours one day because most of my nights are pretty much like this...sleepless. And my days? Tiring as hell.

Kyungsoo should consider himself lucky to have married me, because we did not just struggle during the past year; fighting for what you can call “our love” for eachother. And now we have a child, our precious Soona. She's barely a year now and Kyungsoo and I are already starting to act like an old married couple. Funny how time flies.

It took about ten minutes to calm the baby down and tend to her needs. By the time I thought she’d be asleep again, Soona was smiling a gummy smile at me instead. 

Notwithstanding, I fell for it,  I just did. And those eyes…oh gosh those eyes...I reached out to caress her baby cheeks.

“Hi cutie! You’ve got your fathers eyes, huh. They’re pretty enticing if you tell me, I just want to smother you with kisses.” I told her in my sorta baby tone. Soona just continued to smile at me and I just couldn’t help myself.

“Why don’t you just smother me with kisses instead?” I heard Kyungsoo say from the bed. “If you love my eyes so much…” He teased. I smiled and looked over only to see my husband fully awake and sitting up on the bed. He was watching us.

“You, shut up and go back to sleep.” I told him ; however, the man refused and made his way behind me. 

"Make me." He spoke in my in a tone that made me shiver. I liked it when he talked to me like that but it made me hate him all the same for making me feel so weak.

Kyungsoo's hands were on my waist and then moving up and down my back.  Oh god, he was being irresistible. 

But it was so wrong!!!! I was holding a baby at the moment for Christ's sake. "Not now, Kyungsoo. Soona is about to sleep." I told him.

"But you're so hot." He whispered in my ear. 

. Ignore him, Hana! You must resist! I told myself.

I put Soona down and placed her favorite owl plush next to her to hug. I was patting her to sleep as I tried to keep my attention on her rather than my husband who was feeling me up from behind. Gosh, resisting this dude was nearly impossible.  And soon enough, her eyes were closed and she was fast asleep.

She's asleep...great. Now that Soona was taken care of, there was someone who wanted to be tended to next.

Not only was Kyungsoo feeling my entire torso, he was now placing tiny kisses behind me ear.

"Kyungsoo,  I...oh my" I couldn't continue. I wanted to tell him that I was too tired, but I was overcome by the other side of me. I wanted to be strong, I really did.

"Turn around and look at me"  he said to me. I knew that once I looked into those eyes of his, I'd be totally done for and Kyungsoo would have his way ...

But I did and Kyungsoo pulled me to him. Totally chest to chest and totally outside of our comfort zones. Next, he fiercely kissed me slowly then all at once ; it took my breath away. Literally; I couldn't breathe.

"Can you please stop?" I said as I pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I know. It's totally inappropriate with the baby here and all but-"

"No...stop making me feel so weak at the knees whenever you hold me. It's drives me insane you know?"

"Yeah, I know... because every time I look at you I feel the same way."

"I hate you."

"Love you too, honey."

 

D.O. POV

Life just felt so great after Hana and I legitimately got married the second time. And life couldn't have gotten better especially when Soona was born. Sometimes I feel like I haven't awoken from the best dream ever because I have everything that I need.

Now, I have to admit that marrying someone that’s completely opposite from you can drive you crazy sometimes but the other times, Hana is what keeps me sane from the pressures of running my father’s company.

I'm content and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Ever Since I took over my father's business, there had been a few but not acute changes. My father wanted to ensure the durability and longevity of the company so he decided to hire more efficient workers and invest in more modern machines.

"A fresh new start" he calls it. Now, I have to admit that I'm still getting used to all of this but I think that everything will work out just fine. Right?

There are  going to be a bunch of new faces today as the newly hired employee’s start their first day at the company, and I have to welcome them; which I find unnecessary because there are people in this building who are hired to welcome newcomers. Like seriously, I’ll be down in the lobby for a bit to give them all a handshake because one of the stupid requirements of being a boss is to be courteous but we all know that is the least of me. And Hana’s seen it all first hand.

I made my way out of the elevator with my personal assistant and strode down that lobby like a total badass. By the entrance of the building were the newcomers waiting in a straight line to meet the famous Mr. Do Kyungsoo, aka Me. I had on a spiffy suit and put on that winning smile all of the successful CEO’s have.

And now for the greetings.

“Hello, welcome.” I said to all of them as I made my way down the line of newcomers, shaking their hands on the way. They were all the same… nervous and sweaty.

Thereupon meeting the last person, I hardly paid attention until I felt the person lose balance upon touch. Luckily I was about to support them with my arm. When I looked down at the person I was holding up, I noticed that it was a woman after all, no wonder the weight that I had supported was bearable seeing that I wasn’t quite a fit person.

“Are you alright, miss?” I asked her.

She then looked up at me and nodded; that was when I got to see her face. She looked like she was just straight out of the modeling magazines. Long brown hair, flawless skin, red lipstick; the type that would drive the men in this office crazy over her. And that was a possibility since they all like to stare every time my wife drops by.

"Alright then. Find your department safely." I told her as I stared at her super high stilettos. 

"Actually,  I..." She began to say but I was already on my way as soon as we established that she was okay.

Be that as it may, I did not think too much of it. She must have tripped over her overly high heels, indicating her fall was not at all my fault. 

In the elevator...“What was that?” Asked Kwon, my assistant, he seemed as confused as I was.

“Don’t ask.” I told him.

It was already afternoon and I was already missing my family, signing hundreds of papers was getting annoying actually at that point, just about anything would aggravate me. 

I put the papers aside and stood by the window to look out. I just wanted to go home and lay on my white couch and hold my Soona; I just wanted to hear Hana's voice. 

So I retrieved my cell from my left pocket and gave my wife a call. It rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey, Honey. What are you up to?" I asked, still looking at the view outside my window.

"I just put Soona down for a nap. What's up?"

"Nothing really, I just wanted to hear your voice." I confessed with a chuckle.

"Do Kyungsoo, are you kidding is that really why you called me?" By the sound of her voice, I could imagine Hana smiling with her hand on her hip. Such sass she's got.

"Do I sound like I'm kidding?" I asked. Then I heard her giggle. Suddenly,  a few knocks on my door were heard.

"Boss? May we come in?" Kwon said from behind the door. We? I wondered.

"hold on a sec..." I told Hana. "You may proceed. " I called out.

"Sorry, Boss..." Kwon began to say but I put a finger up, signaling for him to shut up for a min.

"Is that Kwon? Tell him to stop ing." Hana said on the other side of the line which caused me to chuckle.

"Okay, Honey looks like I have some business to handle. I'll see you at home in a bit. Love you, bye." I said before ending the call and finally turning around to face my good ole pal, Kwon.

"What's the thing..." I started but stopped "oh..." when I realized that we weren't the only ones in the room. 

The same lady from earlier was standing at the door, smiling at me.

"Uhm, Mr. Do... meet your new business partner, Kang Jieun." Kwon announced. 

 

.....................................................................................

Hello fellow readers! I hope you enjoyed the brief intro to this story. I tried not to make it run too long since you all have read WMIYB prior to this, so that takes care of Kyungsoo and Hana's back story. SORRY SORRY SORRY if I took forever, AGAIN. But I'll try to be as consistent as I was before. Ahah. Please believe in me and continue to support this couple. It means alot. 

I have to admit, that I was quite surprised to see so many upvotes and subscribers even before this chapter was up! It couldn't have happened without you devoted subbies! I love you all! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Let's work hard to get this featured one day.