0001

Generation Z

The alarm went off, followed by an announcement that turned the school upside down.

 

"This is an emergency. An accident has happened at the science block. All students please do not leave your classrooms and do not panic. Lock all the doors and do not open it until further announcements are made." 

 

At class 3, the teacher was just as surprised as the students were. 

 

"Miss Kim, is it a drill or is it real?" 

 

"It's real right, Miss Kim? What emergency is it?"

 

"What's going on? Why do we need to lock the doors?"

 

"Miss Kim, my mum told me that in Europe, some disease has broke out and killed many people. Is this the disease too?"

 

"I heard it's a zombie apocolypse but that's ridiculous!"

 

The class turned noisy as they all bombarded the teacher with questions and they started discussing among themselves.

 

"Alright class! Silence!" Miss Kim said as she tapped the whiteboard. The class looked at her silently, anticipating for her answers. "I'll answer your questions later. Just follow the instructions and lock the door." She ordered and two students stood up to lock the front and back door. She was glad the class stopped the talking because honestly, it was starting to get to her... The fear. There was been a rumour spreading around among the staff about a new virus that had turned people crazy. She pleaded in her head that it isn't coming true. 

 

Even after staying in the classroom for two hours, there was still no announcements. 

 

"What do you think could have happened?" Suzy asked Jiyeon.

 

"I don't know..." Jiyeon replied as she shrugged. "But anyway, thanks to the announcement, we can't play sports after school." She rested her head onto her hand and pouted. *I wanted to see him...*

 

"Ey~ I wonder what it's about though. Why do we have to lock the doors?" Suzy asked as she drew a cloud on her notebook.

 

"Zombies." Jiyeon said, sitting up from her ious posture. 

 

"There are no such things as zombies, Jiyeon-ah." Suzy said, shaking her head. "You're forever an idiot." She laughed and shaded her cloud.

 

"Yah. I'm not an idiot." Jiyeon laughed along, smacking her friend's arm lightly. "That could be possible. I mean the news are saying there are some disease going on and they are banning us from infected countries but there aren't any videos or exact proof. Why? They probably are keeping some secrets." 

 

"Oh my god, Jiyeon. Snap out of your movie-frenzy." Suzy rolled her eyes. 

 

Jiyeon laughed and laid her head back down. *It'll be cool but no, I wouldn't want that to happen..* 

 

Screams filled the corridor, scaring everyone in the class. Jiyeon jumped up from her seat and soon, everyone was making a lot of noise. Sounds of tables slamming, people running and clanging of metal could be heard from the corridor. 

 

"What's going on, Miss Kim?" Chanyeol asked, voluntarily walking to the door and peeking through the small window on the middle of the door. 

 

"Chanyeol, go back to your seat it's nothing-"

 

Just as a loud slam came from the door, Chanyeol screamed and jumped back, tripping over his leg and falling to the ground. Jiyeon stood up, Baekhyun rushed over and the others stared in surprise. A girl's face appeared through the glass window and the class screamed. Jiyeon noticed her look. She was terrified. The girl screamed and punched crazily at the door. Baekhyun helped Chanyeol up and the latter dusted his pants. He looked at the girl infront of him and gulped. 

 

"Open the door! Help me please! Help! Help!" She yelled as she shook the door knob. Chanyeol reached his hand out to open the door.

 

"Chanyeol, no. Go back to your seat." Miss Kim said. Chanyeol knitted his eyebrows at Miss Kim.

 

"But... She said she needed help. I think we should-"

 

"I said. Go. Back. To. Your. Seat." Miss Kim snapped harshly. Chanyeol turned his head and looked at the girl. She was crying and banging on the door. She turned her head around then back at Chanyeol. 

 

"Please!" She screamed. 

 

"Chanyeol. Miss Kim said go back to your seat. Let's go." Baekhyun pulled his friend back though Chanyeol didn't want to go back to his seat. It couldn't be a joke anymore. He felt that he should open the door. She looked so scared,as if something crazy has happened. 

 

Jiyeon watched as Baekhyun pull Chanyeol back to his seat. She observed Miss Kim as she took a deep breathe. Jiyeon could tell that she was scared. *What is going on? Why is everyone...*

 

"HELP MEEEEEEEE!" The scream was louder and higher this time. The shriek sent a chill down Jiyeon's spine and something told her to run. Instead, she made up her mind to help the girl. What good could she gain from watching someone cry and not help? So, she walked up to the door. 

 

"Park Jiyeon! What are you doing? Get-"

 

"No." Jiyeon snapped as she reached her hand out to the knob.

 

Miss Kim wanted to run away because she finally figured out the reason behind the screams along the corridor. The zombie apococalypse was real. Opening the door meant exposing themselves to the zombies. She wasn't going to let that happen. She stood up want rushed to stop Jiyeon but she was too slow. 

 

The door opened and the girl pushed Jiyeon away, running into the classroom. Poor Jiyeon was pushed so hard that she fell onto the ground outside. The girl was wailing hard as she ran to the back of the class, ignoring the fact that she bumped into many people and tumbled the tables and chairs. 

 

"Is she crazy?" Eunji asked Chorong as the girl pushed her into a table. 

 

"I think so..." Chorong whispered back, rolling her eyes at the girl.

 

Jiyeon felt a huge pain on her wrist and realised that when she fell, she had used her left wrist to support her fall. Instead, she sprained it badly. The screams and sounds were louder now that she was at the corridor. She cocked her head up to take a good look around. What she saw, however, was something that she will never forget.