Happy Belated Birthday

Dear, Daddy's Daughter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eomma, happy birthday!” Hyo held up a carnation flower toward her mother with a cute smile plastered on her face when her mother was picking her up from her preschool that afternoon.

“Omo, darling! What a beautiful flower! Where did you get this flower, Hyo?” She bent down receiving her simple present from her thoughtful baby daughter.

“I got this flower from ahjumma, she said that Hyo may take one flower for eomma,” she explained. Ahjumma she said was referred to the ahjumma caretaker in her preschool.

“Hmm. Have you said ‘thank you’ to her?”

“Ne! I’ve thanked her, Eomma,” she smiled proudly.

“Good girl. And eomma is thankful for your present too, bunny,” she dropped on her knees and kissed her cheek. “Thank you for the flower, and thank you for being my daughter, Hyo-yah, my bunny, my princess….” Eunji hugged her tightly and was so touched by Hyo’s attitude today for remembering her birthday.

And she was then wondering of how a four years old baby could remember her parents’ birthday and noticing the date. “Anyway, how do you now eomma’s birthday? Did appa tell you?”

“Ne! Last night appa told me that today is eomma’s birthday. Appa will give eomma a surprise, but he told me not to tell this to eomma,” she blinked innocently, and Eunji had to hold her chuckle because of her daughter’s innocence.

 “So, you father told you that he will give me a surprise?” she asked her again to assure herself.

Hyo nodded, and Eunji hugged her again a lot tighter than before. She was really happy and felt grateful to have these special people such as her husband and her daughter in her life.

And she couldn’t help but to smile widely anticipating what her husband would do to surprise her.

***

“APPAAA!!” Hyo leapt over to the front door to welcome and to bump her father’s feet as usual.

“Oops, be careful, bunny!” he scooped her to his arms and carried her after kicking off his shoes to the racks.

Eunji was also there by him, staring at him with a somewhat delirious looks on her face. She smiled widely, waiting for him to notice her presence. It was a rare sight of him to be home this early these past days. Thus Eunji believed that he might want to present his surprise Hyo told her before for real.

And her smile widened when her eyes met her husband’s eyes.

“I’m home,” he mumbled as he placed a peck on her cheek. He then walked away still carrying their daughter in his arms to the baby’s room because Hyo seemed like telling him that she wanted to show him what her Ppyongie could do in its aquarium, leaving Eunji alone there. Dissapointed.

She could only heave a sigh. Her husband might be planning to give the surprise later, making her to anticipate more—or less.

Seemed like she must keep her patienty a bit longer.

***

 

“Oppayah….”

“Hm?”

She shifted closer to him as they were sitting on the couch to watch something on TV after having their dinner. Whilst, their daughter was busy playing with her Ppyongie—actually, watching Ppyongie swimming in its aquarium.

“Do you have something to be talked to me?” she rested her chin over his shoulder while hugging his firm arms.

“Eh? Something?” he stared at her in confusion and Eunji had to admit that his acting was so good.

She nodded eventually, still with her wide smile.

Sunggyu tilted his head trying to find any proper word so that his wife would be pleased.

“Hm… ‘I love you’?” he planted a quick peck on her lips then turned his attention back to the TV.

She frowned at his witty attempt then tugged his arms to gain his attention back at her.

“Not those words though…,” she pouted, couldn’t wait for his surprise anymore. But he just stared at her with his furrowed brows.

She stared back at him, and they had that silence staring fight somehow before someone interrupted them—their very own daughter, Kim Hyosung.

“Appa, I’m sleepy…. Can you re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter