Trip to Bandung I

Dear, Daddy's Daughter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last day in Bali, Eunji and Sunggyu spent their day to buy some merchandise and walked around the capital city, Denpasar. Last night they went to Tanah Lot to watch theatrical performance after watching sunset at Kuta beach. They’d fly to Bandung this afternoon, fulfilling an invitation from Sunggyu’s acquaintance to visit his workplace and other interesting sites in Bandung.

They were now having lunch at a Balinese traditional restaurant near the beach and took the outdoor seat right on the beach. They ordered ayam betutu (betutu chicken) and sate lilit with rice. During their lunch, some street musicians entertained them with some Indonesian songs, popular English songs, and to their surprise, some Korean classic songs, trot songs, thus sometimes they sang along with them.

Soon, they prepared for their flight heading to the capital city of West Java Province.

***

 

Since they have slept during the flight, Eunji and Sunggyu didn’t feel too tired anymore. They were welcomed so nicely by Sunggyu’s friend, Sam. After transiting their luggage in their hotel, Sam brought them to visit Braga Culinary Night, a weekly event held in Braga Street, a street of art, youth and classic European scenery in Bandung.

The day after, they visited Sam’s workplace, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). He was the dean of Faculty of Industrial Technology there, which was also affiliated with one of Taesan’s  technology academy colleges. He was a nice guy and to Eunji’s surprise, Sam had similar appearance with her husband, tall with hunched back, slim but a bit chubby and fluffy, pointed nose and slanted eyes, sweet eyesmile. Over all he was handsome, but Sam is tanner than Sunggyu. Last night, she couldn’t really notice how Sam was like but now under the daylight when she came along as Sam invited Sunggyu to look around the campus of ITB, she was unconsciously awing his appearance. And Sunggyu noticed it.

“Oh, Sam. Anyway, where’s your wife? Isn’t she a lecturer here too?” he tried to avert Eunji’s attention after silently elbowing her.

“Oh, yes. But she’s in another building and from another faculty. Apparently, she’s having an exhibition now in her faculty gallery. Shall we visit her there?”

“Of course! I’d like to greet your wife as well!” Sunggyu exaggerated thus Eunji eyed him with a certain look.

By that, Sam brought the couple to his wife’s faculty at the very front of the campus, Faculty of Visual Art and Design. There was an art exhibition there thus it was crowded by people. Even Sam had a hard time to find where his wife was.

“BAM!” someone tapped Sam’s shoulder all of sudden. The certain man jolted in surprise but his expression changed when he turned around and found a petite woman grinned at him.

“Gosh, you surprised me, honey!” he flicked the intruder’s forehead playfully.

“Ouch, it’s hurt!” she pouted, but she then hugged Sam lovingly. Was she perhaps…?

“Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, let me introduce you to my wife, Rara. Darling, here is my friend from Korea, Kim Sunggyu and his wife, Ms. Eunji.”

The two couples exchanged greeting to each other and got along well in a short time. Since Sam’s wife has done with her work in exhibition, they went to have lunch at a Korean Restaurant in Cihampela

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter