The Teasing Giant and The Jealous Shorty

We Look Good Together

The Teasing Giant and The Jealous Shorty

 

 

The fans were cheering endlessly even when the host of the show was trying to shush them. It was undeniable, EXO was the ‘it’ group of the century.

“As I was saying,” the host continued as the audience began to quiet down.

“I’m sure the fans are dying to know about your ideal types and current heart condition.” She wiggled her brows and the fans squealed again. All the EXO members burst into laughter.

“Let’s start with Kris,” the host spoke again, gesturing a hand towards the Chinese leader. Kris looked at her attentively, gripping the microphone a little tighter.

“Since you are the farthest from me and since a lot of your fans are present to you listen to your answer.”

“Hmmm,” he replied. “My ideal type is simple. One that is filial, knows how to cook, kind… someone who looks like an angel.”

Unknowingly, Kris was secretly glancing sideways at the squishy boy a few inches from him.

The host nodded and blushed by his reply together with the fans.

“I think you also need to look at the height, since you’re tall you should also pick someone tall.” The host suggested, batting her eyelashes at him. Kris gave a sly smile and nodded in agreement. “Maybe.”

Kyungsoo wanted to puke.

“And how is your current heart condition?” she adds. Kris smiled and glanced towards s, his eyes stopping for a second at those white-rich eyes and then his eyes shifted to the fans.

“Sadly,” he replied paused with a shy grin, looking over at the squishy guy.

Kyungsoo’s heart was racing so fast that he couldn’t seem to catch up with what the others were talking about because all he could hear was Kris’s answers ringing inside his head.

“What made it so sad?” the host reacted curiously.

“Since I can’t date all of my fans—”

Even before Kris could finish his sentence the fans started to squeal again. The rest of the EXO members laughed and teased Kris except for one. F-fans? You can’t date all your fans? Are you kidding me?

“My heart condition is a little off.” he joked, gaining another frenzy from the audience.

A little off? Tch. A little off my .

“Is that so?” the host added and then smiled. “How do we know that you like someone?”

Instead of Kris answering for it, Luhan took this chance to answer for him. “Kris hyung actually teases the person he likes so much.”

Everyone in the studio laughed and Kris was turning red, scratching his head while Kyungsoo didn’t know how to take things calmly.

“Is that true?” the host inquired Suho who was the nearest member to her. Suho naughtily glanced at Kris and then at Kyungsoo before answering. “Yes.”

And everyone was squealing again and there were whispers saying how they wish they could get teased by Kris even for once.

What’s so good about being teased by Kris? Kyungsoo, feeling so irritated by the screams of the fans. If only you know how it feels to be called shorty every day and then you’ll realize it’s not cheesy.

After the guesting EXO was back in the van, going back to their dorm. Everyone was settled in their seats. Kyungsoo, Kris and Chanyeol was at the backmost part of the van. Chanyeol was listening to a new released rap album on his iphone while Kyungsoo was staring out of the car, his brows scrunching together.

“You want some vitamin water Shorty?” Kris said, offering a bottle of vitamin water to Kyungsoo but he was ignored.

“Shorty?”

But Kyungsoo wasn’t responding. Kris studied him for a moment and then sighed. He put the vitamin water into his bag and then decided to play with Kyungsoo’s hands.

“Woah, look at the huge size difference of our hands.” He sounded amazed and then acted like he was so surprised, waving it excitedly in front of Kyungsoo’s face.

He clasped their hands together and then wiggled it, laughing. “Shorty really has small hands!” he joked but Kyungsoo snatched his hands off his grip and looked away.

Kris was getting a bit frustrated. Why is Kyungsoo not noticing me?

He grabbed his phone and then attempted to take picture of Kyungsoo.

“I’m taking a picture of you…” but Kyungsoo wasn’t moving, not sparing a second to glance at him.

Kris shoved his phone back to his pocket and then pouted, sinking on his seat.

“Shorty, what’s the matter? Are you sleepy? Come rest on my shoulders!” he offered, poking Kyungsoo’s arm but still, Kyungsoo was silent.

“Are you having a headache? I have medicine here…”

“Shorty…what’s wrong?”

Giving up completely, Kris decided to leave him alone.

 

They finally arrived at their dorm and everyone went straight to their beds and rested except for Kyungsoo who was sulking at one corner of the kitchen, trying to make himself a sandwich and Kris who was watching him behind the door.

What happened? Kris worried and decided to approach Kyungsoo.

“Hey Shorty…need help?” he whispered. Kyungsoo looked away, shifting his body to the other side. He continued to make his sandwich completely ignoring Kris’s presence.

Kris didn’t wait any longer for Kyungsoo’s response and grabbed the knife and ham from Kyungsoo’s hands and started to slice thing strips.

“Just stop.” Kyungsoo shot and folding his arms.

“Did something happen?”

“Oh no, nothing happened.” Kyungsoo replied coldly, not even looking at him. Kris didn’t know that his eyes were starting to tear up and become red.

Kris was taken aback by his suddenly cold aura.

“Are you sick? Why are you acting that way?”

Kyungsoo tried to blink the tears that were starting to form and then faced Kris. “I’m not sick so please can you move aside?”

Kris narrowed his eyes and noticed the struggle behind Kyungsoo’s rich eye whites.

“No. Something’s up.” Kris insisted and folded his arms.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in disbelief. “Nothing is up. Just please go away. I’m trying to make a sandwich.”

“No. Not until you tell me what is wrong with you.”

Kyungsoo clicked his tongue and looked up at Kris directly in the eye. “You know what’s up? It’s you. You should go find someone tall to bug and tease all day and not waste anymore of my time.”

Kris looked surprised.

“What are you talking about?”

“Tch. And stop acting so dense about all of this. What are you trying to show?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about. Trust me.”

“I’m talking about all of these! One second you are trying to help me and make me feel all these butterflies in my stomach and then another second you pick on me with my height and then for all I know you want someone tall and angelic and kind and filial and knows how to cook and… qnd to think all you wanted to date was your fans and…and I’m so tired with all of this!”

“This what?”

“This. Us. You. Me.”

Kyungsoo’s words started to sink into Kris’s head. Silly, it’s you who is dense.

Kris smiled amusingly and there goes the butterflies in Kyungsoo’s stomach again.

“No Kyungsoo, you’re the one who is so dense.”

Kyungsoo wanted to laugh out loud. So you’re throwing back those things at me? Come one.

“Haven’t you realized? I like someone who wants to cook.” Kris shot. “Who cooks for EXO?”

Kyungsoo’s mouth hang open. He was silent, trying to absorb every word from Kris’s mouth.

“I like someone who is filial and I could only think of one person.”

“I like someone who is kind.”

“I like someone who smiles like an angel.”

Kris looks at him adoringly.

“But you like someone who is tall.” Kyungsoo countered.

“I didn’t say that. It was the host who suggested it, all I said was maybe.”

“B-but—”

“You’re the one who is dense here Shorty. Didn’t you hear Luhan a while ago? Maybe not, because you were so busy getting jealous.” Kris shot.

Kyungsoo was speechless. Excuse me? Me? Jealous? Tch. Over my dead body.

“What made you say I’m jealous?” Kyungsoo answered furiously, folding his arms. His eyes narrowing.

“You are irrationally about petty things.”

Petty things? And Kris calls this a petty thing?

Before Kyungsoo could react. Kris pulled Kyungsoo into a tight and warm embrace.

“I’m thankful that you cook for us even when you are tired. I’m happy that you are always kind enough to act as a mother to all of us. I’m thankful that you are here Kyungsoo. I like your smile and I like…I like teasing you a lot because… I like you.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in surprise. He thought he was the only one hurting. He thought he was the only one getting attached to him. He thought…he thought…

“Stop pushing me away. I’ll always bug you Shorty.” Kris whispered softly, running his hand on Kyungsoo’s back.

“Stop calling me Shorty.” Kyungsoo complained. His breathe hot on Kris’s chest.

“I like our height difference. It makes us look good together.”

“I have a name. It’s Do Kyungsoo.”

“You’re Shorty to me.”

Kyungsoo wanted to punch this stubborn Kris but he didn’t have the energy to argue. All he wanted to do was melt into that warm embrace.

“Do you think we look good together?” Kris asked placing his chin above Kyungsoo’s head. Kyungsoo grinned at the idea then he nodded. “We look good together.” He replied and hugged his giant back.

 

 


I’m sorry folks but Kris’s eyes only sees Kyungsoo (and his height haha).