Shorty Needs Superman

We Look Good Together

 

 

Shorty needs Superman

 

 

Kyungsoo was in the kitchen laying the ingredients for breakfast on the marble counter. His eye lids were still heavy because EXO finished filming their comeback music video at 1 in the morning and they slept around 2.

He yawned and rubbed his soggy eyes. “Aish...”

He decided to get a bowl and a whisk. He was the only one awake despite the fact that it was already 8 o’clock in the morning. He opened the cupboard and reached for the bowl but he can’t reach it. He tiptoed and attempted to reach it but still can’t. He jumped this time but still the bowl was out of his reach. He started to become impatient.

“Need help there honey?”

Kyungsoo turned and saw Kris wearing a superman outfit. The last time he checked Halloween was still months away but Kris seemed to have brain defects or something. He was always wondering why the things he set on the lower shelf of the cupboard are magically transferred on the highest shelf, where he can’t reach. Damn it.

“Don’t worry, Superman is here to help!” Kris exclaimed, spreading his cape and then did some fighting stunts on his spot. What is wrong with him?!

“Bam! Pow! Kya!”

Kyungsoo looked unamused.

“Just get the freaking bowl Kris”

Kris smiled enthusiastically and ran towards the cupboard and grabbed the bowl effortlessly. He gave it to Kyungsoo, kneeling on one knee.

Kyungsoo didn’t even spare another second to look at Kris and snatched the bowl from his hands.

“Hey! I deserve something back!” Kris whined, standing up and dusting his knees. “I’m busy Kris” Kyungsoo replied and started to crack the eggs.

“…but thank you” he added, glancing sideways.

Kyungsoo yawned again, turning his head away. Seeing this, Kris shook his head looking at Kyungsoo. “You should’ve just stayed in bed Shorty”

“Call me Shorty and I’ll kill you” Kyungsoo shot.

Before Kyungsoo could even react, Kris shoved his hands under Kyungsoo’s legs and behind his back, carrying him in bridal style.

“You can do that later but now, you should seriously get some rest” Kris answered sternly, bringing him to the couch.

“I still have to cook”

“Leave it to me; I’m Superman for a reason” he shot confidently.

Kyungsoo was speechless, he didn’t even have the energy to talk back anymore, and especially that Kris sounds dead serious. Since EXO-M moved in with them, he always woke up early to help him prepare breakfast for everyone.

Kris dropped him and set a pillow on the side; he pushed Kyungsoo to lie and then grabbed a blanket. He puts it over Kyungsoo and pats his head.

“Rest now Shorty, let Superman do the job!” he said and walked to the kitchen.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up when he heard Baekhyun and Chanyeol rumbling in the background. He sat up and stretched his arms widely then he remembered. Right, Kris.

He rushed towards the kitchen and no one was there. He walked to the dining room and saw everyone on their seats.

“Oh, there you are Kyungsoo-hyung, good morning.” Sehun greeted, settling on his seat. Kyungsoo searched for Kris and he was in the far end of the table, wearing a pair of sunglasses. He wanted to laugh. Why is Superman wearing shades?

He went towards the chair across Kris’s and looked at him.

“Hey there, here’s pancake topped with honey and strawberries with whip cream. Don’t worry that’s sugar free and I counted the calories already.” Kris placed the plate, flashing a wide smile and secretly winked. Kyungsoo glared at him and looked at the other members who seemed to be clueless. He sighs in relief and then sat on the chair in front of Kris.

 

 

Kyungsoo was always the last one to finish eating and for some reason, Kris finds this good news. Everyone has finished eating already. Some went to watch TV, some went back to sleep and some were taking a bath while Kris and Kyungsoo were left alone in the dining table.

“What?” Kyungsoo asks, his eyes narrowing as Kris continued to stare at him.

“I reached the bowl for you”

“And?”

“I cooked pancakes”

“And?”

 “I need a reward”

“I didn’t know Superman asks for something back. I thought he was this kind-hearted flying freak”

Kris pouts and rolled his eyes, looking away. Kyungsoo just ignored him, taking another bite of his pancake.

“I deserve a decent thank you, you know” Kris commented, looking at Kyungsoo who couldn’t care less.

“Well then, thank you”

Kris smiles awkwardly and then leasn closer to Kyungsoo, turned his head on the side and then pointed at his cheek.

“You should probably place a thank you kiss here”

Kyungsoo kicked his leg under the table. “Can you please stop that, people can hear you. I already said thank you.”

Kris grimaced and lowered his head. Kyungsoo got even more irritated at this. He sometimes doesn’t know what to do with this ed-faced giant who magically turns into superman early in the morning.

Kris finally gives up and stood up grumpily, getting his empty plate with him. He walks out with his head lowered down, his mouth was pouting and his posture was poor—his shoulders were down.

Seeing this, Kyungsoo sighs in defeat and follows Kris in the kitchen sink. Kris was turning his back on him, attending to the filthy dishes.

Kyungsoo breathes heavily before walking to him, he stopped right beside him and then glanced around trying to see if someone was around—there was none. He pulls his long arm, making Kris turn to him.

“Just this once Superman”

Then he tiptoed, giving a light kiss on Kris’s cheek.

 

Flashback

Everyone so tired after the filming that they rushed into their beds the moment they arrived at the dorm, well everyone except for one.

Kris secretly makes his way to the kitchen and searched for the whisk, the bowl and other utensils that Kyungsoo would probably use tomorrow.

He opens the cupboard and places the whisk, the bowl and the other utensils on the topmost shelf. He smirks and closed the cupboard quietly making his way out to the kitchen and into his the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Kris excitedly lies on his bed, giggling to himself. It was weird that he was doing all of these just to get a kiss from Kyungsoo. It was ridiculous but it was worth a try. He did't mind to get dark eye bags under his eyes tomorrow, as long as he's getting a kiss from Kyungsoo.

BB creme and sunglasses would do that job for him later.

 

 

And this everyone is a guide on how to get a kiss from you crush without seeming too desperate by Wu Yi Fan.