Stop Enduring

Darling

A few months have gone by and Minah is now officially dating Yura. Although it hurt Minah that Hyeri avoided her like a disease, she knew that it was for the better. Yura no longer had to drive Hyeri to school because the girl promised to get to school on time by herself, which she managed to do. During class, the two of them didn't even look at each other, well Minah tried but Hyeri would look away. On the bright side, Hyeri had managed to turn over a new leaf. She was never a dumb student, just a bad student. Now she is able to maintain a B average, but Minah believed Hyeri did this to avoid the risk of even getting tutored by her. The most awkward is when their families have a big dinner together. Everyone knew Yura and Minah were dating, but Hyeri's parents also knew that their daughter was in love with Eunji and Naeun's youngest child. 

At the Jung Manor...

"Aunt Jessica" Minah called out as she knocked on the doctor's door.

"Come in" Jessica told her niece. 

Minah opened the door and then politely closed it before walking over to her aunt, who was busy looking through files.

"What's wrong kid?" Jessica asked the teenager.

"I don't really know myself" Minah sighed as she told her Aunt. Jessica turned around and sat next to the girl.

"You having relationship problems with Ahyoung?"

Minah shook her head.

"No, it's not that. Not at all, I really do like Yura Unnie and she's the sweetest person ever. She picks me up on time every day, she's always texting and calling me, she sends me the cutest messages, she gives me everything she can and never asks for anything in return. I can tell that Yura Unnie truly loves me more than anything else in the world. Yura Unnie is the perfect girlfriend and I'm honestly incredibly blessed to have her as my girlfriend." Minah confessed with a deep sigh of frustration.

"She sounds perfect, so why the long face?"

"It's because she's so perfect, I feel bad that I can't return the feelings back. I mean I do like her, a lot, but I can't say it's all love. It's more like a mix of love and admiration."

"Aww kiddo" Jessica mumbled and hugged her niece.

"So where does Hyeri come into play?" Jessica asked.

"Y-You can tell?!"

"Sweetie, I'm old, not stupid."

"I... I think maybe I still have some feelings for Hyeri" Minah admitted.

"Still? You liked her before?"

The teenager simply nodded.

"So what made you dislike her?"

"It's a long story."

Flashback

"Minah! Wake up you lil lazy !" Sojin shouted at her sister while banging on the younger's door.

Minah groggily woke up and practically crawled to her bathroom like a baby. She freshened herself up and then went downstairs to join her family for breakfast. Eunji was already at work so it was just Sojin and their mother.

"Why are you so tired honey?" Naeun asked her younger daughter.

"I was staying up doing something" Minah explained as she took a seat and started eating her breakfast.

"She was making chocolates for Hyeri~" Sojin teased.

"Yah! Unnie!" Minah whined and blushed.

"Oh? You plan on giving Hyeri chocolate?"

Minah was embarrassed but she nodded.

The young girl had stayed up until 3 in the morning to make chocolate for Hyeri because it was Valentine's Day. Today was the day that she planned on telling Hyeri that she liked her. At first Minah wanted to believe it was just a phase, but Hyeri's playful and happy personality convinced her that it was more than that. Minah finished her breakfast and went to the kitchen to put away her dishes and get the chocolate that she had prepared for Hyeri.

"Bye mom! Bye Unnie!" Minah said and ran to the bus stop. Once she got to school, she searched all around for Hyeri. All the other students had no idea where the troublemaker had gone, but Minah didn't give up. Eventually she heard from Seolhyun that Hyeri had gone to the school's library.

'That's weird... since when did Hyeri study... or read books?' Minah thought but shrugged it off and ran to the library. She saw Hyeri's bag by the end of the library and walked towards it. She could hear some noises coming from the bookshelf and she quietly walked there. She stopped when she realized what she was hearing.

There on the floor, against the bookshelf, was Hyeri and an upperclassmen. The two were in the middle of a make out session, completely ignoring everything and everyone around them. The girl was on Hyeri's lap while the latter was busy kissing her and her hand roaming all over the other girl's body. Minah wanted to cry then and there, but she knew better. Instead, the girl quietly ran out of the library and hid in a music room that was empty at the moment. She tried so hard to erase the image out of her head, but she couldn't. Minah looked at the wrapped chocolate that she had prepared for Hyeri and scoffed then threw the bag on the floor. Minah leaned against the piano and began to sob softly.

'Jung Minah you idiot, why would Hyeri ever like you? You're just an ugly and nerdy bookworm. There are so many guys and girls out there who are way more attractive than you'

Because she was too busy crying, Minah couldn't hear footsteps coming her way and the door closing.

"Why is my princess crying?" a voice asked.

Minah looked up, only to see Yura staring at her with a worried face.

"It's nothing" Minah mumbled.

Yura sat on the floor and in front of Minah. She held the younger closely.

"You can tell me anything Princess." Yura whispered.

"I really don't want to talk about it" Minah sighed but kissed Yura's cheek as a sign that she appreciated how caring the older was. 

Yura looked at the bag of chocolate next to her and picked up the bag.

"Valentine's Day chocolate?"

"It's not important anymore. Just throw it out for me please. Besides... it's probably burnt." Minah muttered. She had finally stopped crying, but she had no energy anymore.

Yura pouted and didn't want the chocolate to go to waste, especially not when it's made by her precious Minah. The older girl opened the bag carefully and began to eat the chocolate. Just like Minah said, the sweet was a tad bit burnt, but Yura wasn't going to complain.

"Unnie! It's garbage! Don't eat that!"

"How can anything you make be garbage? You could give me actual garbage and I'd still eat it" Yura sweetly said and finished the entire bag.

Minah blushed at the kind words and looked away from Yura's loving stares.

'I wish I could have fallen for you instead Yura Unnie'

"C'mon Minah, let's go shopping." Yura happily said.

"What?"

"One day without school wouldn't hurt. I'll be your valentine today."

'And every day if only you'd let me' Yura thought.

Minah finally managed to crack a small smile as she held Yura's hand.

"You want to be my Valentine?" Minah shyly asked.

"It would be my honor" Yura corrected.

Flashback Ends

"Since that incident, I've held a grudge against Hyeri and kinda had a small crush on Yura Unnie.

"So you like..."

"Both."

"Well who do you like more?"

"I.. I really don't know. Hyeri has been my crush since I was little, but Yura Unnie is the one who has always been there for me. She always treated me well and I know she's someone I can only grow to like more and more."

"I wish I could help you sweetheart, but I'm not the one who will be dating so I can't make the decision for you. That's your choice and the way I see it, there is no right or wrong decision. You do what makes you feel right okay?"

"I know Auntie. Thank you for listening to me" Minah weakly smiled.

"Anytime for my favorite niece... don't tell Sojin"

"Ahaha I know"

The two of them were watching television when they heard a loud and distinctive voice.

"Jessi!! I'm home!!"

Jessica merely sighed at her wife's loud voice while Minah giggled.

"Aunt Tiffany is so adorable"

"More like loud."

"She's adorably loud"

"I brought home some pizz- oh Minah! How are you doing sweetie?!" Tiffany smiled and placed the food on the table then hugged her young niece.

"C-Can't breathe" Minah mumbled.

"You need to visit us more often Jung Minah! We love seeing you and your sister!"

"Baby, Minah is going to faint if you keep this up" Jessica chuckled and Tiffany let go of Minah.

"Oh how rude of me, you haven't visited in so long. Let me cook something for you!"

"Thank you Aunt Tiffany but that's really not necessar-"

Before Minah could reject the woman, Tiffany had already made her way to the kitchen.

"Well, I guess I'll tell your mothers that you're staying for dinner"

"Thank you Aunt Jessica"

"Anytime"

After dinner, Minah said farewell to her grandparents and Aunt Tiffany and was then driven home by Jessica.

Jessica drove up to her younger sister's house and watched as Minah went home before driving back to the Jung family manor.

"I'm home! Mom! Appa! Sojin Unnie!" Minah called out.

"Appa's on a shift. Mom's taking a shower." Sojin replied in the living room as she was flipping through channels.

The younger Jung put away her shoes and sat next to her beloved older sister.

"How was dinner with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jessica and Aunt Tiffany?"

"It was good" Minah mumbled and leaned on Sojin's shoulder.

"You look tired, you should sleep" Sojin suggested and pinched Minah's nose.

"Unnieeee" the younger whined.

"You're still such a baby" Sojin teased.

"Carry me to my room!" Minah begged with her aegyo. Sojin frowned but eventually gave in. If there was one person she could never deny requests from, it would be her younger sister. Sojin lifted Minah up and carried her little sister to her room and kissed her on the forehead good night.

"Good night you little dork."

"Good night Unnie"

~~

The next day Minah went to school rather early and none of the rooms were unlocked yet so she decided to get some peace and quiet by the pond. Yura had texted her earlier that she had some errands to run so they couldn't be together in the morning.

As Minah was walking through the pond, she heard the sound of a guitar playing. The young girl curiously walked to the sound of the music and saw Hyeri sitting on a bench while playing the instrument, her eyes were closed.

Once Hyeri finished, she opened her eyes and leaned against the bench.

"I didn't know you knew how to play guitar."

Hyeri didn't expect anyone else to be here and jumped at the sound of Minah's voice.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" Minah apologized.

"It's alright. I just wasn't expecting anyone"

The older of the two nodded and slowly walked over to Hyeri.

"Can I sit?"

"Sure" Hyeri shrugged and moved over a bit to make room for her old crush.

"So when did you learn how to play guitar?" Minah asked.

"All those days of cutting school helped me discover hidden places. I found this one guitar store and the owner taught me how to play"

"That's cool"

"Thanks"

"So.. how have you been?"

"I've been fine. My grades are better and my parents worry less about me now"

"That's great"

"How about you? Things with Dork-Ra going good?"

"I've been... good. Yura Unnie is nice to me"

"That's good"

Minah's POV

I listened as Hyeri continued speaking.

"You're a great girl. If she ever hurts you, I'll teach her a lesson" She joked but this made me realize she is a great girl, she has been for a while but I didn't give her the chance.

"I'm sorry" I muttered and started crying.

"Hey what's wrong?!" Hyeri panicked.

"I ruined everything. I should've given you a chance. I'm selfish. I hurt you and now I'm indirectly hurting Yura Unnie. I'm such a terrible person." I said everything I have been bottling up.

"Shh... Shh... it's okay. It's okay... just relax. You're not a terrible person okay?"

"So... you don't hate me?"

"Why would I hate you? That's childish."

She wiped away my remaining tears and gave me a smile that I haven't seen in a long time. I looked into her eyes and finally mustered up the courage to tell her what I've wanted to say for so long.

'Jung Minah. Stop lying. Stop enduring'.

"I love you"

She moved back and looked at me, clearly confused.

"I've always loved you"

"Minah I-"

"I'm sorry I was such a to you these last few years. But I have loved you since we were young. I always did and I still do."

Her eyes were wandering all over the place, looking everywhere but at me.

"Hyeri-ah" I called out and placed my hands on her cheeks to make her look at me.

"How do you feel about me Yoon-Park Hyeri?"

I saw her bite her lower lip and close her eyes before heaving a deep sigh.

"I love you too Jung-Son Minah."

TBC

So the next chapter will probably be the last instead. Sorry for such a late update but I've just been really busy. Thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing. ; u ; Until next update! I apologize for any typos. I'm surprised it's not 2am lol