Insane

Darling

"I love you Minah, as more than a friend" Yura said in the most serious tone Minah has ever heard her best friend use.

"Unnie... I-"

"Minah, I truly love you. I've always loved you but I was too scared to let you know. But I can't just stay quiet anymore when Hyeri is threatening to take you away from me. I'm fine with you not loving me back, but please don't love someone else" the student council president confessed and Minah felt a few tear drops on her cheek. The younger carefully placed her hand on Yura's cheek.

"Yura Unnie, look at me."

Yura had no choice but to listen to her longtime crush. She looked down and saw Minah giving her the sweetest smile she has ever seen.

"Unnie, please don't cry. I don't like seeing you cry. And please don't worry about something like that. Yes I did like Hyeri before, but I would be an idiot to chose her over you."

"Wh-"

"Unnie, I might not love you the way you do, but it doesn't mean I can't learn to love you. You're the perfect girl and anyone would be lucky to get to date you. Just for now, how about we just remain best friends, but you can be as open with your feelings as you want?" Minah suggested and kissed her best friend's cheek, successfully bringing a smile and blush to Kim Yura's face.

Yura smiled and kissed Minah's forehead in return.

"Thank you." whispered the older.

"You're welcome" Minah giggled and that never failed to make Yura's heart skip a beat. The latter stared at Minah's inviting lips and felt growing dry. She just kissed those lips not too long ago, but she already missed them.

"M-Minah..." stuttered Yura.

"Yes Unnie?"

"C-Can I kiss you again? One last time?" Yura pouted as she gave the request.

How could anyone say no?

Although she was incredibly embarrassed, Minah slowly nodded for approval and closed her eyes as she felt Yura's soft lips brushing against hers once again. The younger wrapped her arms around Yura's neck so she could feel her best friend more closely, and Yura was more than happy to give Minah whatever she wanted, even all of her.

'This feels so wrong, but Yura Unnie is so sweet'

'I'll erase all your thoughts about Hyeri and replace them with just me'

~~

Hyeri stood alone outside the school, waiting for Minah to come out. She knows Minah is still inside the building because the guards didn't see her leave. The troublemaker waited for another 10 minutes before seeing the figure by the door. A smile almost formed, until she saw Minah holding hands with Yura and walking to her direction. As if she had just seen the most painful thing in her lifetime, Hyeri bit her lower lip and held back her tears. Yura was not only holding Minah's hand, but she was also whispering into the popular freshman's ears, occasionally giving her kisses on her cheek or hand. The worst part was seeing the bright smile on Minah's face. Hyeri slowly walked away from her childhood 'friends' and began her long and lonely journey home. Half way there, a downpour began to happen, but Hyeri didn't seem to notice or care. She remained walking lifelessly until she reached her house. The short haired brunette opened the door to her empty home, both her parents were working right now. Throwing her school uniform to a random area of her room, Hyeri went inside her bathroom to take a quick shower. Once she finished, Hyeri locked the door to her room and crawled into bed before finally breaking down.

Yoon Hyeri was crying.

Crying harder than she has ever cried before.

This was worse than the time she fell off a tree and broke her arm. Or that time that time she tripped and scraped her knee so bad that she still has a scar. Or that time she got into a fight with a gang from another school and had the crap beat out of her. Not once has Hyeri cried. All her life, she was used to pain. From getting abused by her birth parents to getting sent to an orphanage where no one gave a about her. Yoon-Park Hyeri was strong. Crying is not something she does.

That is until now.

'Why does this hurt so much?'

~~

A car slowly pulled up in front of the Jung manor and the driver opened the passenger door for the pampered princess of the huge estate.

"Thank you for driving me home Yura Unnie"

"You're welcome, and I'll always do it for you" Yura smiled.

"You're really the best" Minah giggled and quickly pecked Yura's lips before running into her home. Yura watched Minah go safely into her home and then got inside her car. The model student started her drive home and reached her house in about 20 minutes. Yura took out her keys to open her door but then heard a text alert from her phone. She rummaged through her pockets before finally getting out her phone.

From: My Princess

- Thank you so much Yura Unnie. Please drive home safely! I'll see you tomorrow. Good night... and... I love you >///<

Yura grinned at the last part of the message. Minah always told her those three words, but after what happened earlier, Yura now believes there is more to those words than just a friend thing.

To: My Princess

- I told you, it's no bother. LOL I'm home already! Have a good night, don't stay up too late to study.
P.S I love you too.

Yura smiled at the messaged and opened the door to her house.

"I'm home."

~~

Minah walked out of her bathroom after taking a shower and received the text message. The freshman silently squealed once she opened the message. Her sister, Sojin, was walking into the younger's room (the two had stopped sharing a room once Sojin entered high school but they would still spend time in each other's room a lot) and stopped when she noticed Minah blushing while looking at her phone. The older Jung quietly crept behind Minah and peek at the message.

"You and Ahyoung are finally dating?" Sojin asked and her sister jumped in shock.

"Y-Yah! Unnie! Can't you knock?!" Minah complained.

"When have you ever knocked when you entered my room?" Sojin fired back and the younger got quiet because her sister had a point.

"Exactly. So you two dating or what?"

"No? Yes? I don't really know... it's complicated" the younger Jung sighed and laid down on her bed. The college student raised an eyebrow in confusion but sat next to the younger to comfort her. 

"Unnie, what do you think is true love?"

"Huh?! Oh.. uhm.. I guess when two people only think about each other?"

"So like you and Leo Oppa?"

"Of course I like him, which is why I'm dating him, but I'm not sure if I'll call it love. Why are you asking me anyway?"

"I think I like Yura Unnie as more than a friend but I'm not sure."

"Hm... well I know she definitely loves you. But I don't know about you" Sojin replied.

"Which is exactly the problem! I don't want to disappoint her." sighed Minah.

"You can't force yourself to like someone."

"Falling in love with the right person is so hard."

"You'll figure it out eventually baby sis. For now, just go with what feels right." said Sojin as she played with her little sister's hair. Minah closed her eyes and smiled at her sister's soothing gestures. She always loved how much Sojin spoiled her.

"Are you hungry Minnie?"

"No" Minah answered without opening her eyes, Sojin was still touching Minah's hair.

"You tired?"

"Exhausted"

The younger Jung could hear her sister chuckle, but she didn't mind.

"Unnie-Yah" Minah whined.

"Hm?"

"Stay here tonight and snuggle with Minnie please?" Minah begged and used her puppy face to convince her sister, which wasn't necessary because Sojin always did whatever her little sister wanted.

"Alright. I got no classes tomorrow anyway."

"Yay~" Minah moved away a little to make room for her sister to join her in her queen sized bed. Sojin pulled the covers over the two of them and felt Minah come closer to her. The older sister wrapped her arms protectively around her beloved sister and then planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Night Minnie"

"Good night Unnie" Minah muttered while nuzzling her head against Sojin's neck, the latter rested her chin on Minah's head while the two shared a pillow.

'Oh Yura, Yoon Hyeri, if either of you hurt my baby sister, I will break every bone in your bodies'

~~

"Hyeri-Yah, open the door for me please. You need to eat dinner" Chorong begged her only child.

"I'm not hungry mom" Hyeri weakly answered.

"Yah! Yoon Hyeri, if you don't open this door, I will break it down!" Bomi screamed.

"Just do it then. I don't have the energy to fight or anything. Please, just leave me alone for now" Chomi's daughter begged to her parents.

Chorong and Bomi looked at each other and realized something was definitely wrong with their daughter. The two walked downstairs to call Eunji and Naeun because the only time Yoon Hyeri would even get this emotional is if it had to do with Jung Minah. They waited for Eunji to pick up, and after a few rings, the tired psychologist grumpily answered the phone.

"Ugh, what do you want gori-mi?" Eunji asked on the other side of the line.

"Wow someone's grumpy" Bomi pouted even though Eunji wouldn't be able to see it.

"Sorry Bomi Unnie. My baby panda here is grumpy because she's been getting so much ovetime that she rarely has time to spend with me. She's mad that the one night she doesn't stay in the hospital got interrupted by you" Naeun explained.

"Ooh. I'm sorry Eun! But this is an emergency! You and Naeun can get back to catching up on your fuc- I mean activities tonight!"

"Yoon Bomi, I will find you and I will kill you" Eunji threatened.

"Please ignore Bomi, Eunji. So can we have a moment?" Chorong asked her co-worker.

"Always for you Unnie" Eunji replied carelessly, which caused her to get negative responses from her wife and Chorong's wife.

"Yah! Jung Eunji! Is Chorong Unnie more important to you than your own wife?!" Naeun scolded.

"Jung! Don't ya dare flirt with my wife! You lost your chance with her!" Bomi yelled.

Eunji and Chorong could only mentally facepalm at the immaturity of their wives.

"Obviously not Naeun. In my heart there is and will always be only you my love. I may find time for Chorong Unnie, but for you, I will make time even if I can't. I will force the universe to make a day 28 hours long if I have to just because 24 hours a day with you is not enough and it never will be." Eunji sweetly said and gently kissed Naeun's nose then her forehead and then finally her wife's lips. That successfully caused her wife to blush and forget about why she was even angry at the first place. Bomi would've vomited in after hearing her best friend say such nauseating and cringe-worthy words if not for the fact that she was still upset at Eunji for 'flirting' with her wife.

Meanwhile Chorong was not one to be sweet and endearing, instead she turned to Bomi and shouted "Yah! Yoon Bomi! Do you not trust me?! Why would I marry you if I didn't love you?! Stupid!". The psychiatrist then lightly hit Bomi's head, causing her wife to groan in pain. The 2eun couple heard Chorong's violent 'tough love' and could only pity the police officer.

"Oh... kay, so let's get back to the problem here. What's up you two?" Eunji asked.

"Alright so, Hyeri is acting really weird today, do you think something happened to Minah and Hyeri at school?"

"I don't know." Eunji answered.

"Can we speak to Minah?" Chorong asked.

"Can't. Our daughters are already asleep." Naeun replied.

"Really?!"

"Yeah. Sorry. But why don't you try asking Hayoung, Namjoo and Ahyoung? Ahyoung would probably know what is up. I'll ask my daughter tomorrow and I hope Hyeri feels better" Eunji suggested. As much as she says that she does not like Hyeri, she saw Hyeri grew up and, very very very deep down, felt somewhat of a strange fondness for the troubled child. Of course she would never admit that she does.

"Thanks Eun. Good night" Bomi said to her best friend.

"You too Bbom-ah"

The Chomi couple did as the 2eun couple suggested and called the HaJoo couple, but they were not much help.

"I wonder what is going to Hyeri's mind right now" Bomi sighed in defeat.

"Maybe she's just tired, at least that's what I hope." Chorong says and rubs her temples.

Hyeri remained still on her bed, focusing her attention on a picture of her and Minah, one of the last ones they took together before everything changed. Minah always seemed to prefer spending time with Yura, at least that's why Hyeri thought.

You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again I wanna hate you
(You always pretend nothing is wrong)

'Do you really want to be with her and not me? Stop invading my mind like this. You're driving me insane Jung Minah'

'Why can't I just hate you?'

'Why are you the only one capable of hating between us?'

'Why can't you just love me?'

Hyeri asked herself all these questions and just sighed at how pathetic she sounded, at least to her she was pathetic.

'Maybe things are better this way. You want to be with Yura, not me.'

'I'll respect your wishes'

~~

Minah woke up the next morning and did her morning routines. Her sister had left way earlier to go to work at her engineering internship but didn't disturb her. After she finished everything, Minah checked her phone to see if she had gotten messages overnight. 

She received many sweet messages from Yura and smiled as she read every single one of them.

From: Yura Unnie <3

- Good morning princess
- Did you have a nice sleep?
- I dreamt of you last night. I was sad when I woke up but I was also happy because I remembered that I get to see you!
- Get ready! I'm coming over to drive you~
- Oh yeah I forgot!
- I love you my princess <3
- I'm willing to wait however long it takes for you to love me.
- Please respond soon so I don't seem so creepy sending you 100x texts T.T
- I'll stop now. See you soon! <3
- I love you.

She continued smiling until she saw a message from Hyeri. Minah was hesitant to open it, but finally convinced herself to.

From: Stupid Brat

- Good morning, I hope you had a nice sleep. Listen, I thought a lot about this last night and I've accepted that you like Yura, not me. I respect your decision and I know that dork will treat you right. From now on, let's just pretend that we don't know each other, I think that's the best for both of us. I promise you that I won't bother you ever again. I've already emailed our teacher to cancel our tutoring sessions. I'm sorry I was not the person that you felt was right for you. I'm lazy, rude and just a waste of space. Honestly, the only thing I believed was worth living for was you. I annoyed you so much just to get your attention. I wish I had been able to express myself better, but my feelings for you were 100% genuine. However, none of this matters anymore. Please be happy with Yura, always smile. I wish the two of us could at least be friends, but I can tell that it won't work out. Once again, I'm sorry. Thank you for your time Jung Minah. I truly love you. Since the first time I met you, I knew I loved you as way more than just a friend. I did when we were kids and I still do now. And that will never change.

Your troublemaker, Yoon-Park Hyeri

​After she read the text, Minah could feel her own cheeks being stained by her tears.

'Hyeri-Yah, I'm sorry.'

'Goodbye'

TBC

Woooow I am late! I am legit 4/5 asleep right now (fell asleep typing like 4 times). I probably have typos, please don't ever feel scared to point them out. Thank you all for reading and I'll see you next update. *hides from HyeMin shippers*. Thank you for the upvotes, comments and subscription! Next chapter will probably by the last or second to last chapter. Will Hyeri and Minah end up together in the end or will Minah pick Yura?!