Bang Yongguk & Hwang Rira

Going Crazy

      Last night in the club, befriending with Yongguk and made her friends envied her luck in being able to catch Yongguk's attention..all these felt so surreal to Rira. She was walking down the street, trying to make her way home after doing some errands, when it popped inside her mind again. It was impossible to shake off the image of him standing infront of her smiling and talking to her with his deep voice. Rira knew she was being envied by some of her friends who were stunned when she brought Yongguk to their table and introduced him as her friend. The ringing of her handphone made her stopped short her thoughts as she looked at the screen and saw a private number displayed. "Who might this be?" She hated it when she don't know who was calling her and ended up staring at the screen instead of answering it.

        The ringing tone that went on for too long was making him nervous. Yongguk don't know why he was starting to get worried when it seemed like she was not going to answer his call. "Why isn't she picking up the phone?" he mumbled. It took him a lot of courage to make this call and when the ringing came to an end, he felt disheartened. He sighed as he continued to look at the cds in the store, trying to decide whether he should try to call her again.

       When it stopped, Rira put away her handphone and continued walking. Her mind was still thinking of yesterday when a smile formed on her face as she thought about the scene outside the washroom. "That smile..that voice.." murmuring to herself and her smile grew wider. Out of sudden she froze in the middle of the pavement. "What is going on here?..why am I thinking of him over and over again?" questioning herself when she felt that she was starting to get excited with the mere thought of Yongguk. She closed her eyes and shook her head lightly, trying to tell herself to stop thinking of him and getting excited for no reason at all.

     "This is so uncool.." repeatingly telling himself when he noticed that he was actually figuring out whether he should try to call her again while his eyes were looking at the cd. It frightened him to see how he was being so eager to talk to her and showing her his eagerness would only shattered the cool image he had been maintaining eversince he became a rapper. He tried to forget his urge of calling her again as he gave his attention to the cd he was holding. "Aissh..jinjja (really)!..This is not helping me at all.." starting to get frustrated with himself when his other hand went inside his pocket and touched his handphone. Yongguk put back the cd, thinking that maybe he should head to the arcade to play some games to chase his urges away. He walked out of the store, turned the volum of his mp3 to the max and began to make his way to the arcade.

      "Rira-ya..please stop thinking too much of your new friend.." reminding herself as she started to walk again until she stopped at the junction waiting for the green man to appear. She repeated the same sentence when she started to cross the road as soon as it was safe to cross. With her head looking infront of her, she caught sight of someone and her feet seemed to be walking towards him. By the time she getting closer to him, he turned to a corner and had his back facing her. Rira decided to walk behind him and see what he was doing. It made her smile to see him shaking his head with his hands moving, just like how he performed on the stage.

       Rapping along with his head moving to the rhythm of the beat and had totally immersed himself in the song that was blasting in his ears. However, the thought of Rira crept inside his mind again. He stopped and so did Rira. Yongguk took of the headset and put it around his neck as he looked for her number. "One last try...if she picks up then I will continue to get to know her..if she did not..then I'll forget it.." he pressed her number and hoped that she will answer it.

     Seconds later, her handphone rang and Rira saw a private number again. She saw him putting his handphone on his ear and was curious if the private number was his. "Yobeoseyo (hello).." she answered it immediately while she stood behind him.

    When she did answer, he was a little taken aback this time. "Yo-yobeoseyo," started off stuttering upon hearing her voice.

     She smiled widely when she heard his deep voice. "Yongguk-sshi?..Is that you?" she asked as her eyes were fixed on his back and she found it cute that instead of answering to her answer, he was actually nodding his head first.

    "Ne~ (yes).." he finally answered and his brain started to think of the next thing for him to say to her.

    "Hmm..wassup Yongguk-sshi?" she asked and started to wonder when will be the best time to surprise him with her presence.

     Yongguk cleared his throat first. He did not know that he would be this nervous until his mind went blank. "Uhmm..what are you doing?" he asked and wished he could come up with a topic to talk to her before she finds him to be a bore.

   "I'm outside now..what about you?..what are you doing?" she took a step closer to him.

   "Eoh..I'm outside too..eerm.."

   "Outside where?" she interupted him before he could say more and she took another step closer to him. She was getting excited to see how he would react if she was to appear right infront of him. Yongguk was telling her the street he was at as she took another step. "Oh.. I'm walking around there too.." she took another step and was just a few inches away behind him. Rira was waiting for a chance to jump right infront of him.

  "Jinjja (seriously)?" he asked her excitedly and immediately started to turn around.

     Her plan backfired her when she was the one who was surprised to see him turn around unexpectedly. Rira heart skipped a beat to see him standing so close to her while Yongguk gulped the moment he saw her behind him. They awkwardly stood like that for a few seconds when Rira took a step backwards. They both took their handphones away from their ears and smiled shyly.

   "An-annyeong," it was her turn now to stutter as she slightly bowed her head at him.

    Although it was a surprised to see her but he was even more pleased to see Rira in a different kind of light today. It was dark in the club last night when he first saw her and now under the natural light, he was in awe to see how sweet she looked. He found himself gazing at her without returning her greetings.

    Rira couldn't stand having him staring at her. She waved her hand infront of his face and asked, "Yah..wae geurae (what's wrong)..is there anything on my face?" Yongguk nodded. "Jinjja (really)?..where is it?"

    Yongguk smiled and replied briefly, "Everywhere.."

  "Everywhere on my face?...Yah..nollinya (are you making fun of me)?"

  "Jinjjaya (it's true).. its on your face..all over your face.." he paused and Rira started to go to the window pane of a store they were standing infront of. Yongguk stood behind her and saw her checking out her face. He leaned a bit to the front, bringing his head closer to her ear as he joined in with her in looking at the reflection. In his low deep voice, he whispered, "You have sweetness all over your face until my eyes dont wanna look away.."

    Her breath got stuck in . She could feel her heartbeat stopped a few seconds before it started to beat crazily. "Is that a flirt or a compliment?....Should I just ignore it and pretend I didnt hear it?" she choosed the latter. With her face looking calm, she asked, "So Yongguk sshi, what are you doing here? Shopping?"

    Yongguk stood up straight with furrowed brows he answered, "Just walking around. My friend left me alone and I'm bored.." A little bit disappointed that she seemed to ignore what he had said before but decided to let it go. "Neo (you)?"

    "Yongguk?" a guy's voice interupted them before Rira could answer him. Without turning her head, she saw the reflection on the window pane and her eyes widened. It definitely looked like someone she knew.

      Yongguk turned around. "Yah!..Yoseob!" he exclaimed as he walked over to Yoseob and gave him a hug. "Oraenmaniya (It's been awhile)...how are you?"

   "I'm fine..yaaaah..it's good to see you man.." Yoseob replied with a smile and took a peek at the girl standing behind him. She had her back facing him and she looked familiar. "Eoh..meet my girl..Kang Hani.." he introduced to Yongguk the girl standing beside him. "Hani-ah..Yongguk is a friend of mine..we met in the club a year ago."

    Rira's heart sank. She knew it was him she saw in the reflection. Memories started to flood her mind. She remembered that name and she still recognised the voice.

    Hani smiled at Yongguk. She always loved it when Yoseob introduced her as his girl. Eventhough it had been months they had started dating and she had heard that word a lot of times, it would still made her heart flutter.

    Yongguk turned around, he too wanted to introduce to Yoseob his new found friend. "Yah..Rira-sshi..iri wa (come here)..I want you to meet a friend of mine.." he called out to her.

    Upon hearing her name, Yoseob's jaw dropped.

    Upon hearing her name, Hani knew she had heard Yoseob telling her the name of the girl who was standing beside him in a few photos that she accidentally saw it in his photo album.

    Upon hearing her name being called, Rira did not know what to do. "A friend of yours is an ex boyfriend of mine.." She bear no grudges with him since it was by a mutual agreement that they should stop dating after realising that love did not exist in their relationship but still, she found it hard to look at him. However she can't be standing like this...Rira took a deep breath before she finally turned around with a smile on her face as she walked and stood beside Yongguk.

   Upon seeing her face again, Yoseob was reminded of their memories together.

   Upon seeing her face, Hani knew she was the girl in the photos, standing beside her guy. She remembered him telling her briefly about their relationship and how it ended. She felt uncomfortable as she looked at Yoseob's reaction when he looked at Rira.

   "Rira-sshi..this is my friend, Yoseob..this guy's voice is DOPE..you should really hear him sing.." Yongguk began to introduced the two of them.

     Rira just smiled and bowed to him awkwardly. She had longed knew that Yoseob had beautiful voice, she made it a point that he sang for her every now and then.

   "Yongguk ah.. I think she knows about it..I had been singing for her almost everyday before..she made me do that.." Yoseob bluntly said it.

    A pinch of jealousy filled Hani's heart but she still had a smile on her face.

    Rira was surprised to hear him saying that and Yongguk was astounded to know that these guys knew each other. She knew that the girl standing beside Yoseob was his girl and she was worried if the girl would misunderstood. He heard what Yoseob had said and without knowing it, he felt envious towards him for being able to sing to her.

    "Kang Hani..that's my name.." Hani offered a hand towards Rira with a smile eventhough she was getting upset that Yoseob seemed to forget about introducing her to Rira.

    "Hwang Rira.." Rira briefly introduced herself as they both shook hands. It felt awkward but she was glad to see Hani smiling at her. Rira looked at her watch, "Eoh..I have to go now..the two girls are waiting for me at home.." She was prepared to walk away from all of them.

   "How are Soo Hyo and Tae bin?.. Tae Bin as hyper as she was before?" Yoseob asked and Rira turned to him.

    Hani and Yongguk looked intensely at the two of them and wondered who owned the names that Yoseob had mentioned. Both felt left out at that moment.

   "They are fine..and yes Tae Bin is still hyper and will always be a handful to look after," she answered. Rira was a little shock that he could still remember the names of her two young sisters.

    Yoseob looked at Hani. "Soo Hyo and Tae Bin are her younger siblings..and the little one is the cutest.." he said it with a grin on his face when he recalled how he used to spend time with Rira and the two girls. Hani nodded her head. Felt disappointed that he still remembered about Rira's sisters and with how happy he looked right now.

   "Ahhh..I'm missing Tae Bin..can I see her sometimes? Did she ever ask about me?" he asked and Rira was startled. Hani was upset at Yoseob's sudden request and Yongguk had a frown on his face without him realising it. Yoseob was missing the times he had spent his times with the cute little Tae Bin who warms his heart everytime he looked at her.

   "I think you should go back and see your sisters.." Yongguk suddenly snapped. The conversation was making him feeling a little bit strange until it came to a point that he did not wish to hear Yoseob saying anything more. "Yoseob ah..we meet again some other day okay?..I'm still at the same club performing with Himchan..come when you are free and bring along your girl too..Annyeong (bye).." He took her hand and pulled her along when he started to walk away from Hani and Yoseob.

     He was still holding on to her hand as they got further away from Yoseob and Hani. Yongguk was confused with the way he was acting while Rira was glad that he took her away since she don't know what to answer to Yoseob. Instead of wondering why he was in a rush to make her go back home, she was more interested in the tingling sensation she felt with the warmth of his palm against hers.

     Meanwhile, for the couple who were left behind..Yoseob was looking at the two of them walking away and Hani was gradually feeling uneasy with what was happening infront of her eyes. She sulked at him when he finally looked at her and in an instant he knew what he said might had caused a little misunderstanding but before he could say something, Hani turned around and started to walk away from him....