Character Description

Fresh off the Boat to College

I don't expect you to read all this, but this is just a reference for their personalities, major, and potential careers. Also a reference for myself. Side by side boxes indicate they are roommates. For example, Junmyeon and Sehun are rooming buddies.

Junmyeon

 

Junmyeon is in his third year of college (a junior…sort of?). He has switched his major twice. His first major was English because he had an abundance of storylines, but then realized the book industry was way too hard to break into for a Korean-American. He switched to Korean because right now is the best time to reconnect with his roots. Then he realized how horrible he is in Korean and languages in general and decided to go study Medical Laboratory Science in order to become a lab scientist. Except science and math are languages in itself, but Junmyeon is in too deep in his major too give up now. Not to mention his traditional Korean parents approve of his new career path.

 

Junmyeon is very book smart and likes to communicate using hand written things rather than spoken words. But when the time calls for it, he can definitely speak with a loud voice and charisma. Sometimes the only thing stopping him are his insecurities in himself. Somewhat introverted and shy, but once people get to know him, he will be very clingy, but very caring, always saying yes before thinking, usually forgetting about his needs to tends to others.

Sehun

 

This is Sehun's first year of college and he's at lost at what to do, an undeclared major. Hence, why he is Junmyeon's roommate, who is also his mentor. His typical Asian parents want him to take on the stereo-typical Asian job of a doctor because money hello! Sehun's not really sure what he himself really wants though. Hopefully taking his general education classes first will help him decide on something.

 

Sehun is very introverted and let's others approach him first before he speaks. Even then, he will only give short, curt, and blunt answers. He is very truthful and loyal to his friends. He'll go to great lengths to make sure they are out of harm's way. Though, inside Sehun is cute and endearing, even if he may come off and standoffish. 

Chanyeol

 

Chanyeol is in his second year of college (sophomore), he is extremely smart, but despises studying. He's the type of student who can fly by with A's and B's without hitting the books like crazy. He's currently doing a double major in Biology and Chemistry in order to become a Pediatrician.

 

Chanyeol is very bubbly and happy, people flock to him and open up to him very easily. He is the kind of person Junmyeon and Sehun would be jealous of in social surroundings. He is very talkative, but when he does listen to, he can give very good advice. He is a very loyal friend and goes to great lengths to make sure the people around him are happy and not sad.

Kris

 

Kris is in his fourth year of school (senior) in a major in accounting; he'll eventually get his master's degree in accounting. Boring is what Chanyeol calls it really. But Kris doesn't think so when he has billions of dollars at his fingertips. Kris has big dreams of making a heaps load of money and retiring early, so he's a hard studier and worker. He eventually wants to become a Certified Public Accountant and start his own company or have shares/interest in a big multi-national firm.

 

Kris can be very determined at whatever he puts his mind to, so his whole life is planned out on a piece of paper in his planner and taped to his wall. He likes motivational sayings, so his side of the room has lots a motivational posters, and he likes to plan things out and buy office supplies. He's very reasonable, so he likes to be frugal with his money (hence the accountant part). As a friend he is hard to become friends with because of his looks. But once he opens up, his funny side and weird jokes start coming out.

Kyungsoo

 

Kyungsoo is in his third year of college, a junior with a major in business administration. His Korean is very good because he spent his summers in Korea, along with weekly lessons in the U.S. Because of this, he eventually wants to become a diplomat for the United States.

 

Kyungsoo likes to tell people what to do and when things don't go his way, he gets upset and frustrated. Like Kris, he likes things planned out and has multiple calendars and planners for everything. He doesn't have much patience, which is too bad because his roommate is Baekhyun. He can be a very caring friend to certain people (Minseok and Jongin), and playfully harass others (Chanyeol and Baekhyun). He is quiet, but when he needs to speak and make a point he definitely can. Don't get into an argument with him because he will most definitely win, even if you're right.

Baekhyun

 

Baekhyun is in his second year of college (sophomore), with a major in Information Technology because it's not as complicated as software development and engineering, but makes just as enough money.

 

Baekhyun's favorite past time is to annoy Kyungsoo because for some reason, Kyungsoo has these buttons that makes Baekhyun want to push and prod. Baekhyun is a chatterbox and will chatter up a storm, whether they're listening or not. Not very good at advice and likes to interrupt people when they speak. He doesn't mean to but talking is just so much fun. Sometimes Baekhyun can be very immersed in himself and forgets to take care of others around him. He doesn't mean to do that either, but sometimes he just can't pick up on some signals his friends and family give him.

Jongin

 

Jongin is just entering college (freshman) majoring in pre-med where he eventually wants to become a surgeon. He's currently practicing as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), so he works graveyards at a nursing home in order to pay for school. He doesn't like having his parents pay for his college.

 

Because he's always works graveyards and goes to school during the day, he's constantly tired and always has some sort of caffeinated drink with him. He is quiet and curt on first impression, but with his friends he is very clingy and loyal. He's a very hard worker and very determined, but he ends up accidentally napping on more than one occasion. He looks up to Kris a lot because of his determination and sees him as his mentor rather than Luhan. Not that he doesn't like Luhan of course. Jongin is secretly an anime/manga ottaku.

Luhan

 

Luhan is in his fourth year of college, a senior. He's double majoring in Korean Language/Literature and Chinese Language/Literature. He wants to become a translator for the United Nations. He's also an exchange student from China, but his English is very good because he spent his whole life learning it in school.

 

Luhan is very cheerful and helpful towards others. He can easily break down a person's wall and nudge himself into the other person's life. He is very touchy around the people he cares about (AKA Minseok). Languages come easy to Luhan so he doesn't need to study too hard, but when others (AKA Chanyeol) talk to fast in English or uses slang, he can get confused.

Yixing

 

Yixing is in his third year of college (junior), with a major in Musical Therapy, his career is self-explanatory. He truly believes that music can help improve/cure people's mental abilities. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life as a starving musician, so this was his next best option so he doesn't worry his parents.

 

Yixing is extremely introverted, it doesn't mean he's shy or anything. He just draws his energy from himself rather than others, so he prefers to live inside his own thoughts and daydreams. But once someone gets him talking, he can be just as talkative as Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Yixing can play the piano and guitar. He has perfect pitch and is able to play from hearing a song. He can be very oblivious to others around him just because he gets stuck in his own head and feelings.

Jongdae

 

Jongdae is in his second year of school (sophomore) with a major in mechanical engineering in order to become a mechanical engineer. This is something that is challenging but, not too easy (like Baekhyun's major) with relatively good income.

 

Jongdae is very sarcastic and can easily offend people who don't know him very well. He's more extroverted than introverted. Sometimes he can be a loud mouth and likes to gossip, but he doesn’t mean any harm, he just likes people in general and likes talking about them. He'll be very loyal to his friend and touchy. He likes to cuddle with his friends whenever they are upset. His cuddle buddies are usually Luhan, Junmyeon, and Jongin. He is also a not so secret anime/manga ottaku and is now best buds with Jongin because of it. His room is adorned with magical girls and shonen anime/manga. 

Minseok

 

Minseok is in his final year of college (senior) with a major in economics and a minor in political science. He eventually wants to become a well-known economists and work for the Federal Reserve bank. Mainly because of the government benefits and second because wow he gets to rule Americas economy. One more step to world domination.

 

Minseok is the automatic leader of the fraternity because he is the oldest. His leadership style is super laid back. As long as every as he knows where everyone is, if they're fed, and if they have passable grades...he thinks he's doing a great job at being leader. A lot of things go under his nose because he's so laid back or just doesn't care as long as something doesn't harm someone.

Tao

 

Tao is in his third year of bio-medical engineering. He eventually wants to become a bio-mechanic who makes drugs. Because this is the closest legal thing that would get him to drug dealing. JK LOL! No but, it makes a lot more money than pharmacy and is much more interesting.

 

Tao has a part time job at a hospital as a pharmacist. He got his licensure in high school, the same thing Jongin went through. He likes to hoard money, but also likes to shop. He'll only purchase things on sale though. Him and Kris are great the resident grocery shoppers because while Kris is frugal with money, Tao is the one who can find the good deals (which includes discounted expired food). Jongdae and Luhan aren't particularly happy about that...since they've both suffered numerous accounts of fighting over the toilet bowl. Tao can be especially clingy with his friends and can act like a baby. He likes to take advantage of people, but people around him don't mind because he's just too cute. He is also what Sehun would call Fresh off the Boat (Plane?).