Chapter 2

D.I.L.F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow I did not expect the sudden increase in subscribers and comments haha thank you all so much ^^ I appreciate every single one that was left <3

A/N 2: Writing the bulk of this in the wake of Sungmin's gf announcement. So to people who are feeling too upset, I hope you feel better ^^

Kyuhyun watched as Sunyoung played with Sungmin and laughed a little bit as she kept getting up to get more and more of her toys to show Sungmin. The exasperated look on Sungmin's face was enough to have him smothering more laughter into his sleeve. His daughter was tenacious, he'd give her that; after all, she got him from him. 

The two lovebirds had taken off long ago, something about Hyukjae taking Donghae out for a good dinner after a tiring paper or whatnot. Kyuhyun didn't really pay attention. He had gotten distracted by Sunyoung tugging on Sungmin's hair and asking curiously why it was black tinged with red instead of simply black like hers and oppa pink is pretty, get pink, she said. Something about the spark in Sungmin's eyes told Kyuhyun that the former didn't think it would be such a bad idea either.

It reassured him, seeing Sunyoung take to Sungmin so quickly. Oh, he might come with high recommendations and praises from Hyukjae and Donghae but in the end, the decision was always Sunyoung's. There wasn't a point in hiring a babysitter with stellar reviews if his kid didn't play well with him or her.

'So,' Sungmin began conversationally and Kyuhyun shook himself out of his own thoughts. 'Why'd you need a babysitter?'

Kyuhyun simply lifted a hand and pointed at the paint stains on the walls that he never managed to erase fully. Sungmin only barely managed to contain his laughter and he nodded for Kyuhyun to go on. 'Well, I have an office job,' Kyuhyun began, ruffling at his hair awkwardly. 'So I'm out for most of the day, and I bring work home sometimes. I can't get it done and watch her at the same time. She's at the age where she's interested in everything and anything.' Sungmin nodded sympathetically as he coloured in a small cat for Sunyoung on her drawing. 'So I usually go to bed exhausted, and it's a hassle getting her ready in the morning as well. She goes to daycare after her kindergarten, and they don't really do much there except for naptime; so she has all this energy when she gets home. I was hoping that a babysitter at home with her would let her,' Kyuhyun made a strangled frustrated gesture in the air before flopping bonelessly back onto the couch.

'Vent?' Sungmin suggested.

Kyuhyun pointed tiredly at him in acknowledgement. He got another laugh in response.

'So what will my day to day duties be?'

'Sunyoung finishes kindergarten after lunch and the kids that don't get picked up automatically go into daycare - they're in the same building - so you don't have to worry too much about being on time for their dismissal. You have classes and stuff right?'

'Just a few, and I TA for one class. But my hours are flexible and my classes are mostly in the mornings.'

'Right, so you can come over just whenever you finish classes, pick her up and bring her back here. Lunch is provided there but you can fix her an afternoon snack if she gets hungry. You can play with her, let her take a nap while you do your work, let her watch television or whatever; it's fine by me, as long as she's occupied, not hurt and not hungry, it's okay.'

Sungmin snorted. 'You sure are a dedicated parent.'

Kyuhyun kicked out at him tiredly. 'You try being a single parent with a 9 to 5 job and we'll see how you do.'

Sungmin hummed and continued colouring in a tree. 'So how'd you end up in this mess anyway? A single parent with a 9 to 5 is, like you said, not really ideal is it?' He looked down to make sure Sunyoung was focused on her drawing before looking back up again. 'Is it - is it rude if I ask about Sunyoung's mother?'

Kyuhyun blanched visibly and Sungmin's gaze snapped to his feet. 'Sorry, I really shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry.'

'No, it's okay. It's a reasonable question after talking about my single parent status,' Kyuhyun tipped his head back and stared at the ceiling. How did you tell a complete stranger that your ex-wife couldn't handle her husband being biual, to the point of divorce? He had always favored the guys himself but had married for the sake of a grandchild for his parents. It wasn't that he never fancied the ladies, he considered himself a 60-40 kinda guy. But his wife giving up on him and walking out on him and his daughter? How'd you tell someone that? The clear answer was you don't. Sungmin fidgeted on the floor, clearly uncomfortable having ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter